Series Discussion: ECSF: Capitals vs Penguins (Pens win) (mod warning post 806)

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
Are Worlds starting yet? Think Ovie can be playing by Sunday? The datsyuk situation made me rethink how some Russian players want their home country to see them playing in their prime, but the knowledge that Ovie is going to jet to worlds after yet another flame out just came to mind and irked me in my emotional state.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Can we get an offensive coach and not a crazy one like Oates.

Trotz is such a Mickey Mouse.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Are Worlds starting yet? Think Ovie can be playing by Sunday? The datsyuk situation made me rethink how some Russian players want their home country to see them playing in their prime, but the knowledge that Ovie is going to jet to worlds after yet another flame out just came to mind and irked me in my emotional state.

he already said he wasant going fwiw

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Total shocker who May singles out for the rest of the team to play like.

Here is a hint, if the team did emulate said player the entire team would be on their ass half the time and the other half taking penalties.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
It really seems like it's Justin Williams and...a bunch of crazy people.

Granted, i've started tuning out for big chunks of these games. But has Williams really been all that good?

At his age, and with us doing nothing in the playoffs even with the supposed playoff magic he brings, I definitely would not re-sign him.

At least kuz showed up this year.

Wilson, Oshie, Nisky, and Orlov all have heart. Beagle, too, when he's healthy.

The other guys, they look like they are just destined to shrink from big moments.

Shoulda fired Trotz at midpoint or 2/3rds thru season. He is a wonderful regular season coach. He does not get you over the humo in the playoffs, ESPECIALLY if you're a team which already has that exact same problem yourself.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The only person who will get his life "torn apart" is Trotz, who fully deserves the axe. Really don't undestand your devotion to him.

I have zero devotion to Trotz. Said it before he and every coach should be fired if they flame out. I just don't blame everything on a new coach every 4 years when the core is the same as the results.

It's not just Trotz this will impact.

steam whistle

Nov 27, 2013
Ontario
For God sake, please just talk about hockey,

Seems like there's no poor area in US. Zip it please.

From a Chinese hockey fan.:D

Not the end of the world. We don't live in Aleppo. Or in poorest areas of China or India, or Africa. Or Haiti.

Caps are losers. Always have been.

Whatever.

I'll still watch.

puck832

Jul 29, 2007
f it here's a book.

I have a history of depression/suicidal thoughts. When you work through that stuff you learn to evaluate what is a positive in your life and what is a negative. I learned to shed the negative and am much happier now. Don't want sympathy just want people to understand where I'm coming from.

It is not fun to be a capitals fan.

I honestly can't even explain to anyone or myself why I watch the games.

First, hockey in general is not very much fun to watch. More than any other sport it relies on bounces to decide contests. I can deal with this when the team is either extremely hard working or creative. Only hard working and creative don't win you anything. In fact it gets you told over and over that your playing wrong.

There is no joy in being a fan of this team. Our "rivals" are a team with multiple cups, multiple generational hall of fame players and an incessant love from commentators who almost to a one have a past involvement with the franchise.

We are the biggest "chokers", "losers", "failures". Win a playoff game in overtime but you can't enjoy it because "you never should have been in ot against the team". Lose a playoff game in overtime " they outworked you, they have a playoff gear, they are warriors."

Dominate regular season, doesn't matter. Have a great competitive playoff series, doesn't matter. The choker label doesn't wash easy. Which for a player must be hard but as a fan is brutal. You don't get paid. You get pride for a win, you get heartbreak for a loss. When fans, media, anxiety, no longer allow for the pride what is the point?

It's the high you feel when they give you just a little hope. It's the expectation that eventually it will be okay and living through this part will make that part sweeter.
It's a toxic relationship. I gave those up.

So I think I'm done. If I'm honest I probably stopped actually enjoying the mechanics of hockey a long time ago. I'm not giving up on the team. I hope they win out and raise the cup. But even if they do i don't think it will actually mean anything to me. Maybe taking a step back will rekindle my love of the sport not the team.

This was a hard fought game we lost on a bad bounce. Anyone who tells you otherwise doesn't have your best interest at heart. Good game, tough loss.

sorry for so much text no one cares about. Just needed to write it down.

I'll check for a reply cause I can't help myself, otherwise good luck to you all I hope the next few weeks are awesome for you because of or despite what happens with this team. But I'm done lurking on here everyday.

JMUcapsfan07

Jan 29, 2010
NoVA
I am a big fan of Trotz as a person and I think it's unfortunate that his time here looks like it will end in bitter fashion.

With that said, I wanted Lavi at the time and I would definitely kill to have seen this team with Lavi as the coach the past few years.

Although I'm probably just a moron, since it really hasn't mattered who has coached this team.

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
no idea, all it said was that he and kuzy announced they werent going

Well, I'll just go back to being pissed for rational reasons then.
Blowing that double minor to end the second/start the third supersedes any ****** reffing in my eyes

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I am a big fan of Trotz as a person and I think it's unfortunate that his time here looks like it will end in bitter fashion.

With that said, I wanted Lavi at the time and I would definitely kill to have seen this team with Lavi as the coach the past few years.

Although I'm probably just a moron, since it really hasn't mattered who has coached this team.

I agree with every part of this :handclap:

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
Not to chase all of the doom and gloom away, but we already have won three games in these playoffs and they were against a team who was playing better than the pens have been.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Not to chase all of the doom and gloom away, but we already have won three games in these playoffs and they were against a team who was playing better than the pens have been.

How dare you?

Positivity NOT allowed in these threads.

;)

We'll lose in 5 or 6. I don't see us pushing this to 7.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad