Post-Game Talk: ECSF Game 3 - B's can't recover from another bad start - Tampa 4 B's 1 - Lightning leads series 2-1

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
#300 down the list of things that were wrong tonight, but great effort Wingels after being scratched for a bit.

Didn't notice him at all on the forecheck.

The least you can do, if you aren't a skill guy, is skate, and hit. Just be difficult to play against.

Guy gets slotted in and just plays a pedestrian game

Last edited:
Reactions: BBruins

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I don't know what the answer is. I hate giving in, but I would shake it up. I don't know if this lineup, as currently constructed, can dictate the way they want to. Depth hasn't shown up at all. I would first try to spread out the veterans skating in mud. Unfortunately I think the blueline misses the mobile presence of Carlo...... Holden isn't filling that void.... There's really nobody who can realistically draw in and provide a better game.

Have to imagine Czarnik is hungry. Money on the line for him.

I thought Tampa had the best team on paper. Certainly in the East. They are rolling right now.

Reactions: trenton1

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
If I never see Krug again I won’t mind. Brutal against TOR but somehow even worse this series. Absolutely ****ing useless.
Agreed and yet he's like Bobby Orr compared to Grizz.

Speaking of Bobby Orr, did he get his "hair" from a mannequin at Macys?

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
How many times in the past two games have the Bruins had something good going, passed it back to the point and had it bounce over the defenceman's stick?

Must have been 10 times tonight. Awful luck on that

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Not a big fan of Cassidy moving guys in and out, as much as I'd like Reilly scratched...

But it's safe to say that's it for Griz...they will go to Holden in a heartbeat.

Stop screwing around with the Wingels shuffle, just put Schaller back in and roll your best guys.

If you're not going to play Donato on a top 3 line, don't play him. So, yeah, don't bother.

Please, don't mess with Heinen.

Guys have to play better...that's it...shuffling around fringe players isn't going to fix things.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

bluetib

Feb 17, 2009
Montreal
bruins.nhl.com
How come nobody talks about the physical side of the game like hits given/received and
smaller/lighter players seems to be non factor in the last 2 games? Exception Rick Nash
who seems to think he is 5.5 foot!!!

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Another awful game that they deserved to lose. Scores could have been much worse.

There’s not enough respect for Tampa as an opponent. Remember how dumb it was for Leafs fans to feel overconfident because of their regular season records? Same vibe around here going into this series.

They are a damn good team. We are getting beat all over the ice. Reffing didn’t rob this team out of a damn thing they deserved.

They better get their act together quick if they don’t want to get rolled over in this series. This team is capable of a lot better but they better ****ing figure it out quick.

Reactions: BMC and bryson21

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
#300 down the list of things that were wrong tonight, but great effort Wingels after being scratched for a bit.

Didn't notice him at all on the forecheck.

The least you can do, if you aren't a score guy, is skate, and hit. Just be difficult to play against.

Guy gets slotted in and just plays a pedestrian game

To be honest I thought Wingels did exactly what we expect of him.
He DID skate and hit.
Kuraly too.

Acciari... I like his style but most of his hits are ineffective from his lack of true size.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Heinen has been a HUGE disappointment.

I'm not sure if it's him or the terrible play of his linemates. When he got sat in Game 6 against the Leafs, the line was even worse.

I just don't know what happened to that entire line. Two months ago they were incredible.

Reactions: bryson21

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Grizz has a rough night, just a kid though so you can give him a pass.

More disappointed in Krug. Guy has regressed to early season form after having a very good middle of the campaign.

Forwards need to be better top to bottom. Put the work boots on, dump the puck in and go. Get. It. When it’s retrieved to the D those guys can’t dust it off against this team. Pound it or put it back in deep.

And for the love of god someone screen the goalie. Someone. Anyone. Would settle for Gionta at this point.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Not a good enough effort. Slow of foot. Lost too many battles. Little offensive intensity.

Bad passing. Bad puck management, again. That's been our achilles heel in almost every loss.

Grizz and McAvoy are a bad combo. Grizz has struggled.
Rick Nash had some opportunities, but just too slow to get a shot off. Needs the kind of jam DeBrusk brings.

Tuukka was actually pretty good. Made some huge saves in the first.

Undisciplined play from Backes and Marchand.

Ugh. Well, get it back together, win the next one and it's a best of 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad