ECSF - Game 1 - Toronto Maple Leafs vs Florida Panthers - 7pm EST, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Literally if you clicked on that link with 4 minutes remaining in the game it was 46% Florida to 54% Toronto.

That should tell you everything you need to know about this measure.

No it wasn't... I've been checking all night... delusion

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
The Craig Simpson tongue bath is intense.

I have no problem with reviewing calls or non calls but they need to do it consistently. Many many obvious and sometimes game changing penalties have gone uncalled and the refs attitude was "so what?"
I agree totally. Consistency. And Im one of those rare cats who likes reviewing offside, high sticks on pucks, hand passes, etc.

Reactions: Laus723

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Reminder that moneypuck had the Flames as the Stanley Cup favorites for most of this season lol

Yeah, moneypuck had Florida as a top team early in the season when they clearly, clearly were not. The Panthers have been playing much better since April started, but having them in the league's top three in November was just laughable.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Paul Maurice informing the officiating crew of their collective IQ in a way that won't get him sanctioned.

Screenshot (1252).png

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
The Leafs are amazing when their goalie is pulled, it will be a tough challenge for any team to defend this when up by one or two goals. Leafs will probably save themselves at least one OT with this.

Impressed by Florida, hope they win. Still believe Toronto will do it in 5 or 6.

Green

Nov 13, 2019
Do they have seat belts on the seats in Toronto? What a lame crowd! That's home ice advantage?
Go Leafs Go.... crickets... Lol...
It's insane how many empty seats I saw in the lower bowl when there were like 3 minutes left

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
It was the right call. Got to love O’Reilly though. Bleeding and no reaction and didn’t even ask for a penalty.
I mean if they had called it, it would have been the right call. But they didn't. I've never seen them call a penalty after the fact on a missed call.

Missed high sticks happen every single game, never once have they gathered and decided they missed it and awarded a penalty.

It's a pretty strange precedent to set.

Mar 26, 2010
The Leafs are amazing when their goalie is pulled, it will be a tough challenge for any team to defend this when up by one or two goals. Leafs will probably save themselves at least one OT with this.

Impressed by Florida, hope they win. Still believe Toronto will do it in 5 or 6.
It is going to be a sweep.

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
I mean if they had called it, it would have been the right call. But they didn't. I've never seen them call a penalty after the fact on a missed call.

Missed high sticks happen every single game, never once have they gathered and decided they missed it and awarded a penalty.

I agree I have never seen it before either. Definitely strange, but the right call in the end.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I'm...not a Leafs fan?

And they're beating teams by having strong forward depth, getting decent goaltending, and and coming up against a team that was built around geriatrics who didn't play at full capacity through the series, and now a Leafs team that is soft as butter and is completely failing to press the advantage against the Panthers massive, glaring achilles heel.
Geriatrics? Wtf are you talking about? Carlo and McAvoy are Geriatrics? Bertuzzi? Pasta? Etc. So you come up with excuses to make top teams look like bad teams with weakness. In that case no other team can stop FLA now.

Reactions: BTO

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Agreed 100%

We’re opening a whole new can of worms here. Is it because there was blood? I legitimately have no idea here. I don’t get it.

Can you review a missed elbow call? A missed trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad