Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Get a good night's sleep guys - Tampa Bay 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
I just don't see how you can start Vladar tomorrow. He is not even close to be able to put in this position. I only even entertain the thought because of the lack of crowd but I would go with Halak for sure. 7 million dollar man put us in a horrible position but I'm living and dying with Halak.

And I don't care how many PP assists he gets or long down ice passes Krug gets abused 95 percent of the time.

Reactions: lopey

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Sometimes in playoffs you lose. Cant go 16-0. We were f***ing horrible and did not deserve a win. Tomorrow we will be better. This will be a long series but we will win this.

Agree but I dont think we were horrible. We werent good and yet, we went to OT. Fix a few things, come out harder and be meaner and physical, and we will benefit.

Reactions: lopey

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Anyone else think that playing Chara is basically a suicide against Tampas forecheck?

Reactions: tremha

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
Krug sucks and not worth more than what hes getting , Zack f***ing Bogosian made him look like a pilon , IMO hes gotten worse and cant f***ing hit any thing but D men shinpads.
we could not beat a tampa team that was missing stamkos and had Bogosian , Coburn , and f***ing Luke ( I cant belive this guy is still in the league ) Schenn , playing Defence .
Tampa in 5

Reactions: BTO and JOKER 192

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Do you play Vladar? I would've if we won no question... but now it's a tougher choice. That's a big ask.... but at the same time not sure the last time Halak played a back to back...
Without Rask, it was not likely we would win this series. He’s a Venzina class goalie. Can’t see the logic in going with Vlad at this point. Sad state of affairs.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I so hate to say this, but Chara finally looks to be on his last legs. He's been slow for years, and I still don't see that as a problem because he's been so good at reading the play and using his body and stick to break plays up. But now his hands seem to be going, and his decision-making - he's fumbled the puck horribly two games in a row, got beaten up behind the net, and can't clear the zone to save his life. We have to stick with him, probably with reduced minutes, but if we want to give him another Cup it has to be now, 'cause I'm not sure next year is viable. At his age you can fall off a cliff in form so quickly, and unless he's got another miracle in his back pocket this might be that time.

That said, it was younger guys who coughed up bad goals - Krug, Carlo and Clifton. D outside of Chucky and Gryz was just bad all round tonight and that won't do for a team built on its defensive ability, especially with Halak in net. Simply have to clean that up and work harder at winning pucks and clearing the zone tomorrow.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Team defense was not good, too many quality chances for Tampa. They deserved it, blaming Halak is not the answer. They out chanced the Bruins 2-1 all game. Pasta looks like he is playing injured to me, he avoids any contact or rushing the puck. Coyle needs some help and Krech and his line did not show up.

Chara is struggling, he can't keep up to the speed or handle the puck, a warrior for sure but his ice needs to be cut. Cliffy needs to reel it in that shot and pinch was bad when playing with Zee. Carlo and Krug were rough out there tonight too. Marshy and Bergy tried but they were alone on the offense.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Honestly I thought Coyle was the worst player on that third line tonight.

Just my two cents.

Very uncharacteristic night for him. Puck seemed to die on his stick all night.

His line however played some of its best 5 on 5 tonight.

Reactions: TD Charlie

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Yeah, Carlo is my fav player...but he’s one of those guys, like Halak, that doesn’t seem like they’re mentally with it.

Krug also to a degree.

Putting Chara with Carlo wouldn’t be a bad thing to consider. Both guys need something.
Not a bad idea, a horrible one. That pairing gets blown by.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
There is no silver lining in “we weren’t that great and took it to OT with our backup”

no. He’s not the backup. He is THE starter now. This is the hand Boston has been dealt. They gotta win with this guy. There is no moral victory keeping it close.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Sloppy D. No excuse. We MUST be better. And I expect better tomorrow. Its only a tied series right now. No doom and gloom. Deep breaths. I am still confident we will win this series. Nobody said it was going to be easy.

We need to clean out the crease. No more letting Tampa in front of our goal. We need to be goons like them. I am sick of seeing them do it. Time to get big and get mad.

Bingo! No excuse for the Bs play near the crease tonight in their own zone. Kucherov should have not had the space he had to get his tip in goal. Ritchie, who I thought otherwise was fine, was bad on that play. Krug needs to be way better around the crease. Carlo is a shell of himself around the crease that he was in the regular season. The forwards were behind their men on several key occasions as well, which allowed TB to crash toward the goal unabated. TB was more physical and more hungry tonight. They deserved the win. Bs can definitely play better, and hopefully will pull it out in game 3.

Reactions: BMC and Mione134

LucicIsABeast

Dec 7, 2008
Lville IL
My three thoughts before bed:

1. The Lightning are absolutely relentless. They never ever quit.

2. If the Bruins had to lose that game, I’m thankful they didn’t make me watch three overtimes before coughing up the game-winner.

3. At least the Bruins don’t have to wait 48 hours to redeem themselves and can try to get their pound of flesh tomorrow. I hate waiting after a loss.

Goodnight, all.

See you tomorrow.
Some reason this made me feel better, goodnight and onto tomorrow

Reactions: rfournier103

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Honestly I thought Coyle was the worst player on that third line tonight.

Just my two cents.

Very uncharacteristic night for him. Puck seemed to die on his stick all night.

His line however played some of its best 5 on 5 tonight.

Are 3 headed monster

Bergeron
Krejci
Coyle

where all pretty much invisible tojight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad