Post-Game Talk: ECSF Game 3 - B's can't recover from another bad start - Tampa 4 B's 1 - Lightning leads series 2-1

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
It'd be nice if the guys started off strong and came out flying, I guess they kind of did until Gryz had a very bad mistake.

I know I'm whining or whatever but idk, I'm just tired of getting 1 powerplay a game, it just doesn't make sense to me how these teams we're playing can be the most disciplined teams in the world according to the refs.

That was the 4th game out of 9 so far which we've received 1 or 0 powerplays, and the 6th of 9 that received 2 or fewer powerplays.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Who plays centre if Nash is out

Move Backes to center, he can actually win faceoffs which apparently the rest of the team forgot how to do. Donato on the wing.

Why not? Whats happening now isn't working well so it can't hurt

Reactions: BBruins

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I'd switch the lines a bit. Put RN61 with Backes and RN20 and Heinen up with DeBrusk and Krejci. Sit Wingels and go with Schaller. Unless Schaller is nursing an injury, I didn't like the move to Wingels in the first place.

Reactions: Ladyfan and mmk

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Zboril, Bjork, Senyshyn, Vaaka, Carlo, Louzan, Fredeic couldnt mature fast enough. This team needs to speed up asap

Tampa is a mature version of the speedy Leafs team.

Last edited:
Reactions: TCB and bryson21

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I'm not sure if it's him or the terrible play of his linemates. When he got sat in Game 6 against the Leafs, the line was even worse.

I just don't know what happened to that entire line. Two months ago they were incredible.
I was hoping Heinen was going to step up in the playoffs like Debrusk and McAvoy have. Instead he completely vanished. My guess is his hatred of physical play.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
The problem isn't with the personnel in my opinion, and I wouldn't change a thing. It's adjustments in their approach, and it's in execution. People rarely like to hear that, though, because the prevailing thinking is that a lineup change somehow equates to instant success.

And the fact that they just might be playing against a team that is more than capable of beating them

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Donato
Heinen-Backes(or Riley)-Rick
4th

Expect they’ll just take Heinen out although I think he’s not the worst player on that line.

Reactions: TD Charlie

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Not defending Nash but he showed his capability when he had line mates. I know they will never sit the six million dollar man but Backes is cooked.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
The forward lines need energy, insert Donato and yes Gionta, out goes Riley Nash and Wingels. Holden will be in for sure to replace Matt G. Have them practice faceoffs, we are getting destroyed in the dot. Don't even get me going on the refs, maybe just maybe we will exceed our quota and get 2 power-plays next game, a guy can dream can't he.

Reactions: BBruins

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Don't worry, next game we'll probably get the refs that thought Wilson's hit was clean. :sarcasm:

Refs were bad, but so were the Bruins. Scoring one goal is rarely going to be enough to win a playoff game.

Blah.

COME BACK, FUN BRUINS

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Feel bad for people who spent money to go watch them lay an egg. The first mishap by Gryz really killed the vibe and took the fans right out of it.

Hard to pin the loss on him, but that simply can’t happen. He and Krug have taken an absolute pounding though.

I thought the Bruins were much more engaged tonight, but it seems like they haven’t put a game where all cylinders are firing since game 1 of the Leaf series.

Sure you’d like to see the Bruins get a few more power plays and I agree, there were a few non calls tonight against the Bruins, but I noticed a few infractions that went uncalled that the Bruins committed as well. You can’t expect powerplays to be handed to you when you’re not skating, not going to the dirty areas etc. If they move their feet and go to those areas, the hooks, holds and trips will come.

Overall a pretty damn awful effort. The top line cashed on the power play and then were pretty non existent the whole game. I would like to see Riley Nash bumped down for Kuraly. He to me was one of the only Bruins who brought it tonight.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Other than Tuukka, I'm having a really hard time coming up with a Bruin that had a good game tonight. Maybe Miller? I dunno. At least he laid some wood out there.

On second thought, he botched that third goal. Never mind.

The Krejci line was good. They got plenty of great chances but couldn't finish.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
This game is on Cassidy. Same old shit all game long. Need to make SERIOUS adjustments and win or we have a Monday morning tee time.

We're playing right into their forecheck and can't get a proper rush going. Thought Rask was very good, none of the goals were his fault. Too many passengers.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I guess the good news is I don't remember Bergeron getting tossed from the dot once tonight.
I do think he did once or twice but I could be wrong.

I think Marchand took at least one.

I feel bad for Debrusk at this point too.

Nash is trying but time to move him down a line... Krejci has his slow pace style which is fine for the playoffs but that line just doesn't click.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad