Post-Game Talk: ECSF Game 3 - B's can't recover from another bad start - Tampa 4 B's 1 - Lightning leads series 2-1

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Bjork started the year hot and looked like a solid top 9 winger, but seemed to wither away as the year went on. Don't know if it was injury related or fatigue. I suspect if he were available, based on how he was playing toward the end of his season, he'd be equivalent to Kuraly, in and out of the lineup as a 4th liner who maybe you could put on the third in a pinch.

Heinen really stole his job, but Heinen's hit a wall himself this postseason.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Ugly, uglier, and ungliest! That's horrendous.

He's pretty childish.

Just wondering Lady Fan, do you think Charlie is hurting badly?
Dan said that he looked like Drew Doughty tonight, and I thought from day one that he's shown a lot of Doughty like qualities.
How about Gryz (I think he got his bell rung bad last week).
Didn't Debrusk also take a pretty mean hit in the last few games too?
I think that they really need some time off but that isn't gonna happen. Too bad with our Providence depth it doesn't seem like we have too many if any help down there, yet. Your thoughts on the above and who do you think needs to be replaced and with whom? Also, I'm getting the feeling like Krug has been targeted and the book is out on him. They're keeping him and Gryz hemmed in and the other defensmen (except McAvoy) are too slow to be able to carry the puck out with any authority.
Charlie had a brace on his elbow area.
Jake was in pain on the bench. Seemed like his rib area (Not arms or legs). Not sure if got a spear or what but he was defiantly hurting.

I would put the Hobbit with Quaider but they don't ask me. :thumbd:

Tampa has been using their fore check the B's not so much.

They seem like they are really hitting the B's and preventing them from doing anything.

B's need some other line to score. I hope Donato can help.

For whatever reason I feel like the B's will win tomorrow. :crossfing

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
They scored 3 goals in 2 games and ur blaming Rask

I have mixed feelings toward Rask this series. Games 1 and 3 have nothing to do with him, but game 2 was a mixed bag. He was under assault all night long and made a lot of incredible saves to keep the Bruins in it, especially in the third period. But the goals he did let in were awful, especially that Johnson one where he basically leaned away from the shot. If he made that save, the Bruins could've stolen that game. That said, he was also the reason it stayed so close up until the end.

He's been inconsistent. But he's not the reason we're behind 2-1. Other factors (top 6, refs) play into it as much if not more than him.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Question for anyone on the board who sits near the bench (I know there are a couple of you):

Do the guys/Cassidy ever really lay into the team? That's about where I would have been after those opening two goals. Just curious as to how professionals act in that situation.

After that first, I'd have video going during intermission specifically calling out players for laziness. A great way to become a hated coach, I am sure, but I would have neither the skill or discipline to act any other way.
I have yet to see the coach really lay into a player on the bench. Maybe he does in the room ?

Reactions: rocketdan9

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I have yet to see the coach really lay into a player on the bench. Maybe he does in the room ?

Imo I don't think he does

Since the ugly start to his coaching career and losing the locker room like that (Washington Capitals) by being too direct, I think he did some soul searching and doesn't resort to that method anymore

He may single you out a little during press conferences (particularly Rask) but I don't think I have seen him upset with anybody or yell at them at the bench etc. Maybe shake his head in displeasure from the bench, but usually that is for the refs

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I have mixed feelings toward Rask this series. Games 1 and 3 have nothing to do with him, but game 2 was a mixed bag. He was under assault all night long and made a lot of incredible saves to keep the Bruins in it, especially in the third period. But the goals he did let in were awful, especially that Johnson one where he basically leaned away from the shot. If he made that save, the Bruins could've stolen that game. That said, he was also the reason it stayed so close up until the end.

He's been inconsistent. But he's not the reason we're behind 2-1. Other factors (top 6, refs) play into it as much if not more than him.

Rask is not the issue so far

yesterday none of the goals he gave up were soft ones.

Team has been playing like horse@# the last 2 games. Give credit to Tampa.

Reactions: lopey

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
This is what I would go with tomorrow if I was Cassidy:
Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Heinen
Donato - Kuraly - Big Rick
Gionta - Acciari - Backes

Chara - McAvoy
Grzelcyk - Miller
Krug - McQuaid

I left Schaller out because I believe it was said he is nursing some injury. I left Riley Nash out because he has been flat out disappointing. I know he suffered a concussion but that is why he should sit. Like Big Rick, Riley looks like he's still trying to find his way back. He could use the time off until he gets back up to speed because right now, he isn't doing much to help the team at either end of the ice. If DeBrusk isn't able to go, move Donato and Backes up and let Czarnik play.

What matters most is that this team comes out at the start of the game on Friday and play like they actually give a damn to be in the playoffs. It's really disappointing seeing guys on this team, especially the veterans, play like how they forgot how to play or like they don't care.

Reactions: gillesgilbert

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
As much as I thought Rask wasn't playing to expectation against Toronto... i don't think he is an issu against Tampa. I think he kept them in winning range.

47 and 48 are not playong well and Tampa physicallity is exposing Boston forward size. Tampa 2, 3 and 4 th ,ine are bringing it, while Boston's first line is actually alone. I am also all on moving Pastrnak down and bringing anyone else on the first unit, especially someone with board work ability. They need to attaque the middle and bring the puck to the net. To much perimiter attaque zone.

I also don't understand whats going on with Riley Nash.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
He has every right to be.
He's just bitter over getting traded to the Rangers. No one blames him at all for rooting for the team he founded, but he always goes out of his way to talk about how he has no sympathies with the Bruins organization, etc. Dude legit can't get over Sinden trading him for Brad Park, 43 years later.

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
Imo I don't think he does

Since the ugly start to his coaching career and losing the locker room like that (Washington Capitals) by being too direct, I think he did some soul searching and doesn't resort to that method anymore

He may single you out a little during press conferences (particularly Rask) but I don't think I have seen him upset with anybody or yell at them at the bench etc. Maybe shake his head in displeasure from the bench, but usually that is for the refs

I think he should be telling Marchand to shut the #$%^ up and leave the refs alone...it's not working in his favor......I believe Claude used to call him out on that...but these days, he's got no leash.

Reactions: rocketdan9

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
He's just bitter over getting traded to the Rangers. No one blames him at all for rooting for the team he founded, but he always goes out of his way to talk about how he has no sympathies with the Bruins organization, etc. Dude legit can't get over Sinden trading him for Brad Park, 43 years later.
I grew up watching the guy but he has never been anywhere near my favorite Bruin.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It’s not news worthy.

Reactions: Bruin

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
When someone says that the team is not giving its best effort, or they need to give a better effort, Thats a fair weather fan. Anyone who thinks any player on the Bruins is not trying.....Thats a fair weather fan. Any fan that is saying "were toast", "were done"..........Krejci is Lazy, Nash cant score a goal, Riley Nash needs to sit....Blah blah blah......I have news for you.....There is another team out there trying to stop us as much as we are trying to stop them.....Lots of fair weather fans here....Breaking down the team is one thing......Jumping ship down 2-1 is another.
There's a big difference between offering an opinion that effort could be better and jumping ship on a team. Jumping ship would be a fairweather fan. Offering a critical opinion, not so much.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Yeah, well, that makes 2 of us.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Maybe Rask could play better, when your goalie is in the bottom 2 remaining stats GAA and SV% for remaining goalies you know where the fault is.

A .907 sv% is just not going to cut it in the playoffs.

Please prove me wrong.
Serious question - Are you actually watching the games? or do you just look at the stats and decide what happened during the game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad