Post-Game Talk: ECSF Game 3 - B's can't recover from another bad start - Tampa 4 B's 1 - Lightning leads series 2-1

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Maybe Rask could play better, when your goalie is in the bottom 2 remaining stats GAA and SV% for remaining goalies you know where the fault is.

A .907 sv% is just not going to cut it in the playoffs.

Please prove me wrong.

So, lets not take into account the quality of the shots, just the number.
First goal last night, two tampa players on his doorstep, no Bruin around, a quick pass from one to the
other, with the player redirecting it into the goal. Like Tuukka should have stopped that one. I honestly can't remember
the other two, trying to blot that game from my memory, but I don't recall thinking Tuukka should have had either of
those.

tkenney65

Dec 21, 2017
How many times in the past two games have the Bruins had something good going, passed it back to the point and had it bounce over the defenceman's stick?

Must have been 10 times tonight. Awful luck on that
Thought I was imagining this as nobody else had mentioned this to this point. Glad to see I am not crazy cause I've been saying this for a week now.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Seriously, the man founded The Lightning.

Excuse him for having a life after Boston?
The lightning have a statue of him in front of their stadium and he does color commentary for them on the radio too, the Lightning are his team for sure.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Maybe Rask could play better, when your goalie is in the bottom 2 remaining stats GAA and SV% for remaining goalies you know where the fault is.

Please prove me wrong.

It does always prove useful when your goalie can stop shots 1-5.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I keep doing that. My brain INSISTS that Riley Nash wears #40.
Looked at your lineup (above), what is Rask doing on the third line:huh: between Heinen and DeBrusk?!? Ballsy move.:rolleyes::laugh:

It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em.

Siedenbergy beat me to it, and also posted the vid. Well done.

I keep doing that. My brain INSISTS that Riley Nash wears #40.

Reactions: Strafer

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I just noticed Sunday's game is at 3pm.
GARBAGE. Hate that for playoff games.
Really hoping it isn't an elimination game.

Reactions: Strafer

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

Please prove me wrong.
Let me ask you this, since stats seem to be important to you. Would these stats be acceptable? 2nd round, who is 3rd among remaining goaltenders, with a .921 sv%? That's right, it's Rask. Is that going to cut it? If the forwards can score more than 1.5 goals a game that is?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I just noticed Sunday's game is at 3pm.
GARBAGE. Hate that for playoff games.
Really hoping it isn't an elimination game.

The bad news for me is I'll likely miss most of Game 4, Game 5, and part of Game 7 due to previous commitments.

The good news is the Bruins record this season when I see only part or none of the game is remarkably good.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Let me ask you this, since stats seem to be important to you. Would these stats be acceptable? 2nd round, who is 3rd among remaining goaltenders, with a .921 sv%? That's right, it's Rask. Is that going to cut it? If the forwards can score more than 1.5 goals a game that is?

This.

Like stats? Stats can be used and manipulated to fit any agenda. How about these stats:

Tampa Bay during the regular season averaged 3.5 goals per game. This series? Rask is holding them to 2.6
Toronto during the regular season averaged 3.3 goals per game. Last series? Rask held them to 2.7

The Bruins have literally faced the #1 and #3 offenses in the entire NHL during the playoffs. And, so far, Rask and Co have held them both well under their season averages. Now it's time for the offense to step it up and score with some consistency.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00