Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 1 - THE BEAR throws the cat over the cliff.....again - BRUINS 5 Sunrise 1 - BRUINS lead series 1-0

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
The B's Defense is deep. Healthy and sitting are Peeke, Shattenkirk, and Gryz. I know many don't like Gryz, but how many teams can throw someone like Gryz out there for your 9th D'man.
Gryz would maybe make into the second period before he was sent into the quiet room for concussion protocol.

Reactions: Gordoff

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Oh come on they were on the brink of blowing another 3-1 series lead played a couple of total lacklustre games with 1 and 2 shots in the first period,and if not for Swayman would have been on the golf course.The negative comments were warranted.How about we just move on it was a very emotional series for a lot of Bruins fans ,especially the Canadian ones that a loss would have been brutal.
It is in adversity that winners emerge.
All those posters losing their mind submerge by emotion when it does not go like they would like and calling players chockers, loser etc....and calling the Boston core group and this organisation that have been in the best 3-5 clubs ins the league the past 20+ year can eat crow. I maintain my point, but you are correct on one point, let's move on.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Actually it was ECF when he started standing on his head.

sort of, he had some so so games where the Lightning scored 5-6 goals if I recall.

People forget how much of a team effort that cup was, he was lights out in the Final to be sure, but we needed everything from everyone to get that win. People like to use the Thomas thing to take credit away from the bruins, I don't buy it. That team was absolute nails. They'd destroy any team currently playing in the playoffs this year.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Kate08’s rules to live by:

Always return your shopping cart
When in doubt, order the dessert
The beach will fix anything
NEVER LEAVE A PLAYOFF HOCKEY GAME EARLY
Interesting. Mine are:

never get less than twelve hours sleep;
never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city;
and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.

Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Swayman made a huge save early on and the Panthers held the play first 10 mins. Bruins could of had 4 after the 1st period and game over and commanded the play mins. 11 through 40. They sat back a bit too much early in the 3rd, Monty calls the timeout, and they go back to attacking more. I thought Bobrovsky kept them in the game.

That's what the Panthers offense relies on, bounces. It's quantity not quality. But they didn't have very many open looks at Swayman last night.

I'm just not that impressed by the team over on the other side. At least not close enough to all the hype they've gotten by the media over the past month or so.
I’m not as down on the Panthers as you seem to be but I truly appreciate your insights. You see things I miss every game and the context is just awesome.
I did think that all of the Panther shots were from the perimeter. It was frustrating watching them cycle at will at times but for the most part the cycle drove offensive zone time rather then high danger chances. With a goalie like Swayman they will need tips or rebounds to score and maybe that’s harder to do when you rely on the cycle.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I’m not as down on the Panthers as you seem to be but I truly appreciate your insights. You see things I miss every game and the context is just awesome.
I did think that all of the Panther shots were from the perimeter. It was frustrating watching them cycle at will at times but for the most part the cycle drove offensive zone time rather then high danger chances. With a goalie like Swayman they will need tips or rebounds to score and maybe that’s harder to do when you rely on the cycle.

I do like their forward group. A lot of perimeter shots along the wall, along the blueline. They are great at hounding that loose puck and getting it back. But taking lots of perimeter shots means there are plays where if they had more patience they'd find some open ice in the middle at times and get more high danger looks. You don't want to overpass in the offensive zone like the Bruins sometimes do, but there is a happy middle ground somewhere. If I'm a FLA fan I' sitting there saying can they not throw it at the net nearly every time it goes to a D-man? I'd argue their best high danger look last night was their only goal (Tkachuk) and that came off a bad bounce and a puck just out of Beecher's reach.

Reactions: HustleB and Gordoff

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Don't know how this series will turn out, but one thing I am sure of is that the Bruins are much more physically equipped to deal with Florida's physicality. We have added some serious size with the likes of Brazeau, Beecher, JVR, Geekie and Lohrei.
Yes. This exactly. And some other players who don’t take guff and are good at dishing it out, like Wotherspoon, Maroon and Peeke (if he gets to play).

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY

Watching him try to put the puck through his legs going around the D and staying deep after pinching on his goal shows he doesn't lack confidence.
6'4" defensemen like that are special and the worst thing a coach can do is "overcoach" them and nitpick their play to the point where they lose their confidence, stop trying to do more, and become average. Glad to see he's given some slack to do what's made him successful.
I think Boston is prone to doing this. They value the 200 ft responsible game so much, they stifle some offense from the younger players. Pasta seems to have avoided this, or he is just so good his numbers are good even with his much improved 200 ft play. Most players offensive numbers are lower when they come to Boston.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Is there a vomit emoji? LOL
1715102910834.jpeg

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad