BRUINS GDT ECSF - Game 2 Bruins (1) at Lightning (0) - 4/30 7:11 PM - NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Lets get them on the PK tonite.
Dont think their PK unit can contain our power play.

Lets steal this one tonite and go for the sweep ala Philly in 2011.

Reactions: HustleB

blazenlo

Oct 3, 2005
Maine
Awesome GDT! (as always)

LET'S Go :bruins's !!!:clap::clap::clap:

Push over anything out there in blue tonight!!!

giphy.gif

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Already guaranteed a split so I don’t like being greedy.

However, would like to see a 5-0 Bruins lead after the first. Let the game play out from there and see what happens!

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I hope we get some better effort from the second, third and fourth line. We can't keep relying on the first line to produce all the time and win.
Nash and Debrusk were three of the six goals.

Second line is fine.

Third and fourth however were weak-at least in our D zone but then Cooper has last change and was putting Stamkos against the third.

Reactions: Orr2Neely8

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Just re-watched the highlights of Game 1 from Dafoomie. It would be really nice to get a decently-refereed game for once. Or at least call the headshots against the Bruins.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I honestly want to blow this team out more than I have any team in a long time.

They remind me of the 2011 Canucks in the way they are immensely skilled and successful in the regular season but start throwing cheap shots when things don't work out for them.

Like...I want to beat them so bad that they start making stupid, desperate trades in the offseason & ruin what they have built.

Regina

Apr 11, 2004
Regina
www.corrine.ca
I honestly want to blow this team out more than I have any team in a long time.

They remind me of the 2011 Canucks in the way they are immensely skilled and successful in the regular season but start throwing cheap shots when things don't work out for them.

Like...I want to beat them so bad that they start making stupid, desperate trades in the offseason & ruin what they have built.

Kind of but they haven't bit anyone as of yet

Reactions: BMC and ProdigalFan

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Nash and Debrusk were three of the six goals.

Second line is fine.

Third and fourth however were weak-at least in our D zone but then Cooper has last change and was putting Stamkos against the third.

I have seen this posted a few times, and I didn't respond because I hadn't watched the whole game, just highlights. Last night I finally watched the game, and while there were a few shifts where the 3rd and 4th lines got hemmed in a bit, I thought that it usually stemmed more from the D not getting it out clean, than a reflection of the forwards. I don't think Krug had his best transition game yesterday and it led to some issues.

I like Kuraly on the 3rd line, only because it gives that line a little more speed than when Nash20 is centering. They actually generated quite a few scoring opportunities (mostly Heinen to Backes), but 42 was not able to finish. As long as the 4th line comes out of the game even when they are on the road, I think they are in pretty good shape. Offense in that situation is an added bonus.

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
The view from Tampa Bay

For Lightning, winning Game 2 is all that matters

BRANDON – It was the day after. The sky had fallen. The Lightning was under it. Now what will it do about it?
This playoff series began one team short. It is time for the Lightning to wipe the layoff sleepy winkers from its eyes. How many skate blades can you really count on the Boston Bruins losing to make this a series?

Boston's best line – Bergeron, Pastrnak and Pestilence – is roaring. The Lightning's best line, led by Nikita Kucherov and Steven Stamkos, has yet to show some fangs.

Forget all the Game 1 chances.
Jon Cooper has.

"You can look at the outshot them, outattempted them, outchanced them, all that stuff," he said. "But what really mattered is they beat us 6-2, and really it was 7-2. They had one taken away on a penalty. So let's call it how it is."

Let's.
Round 1 to Boston. Convincingly.

The Lightning needs answers. Immediately. Monday night. Game 2. Or else.

Cooper: Lightning’s intensity in Game 1 not cutting it

The Lightning needs to play with more intensity than it did Saturday during the 6-2 loss in Game 1.

"I bet you all five games in the (first-round series against the Devils) we had more intensity than we had in Game 1 (Saturday), and it's not going to get it done," coach Jon Cooper said after practice. "With every round, you have to elevate your game, your intensity, everything, and we didn't. Took a step back. A really good team showed us what happens when you do that."

The Lightning had 78 scoring chances to the Bruins' 37. The problem was it failed to get the puck on net on 42 of those chances, with 21 of them resulting in blocked shots. But, as Cooper said, his team lost by four goals.

"So, let's call it how it is," Cooper said. "We'll make sure we don't make that mistake again."
Hence, the hard practice.

"The Lightning had 78 scoring chances to the Bruins' 37. The problem was it failed to get the puck on net on 42 of those chances, with 21 of them resulting in blocked shots."

That scoring chance number for TB seems way high. I thought blocked shots weren't generally counted as scoring chances.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
"The Lightning had 78 scoring chances to the Bruins' 37. The problem was it failed to get the puck on net on 42 of those chances, with 21 of them resulting in blocked shots."

That scoring chance number for TB seems way high. I thought blocked shots weren't generally counted as scoring chances.
I didn’t either, but it inflated the numbers to count them.

The Bruins did block a lot of shots but Cassidy said keeping Tampa on the perimeter and taking away the higher percentage shots was their strategy.

I think the Bruins executed that part well. They just need to get better of exiting the D zone once they get the puck.

Reactions: veganbruin

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Playing the Leafs style will expose their defense if it isn’t what their used to.

Also, I’m not sure a Tampa team gets the leeway to interfere to the extent the Leafs/Babcock gets.

But they have to do something so looks like it’s stretch passes once again.

And a boatload of icings!

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad