ECSF - Game 1 - Toronto Maple Leafs vs Florida Panthers - 7pm EST, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Your reasoning is very dumb. Boston made it hard on them and had the officials on their side and they still couldn't beat FLA in a series and they had Veteran cup winners like Marchand, Krecji, Bergeron etc. Your Leafs also played their best game and still lost in game 1. Which team do you think can push them on defense? They are the darkhorse Cinderella team that will go all the way and all the signs are there plus their D seems good enough with Ekblad, Montour the 20 goal scorer, Forsling, Guess, Staal etc.

It's completely insane to not acknowledge that the Bruins got just 58 broken minutes from Bergeron, and 77 and change from a clearly not 100% Krejci in that series. That's their top 2 centers...playing only a tiny fraction of the series, at diminished capacity. Take the top-2 centers off any playoff team, and they're going to give you a gimped series.

The Panthers are not a very good, complete team. They barely snuck into the playoffs and have been really fortunate that their competitors are not able or willing to pressure them. They've got great scoring depth up front...and they've leaned on that to carry them. But they're not a good team overall.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
It's insane how many empty seats I saw in the lower bowl when there were like 3 minutes left
Could someone explain this by the way? I know Florida has club seats with free food and beverage in front where the tv looks hence why the games look empty at the start. What are these Toronto tickets?

Reactions: ShootIt

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
I agree I have never seen it before either. Definitely strange, but the right call in the end.
Do they do that if it happened to the panthers who were leading the game at the time is the question? I have a feeling they don’t. And that’s where the problem lays. The refs work for the team behind

Sharkbomb

Jul 20, 2022
Florida was dominant on the third period, Toronto was dominant on the second and they were about even on the first. But Toronto ran into what might be their worst case scenario, a resurrection of Vezina Bob. We'll see if he can keep it up. Also, Florida's aggressive and unrelenting forecheck keeps impressing me.

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
Do they do that if it happened to the panthers who were leading the game at the time is the question? I have a feeling they don’t. And that’s where the problem lays. The refs work for the team behind
I totally agree. I don't like the call being reviewable, but just admitting it was the right call.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
The problem with these charts is that they ignore at what point in the game the scoring chances come. Leafs had 1/2 dozen good chances on 1 power play in the 2nd. That alone skews the stats.

The second period pushed it from an even game to a very one-sided game, Bob stood on his head, he was the only reason Florida won.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I think bobrovsky was the major problem tonight

That's crazy talk/s

Let's refer to Bobrovsky as a brick wall. What would you do if you were trying to score on a brick wall?

You'd probably look for the weak points of said wall, and you'd try to break it down.

So the Leafs will be watching a whole lot of video, and we'll see what happens in game 2.

Because game 1 doesn't really tell you anything, what happened in game 1 vs the Lightning?

Exactly.

So game 2 is on the coaching staff.

What was with Paul Maurice putting up 5 fingers on one hand and 1 finger on the other, on camera, why is this guy showing his cards like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad