Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Old-Time Hockey - Where were the Hanson Brothers??? - Series tied 1-1

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
No way the NHL allows that to happen. The league is run by morons who actively go against fans' wishes. They will instruct the refs to drop the hammer on everything. The league sucks.
How could they stop it. I'm guessing you never played higher level of hockey. I went to some Dub games and was told who was going fight at the start of a game. The NHL couldn't stop staged fight even if they tried.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It’s not that black and white and you know it . I don’t want Pasta fighting , all I want him to do is grind his way through the physical play , go to the dirty areas and score goals like he can . Hoping Maroon could move a little better instead of chasing the play isn’t unreasonable in my opinion.
Well you can hope in one had and ***** in the other and see which gets filled first. That Maroon is long gone. The Bruins aren't built for this physicality, and maintaining it for the remainder of this series and beyond is going to be almost impossible. Maroon was all that Sweeney could get at what he had available to him at the TDL.
No matter what happens, he'd better have his eyes open for toughness because that's a commodity that will be a need until they start padding the boards and wrapping players in bubble wrap.
I n regards to Maroon, I feel it's fairly miraculous that he can ever bend down to lace his skates, playing in the SC playoffs. I give him huge credit for that.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
he doesn't need to score goals he just needs to stop killing plays by coughing the puck up.
We have a few other guys coughing up pucks at inopportune times. If Maroon wasn't thrown out things never escalate to the point where the Bruins got bitch slapped like that. It was open season once he and Freddy were thrown out. McAvoy did nothing positive, how about he slugs it out with that POS before Pasta!?!

Bruins have to get more physical on Tkachuk. Maroon was brought in to set a tone. If he doesn't why have him on the roster. Also Bruins have size. Use it.
Without Maroon and Freddy, this team is a toothless, declawed bear. Lots of size but little fight. We'll see what the whole team is made of on Friday and beyond.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
right? Those soft clears. I swear they can't keep doing that. Give me a hard icing that either makes it out or isn't turned over. It's better than THOSE

Let's get 3 more W's for your old man!
Or flip it out OVER the other teams defensemen. Constantly doing the same thing is too easily predictable. If the other team manages to knock it down at 10 feet high the whistle will get blown for a high stick and a faceoff where ever the D-man knocked it down.

Brazzeau has had a handful of 2 on 1s and a breakaway goal. If he is slow then 95% of our team is too slow
Another example of a guy who knows how to get the job done. Maybe a few seconds slower but he knows what to do when he gets there. We need more Brazeau's.

Last edited:

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
WIth the talent the Rangers have and possessing perhaps the best goalie in the NHL, I wouldn't be surprised if they enter the SC finals at 12-0.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
How could they stop it. I'm guessing you never played higher level of hockey. I went to some Dub games and was told who was going fight at the start of a game. The NHL couldn't stop staged fight even if they tried.
Pretty easily. They'll warn the coaches beforehand they'll be handing out misconducts like candy on Halloween if there's a lot of fights. Just look what they did for Rangers/Devils. Does D3 college count as higher level?

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Or flip it out OVER the other teams defensemen. Constantly doing the same thing is too easily predictable. If the other team manages to knock it down at 10 feet high the whistle will get blown for a high stick and a faceoff where ever the D-man knocked it down.

Another example of a guy who knows how to get the job done. Maybe a few seconds slower but he knows what to do when he gets there. We need more Brazeau's.
Two things the BRUINS won't be accused of 1)being top heavy and 2) being speedsters.
However, few teams work as hard as the BRUINS. To make up for the above two weaknesses, they have to work hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Making Marchy captain, imho, has diminished what Brad used to do so well before his promotion. He's no longer as big a pain in the ass to the opposition like he used to be.

Reactions: Gordoff

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
The refs are calling everything in the Rangers/ Hurricanes game. Rooney being one of the refs.
Wouldn't surprise me that this will also be true in the BRUINS game tomorrow.

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
Two things the BRUINS won't be accused of 1)being top heavy and 2) being speedsters.
However, few teams work as hard as the BRUINS. To make up for the above two weaknesses, they have to work hard.
Therein lies the problem IMO.

I think they were badly outworked in Games 5 and 6 vs Toronto and 2/3 of Game 2 vs Fla.

You can’t be decidedly outworked in 25-30% of playoff games.

Reactions: Kate08

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Milbury made a good point this morning regarding the BRUINS defensive breakdown. He mentioned that none of the coaches behind the bench was ever a blue liner.
I found that interesting and perhaps explained a lot.
Very telling. Explains a lot.

Therein lies the problem IMO.

I think they were badly outworked in Games 5 and 6 vs Toronto and 2/3 of Game 2 vs Fla.

You can’t be decidedly outworked in 25-30% of playoff games.
Monty, snap that f***ing whip!

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I like Wotherspoon, but he needs to play on his strong side.

Forbort needs to sit. The guy creates nothing on offence, and his #1 play is a weak shot to the side of the boards in the D zone.
Wotherspoon - Peeke should be the third pairing. Hope Peeke is ready to go for game 3.

McAvoy needs to be paired with a better defensive partner. Pair Lindholm with him, and pair Lohrei (an offensive minded defenseman) with Carlo (a stay at home d-man).
Going forward (including next season):

Lindholm - McAvoy
Lohrei - Carlo
Wotherspoon - Peeke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad