Post-Game Talk: ECSF: Game 1, Playing with house money, Big Game Bob shuts the door

Do you believe?

• Yes

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 12 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
My plane leaves in a couple hours, I'm a nervous flyer, if I don't make it, please mod change my pic to this

img_1457-jpeg.702095

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Paul Maurice: “Marc [Staal] is so incredibly consistent and experienced and knows the game and talks the game.”
The complaints about him and his play are reminiscent of how keith Yandle was talked about here, it was relentless and rather boring, enough to keep me away.

Last edited:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
as a panthers fan, the thought of making it to the conference finals is pretty unfathomable so I don’t care who wins the other series. I will say schmid finally looked human, that doesn’t bode well for New Jersey but then again it’s just one game and he could easily rebound. It’s crazy how good Carolina looks too considering no patches, svechnikov or teravainen. With svechnikov out, only aho is in the 30s for goals and necas at 28 goals, the rest are all in the teens, however they are deep and make up for it by having the number one scoring defense. Burns, ghost, skeji’s been fantastic for them, Slavin, pesce, crazy d corp

Reactions: I am not exposed

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
as a panthers fan, the thought of making it to the conference finals is pretty unfathomable so I don’t care who wins the other series. I will say schmid finally looked human, that doesn’t bode well for New Jersey but then again it’s just one game and he could easily rebound. It’s crazy how good Carolina looks too considering no patches, svechnikov or teravainen. With svechnikov out, only aho is in the 30s for goals and necas at 28 goals, the rest are all in the teens, however they are deep and make up for it by having the number one scoring defense. Burns, ghost, skeji’s been fantastic for them, Slavin, pesce, crazy d corp
Looks like NJ is going through what we went through last year. Superskilled fast team that still needs to grow and understand PO hockey. Them beating the Rangers is more on the incapability of NY.

CAR is just a great team and deep from all angles. But as you said, the injury bug hit them very hard. Can't stand those guys and I don't want to see them in the POs against us - if I had to choose between them or BOS at the end of the regular season as our first round opponent, I'd have picked BOS.

Will be interesting to see if NJ needs 2 games again to get into the groove of the series, or if CAR just sweeps them. Last night's performance was very impressive.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
So according to these arrogant Leaf fans they are definitely the better team. How do they manage to come to that conclusion ? Perhaps they might have better quality players but that’s not something I would clearly concede but to say they are the better team right now ain’t gettin it.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
So according to these arrogant Leaf fans they are definitely the better team. How do they manage to come to that conclusion ? Perhaps they might have better quality players but that’s not something I would clearly concede but to say they are the better team right now ain’t gettin it.
A team’s fanbase feels its team is better than the competition. What a revelation lol. We all know that there’s never any bias in fan opinions - they’re as objective as a randomized control trial.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
These are comments from podcasters that religiously follow hockey they know their hockey in Canada I honestly think they feel superior as a team and like I said maybe the better players are a debate but the team to beat right now is clearly the Panthers and are essentially the better team. Possibly Carolina could have a argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad