Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Old-Time Hockey - Where were the Hanson Brothers??? - Series tied 1-1

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
HFboards Bruins fans:
“We’re getting pushed around! We need some size!”
Team adds Brazzeau, Maroon:
“They’re so slow!”
🙄

You realize that a forum is made up of a bunch of individuals right? Its not a hive mind. So unless you are pointing out specific posters who have flip flopped, this kind of statement is pointless.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Charlie I'm definitely older than you. I'm not mad at you in fact most of the time I agree with your point of view.

You don't ever have to apologize for existing to anyone. You be you and f*** 'em if they don't like it.

Been there, done that, won't ever do it again.
I’m sensationalizing it. Kinda.

Much love and respect for you always Beemer!

You realize that a forum is made up of a bunch of individuals right? Its not a hive mind. So unless you are pointing out specific posters who have flip flopped, this kind of statement is pointless.
Not to mention they can be both big and slow. That’s a real thing. I’m also allowed to acknowledge Brazeau for being both big and slow, particularly if the slowness is more of a factor than the bigness

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
What happened is, starting (mainly) with the 2nd period, the Panthers started camping out in our zone, (as if it was a power play) for a minute or more at a time then we would eventually dump it out and they would come back in IMMEDIATELY. No matter how great your goaltending is you can't allow that pattern to occur and still win.

The question is, who/what was to blame? We're too slow? Their better passing? A defensive breakdown? Some combination of all that? I'm not sure but we CAN'T let them to set up in our end consistently or we're doomed.

(oh yeah, and tell Mac to get the hell OUT of Swayman's way)
Leafs changed their game plan after game 4 the same way ,got away from the wide open playing ,and it almost won them the series. I fear Florida has done the same thing to their game plan after the first game and first period last night. I guess we will find out tomorrow if that’s the case or not. If it is Bruins are going to have their hands full and the second period last night might be the norm the rest of the series. Because they are more better equipped to play that style than the Leafs were. They will get more shots through and have much more traffic in front of Swayman.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
It’s a general observation that some posters don’t seem to want to acknowledge that, generally speaking, large players are not the swiftest of foot. Players that bring size, snarl and speed are rare as hen’s teeth.

No I don’t take names and I don’t have a dataset of stated opinions to cross reference. But I’ve been on this board a long time and it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if some of the people calling for more beef are the same people complaining about their relative lack of speed.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Not to mention they can be both big and slow. That’s a real thing. I’m also allowed to acknowledge Brazeau for being both big and slow, particularly if the slowness is more of a factor than the bigness

Right back at ya Charlie! :5:

• Love
Reactions: TD Charlie

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto

Brazeau didn’t look slow on his goal in game 1.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Why do I always feel like anyone older than me is mad at me, or that I have to apologize for existing? Surely this cannot just be me

There’s only one person on this forum I don’t want to disappoint and we all know who it is, and that unfortunately I still manage to do it all the time. IRL, I walk an extremely straight line. Yes sir, thank you Ms, I’m sorry I’ll do better, yes of course I can do that. Etc etc
For one thing, you type things such as IRL, and then us olde guise have to Google it to find out what the heck it means!!!!!!!:madfire: :rant: :ipeace

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
It’s a general observation that some posters don’t seem to want to acknowledge that, generally speaking, large players are not the swiftest of foot. Players that bring size, snarl and speed are rare as hen’s teeth.

No I don’t take names and I don’t have a dataset of stated opinions to cross reference. But I’ve been on this board a long time and it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if some of the people calling for more beef are the same people complaining about their relative lack of speed.

So your observation is some fans wanted bigger players inserted into the lineup, and then other fans weren't happy how it made the team slower?

I'd say yea thats how a forum works. Nothing eye roll worthy from that

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I’m not really worried about last night. Happy we are 1-1 going back to Boston.

One thing I’m actually really annoyed with is the consistent dumb penalties like too many men on the ice.

It’s a very bad, careless penalty to have reoccurring. It’s a lack of focus. 5 in 9 games.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
NHL will have the whistles out early next game to prevent any escalations. Best way to beat FL is the get the offense going and Swayman to frustrate FL. Not looking to settle scores in a pivotal game 3
fair but there better be some physical response to Tkachuk being a toolbox, he`ll turtle of course if it`s Maroon but..

Reactions: BMC and Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
NHL will have the whistles out early next game to prevent any escalations. Best way to beat FL is the get the offense going and Swayman to frustrate FL. Not looking to settle scores in a pivotal game 3
f*** that. From puck drop respond immediately. Then it's over. That's how it goes.

Reactions: BMC

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The NHL also shot themselves in the foot when they gave Maroon the boot for literally nothing. Everything happened once they gave the Bruins physical players the boot. Everything.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
We've been out "scoring chanced" in both games by a large margin. Florida had 60% of the chances in game 1 and 70% in game two. That's unsustainable.
It's cool we didn't turtle, we got bitch slapped in a loss and pastrnak ate some punches. Woohoo. We have dignity. Now maybe figure out how to break the puck out

Easy to out chance your opponent when you shoot the puck from everywhere.

Their gameplan worked on a tired D-corps in the 2nd period with the two quick penalties and McAvoy going back and forth the dressing room. A tired D plays right into their gameplan. The Bruins as a team were gassed and Florida's break and lack of travel provided them a distinct advantage the further they got into Game 2.

Hopefully the Bruins can find a way to refresh mentally and physically before Game 3.

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
We need to come out in game 3 with a vicious forecheck that gives their D trouble. Also get in front of Bob so he can't see our shots.

no excuses.gif

Reactions: BMC

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
We've been out "scoring chanced" in both games by a large margin. Florida had 60% of the chances in game 1 and 70% in game two. That's unsustainable.
It's cool we didn't turtle, we got bitch slapped in a loss and pastrnak ate some punches. Woohoo. We have dignity. Now maybe figure out how to break the puck out
Exactly my feelings on the game I really don’t care much about the crap after the game outcome wasn’t in question,figure out how to get the puck,out of your own end ,stop taking boneheaded penalties especially the to many men on the ice it’s to the point of being pathetic and an embarrassment.Twenty minutes of Hockey against Florida will result in 3 more outcomes like last night .

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Easy to out chance your opponent when you shoot the puck from everywhere.

Their gameplan worked on a tired D-corps in the 2nd period with the two quick penalties and McAvoy going back and forth the dressing room. A tired D plays right into their gameplan. The Bruins as a team were gassed and Florida's break and lack of travel provided them a distinct advantage the further they got into Game 2.

Hopefully the Bruins can find a way to refresh mentally and physically before Game 3.
A scoring chance is defined based on quality. A point shot isn't a scoring chance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad