Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 1 - THE BEAR throws the cat over the cliff.....again - BRUINS 5 Sunrise 1 - BRUINS lead series 1-0

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Actually you could say that Messier was the Oilers MVP on many occasions (especially in the playoffs), but I didn't want to overlook the great goaltending of Fuhr, Moog and Ranford

The Bruins had their share of tough guys (who could actually play hockey), but Semenko and McSorley were brought in mainly to protect Gretzky .....if the refs couldn't

Orr was a tough player in his own right, who played every facet of the game (including fights), and although his team mates were quick to help him out when needed, he was not protected by the refs
Don’t forget Harry Sinden he did everything he could to help those Edmonton teams and f*** us. Loser. Every trade with that asshole franchise was a loss for us and they stole 2 Cups Pocklington probably gave him 10 grand and owned him.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Actually you could say that Messier was the Oilers MVP on many occasions (especially in the playoffs), but I didn't want to overlook the great goaltending of Fuhr, Moog and Ranford

The Bruins had their share of tough guys (who could actually play hockey), but Semenko and McSorley were brought in mainly to protect Gretzky .....if the refs couldn't

Orr was a tough player in his own right, who played every facet of the game (including fights), and although his team mates were quick to help him out when needed, he was not protected by the refs

Gretzky was illusive, not easy to hit. Orr was not. He was flying into traffic all the time.

No one really took any cheap shots at either one. Pat Quinn was lucky to get out of Garden alive the night he caught Orr with his head down during the playoff.

I've always considered Gretzky the greatest offensive player ever. And Orr the greatest player ever.

As for Messier, he actually won a Conn Smythe trophy before Gretzky did. Ranford also won it after Gretzky was traded to LA.

Don’t forget Harry Sinden he did everything he could to help those Edmonton teams and f*** us. Loser. Every trade with that asshole franchise was a loss for us and they stole 2 Cups Pocklington probably gave him 10 grand and owned him.

The Oilers stole two Cups?

Reactions: bobbyorr04

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC
The only thing that's a bad matchup for Florida is Swayman.

Once again, the Bruins were crushed on faceoffs. Someone stated here we finally got a fairly officiated game, so that means B's got help from the officials. As usual, Bruins struggled to clear the defensive zone. They also lost most of the board battles. What was different was that they sniped 4 goals. And they definitely played with more confidence.
Not sure what you mean by this...

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC
Just let that idiot Bourne know via twitter he don't know shit.All he did was say Bruins no chance.Now it's Florida was eating grapes a week to now saying 4 straight wins a gentlemen's sweep.How the hell is idiots like him on TV?..?..Told him & Kypreos they should be covering Ringette
I suspect they’re butt-hurt over the Leafs loss.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I actually wouldn’t mind if they went Ully next game

Pull off a win and that really gets in the heads of the panthers

Sheeeeyat

IMG_4878.jpeg

Reactions: BMC

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Just let that idiot Bourne know via twitter he don't know shit.All he did was say Bruins no chance.Now it's Florida was eating grapes a week to now saying 4 straight wins a gentlemen's sweep.How the hell is idiots like him on TV?..?..Told him & Kypreos they should be covering Ringette
Bourne picked Winnipeg over Colorado. Picked every Canadian team to advance in the first round. If someone told him the Caps were actually based in Toronto he would have predicted they’d sweep the Rangers.

Reactions: bruins19

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Didn’t bother reading the GDT and ain’t reading the post game comments. All I’ll say is this: We’re down 3-1 and fighting for our lives on Tuesday.

The way I see it, we can feel sorry for ourselves and cry or we can get behind the team we love 100% and see what happens. Ya’ll decide. As for me, I’m not ready to start crying like a little bitch just yet….

Reactions: jgatie

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Didn’t bother reading the GDT and ain’t reading the post game comments. All I’ll say is this: We’re down 3-1 and fighting for our lives on Tuesday.

The way I see it, we can feel sorry for ourselves and cry or we can get behind the team we love 100% and see what happens. Ya’ll decide. As for me, I’m not ready to start crying like a little bitch just yet….

Thank you for your service.

Medal is in the mail.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad