Series Discussion: ECSF: Capitals vs Penguins (Pens win) (mod warning post 806)

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
This is actually unreal. What the hell is up with Holtby? They'll probably come out and say he had some minor injury that needs some cleanup surgery and blame his poor play on that bs

I said it before, he got rocked in practice by MJ. A wink and smile, and we all forget about it. Not me.

Same **** happened last year in Philly. We learned after Pitt he was playing injured. We never learned the details, but Holts is off to the level that I think he is injured. If only mentally at this point, from Babcock's ricochet offense putting him on tilt.

Mancesco Franquilini

Vancouver Canucks GM
Jan 5, 2009
Los Angeles
I will say from an outsiders perspective right from game 1 against the Leafs Holtby has looked disinterested these playoffs

I remember one specific play in game 1 vs. Toronto where the puck bounced off the side of the net and out front and Holtby was caught out of position with his back facing the shooter and had 0 effort to scramble, he basically just waited for the shooter to either screw up or score

He looks disinterested. Not sure if that's how he always is? But that's my observation

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
I honestly don't think Holtby realizes how terrible he has been. All of his quotes are about how "we" need to do this or that. Has he outright admitted his poor play yet? I haven't seen it

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
The Caps will win game 5 and lose game 6 effectively ending the Cup window for this group.

It has been a lot of fun these past 6 or 7 years as legit Cup contenders (minus an Oates year or so) but quite disappointing in the end.

This year they finally seem to have depth but it disappears in the playoffs. Kuzy shows up this year unlike last year but Holtby fails the team. Just can't seem to get it right come playoff time.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Screw you Holtby....save the hippy talk. People are about to get fired, players, coaches and families are about to get their lives torn apart because you're worse than terrible. Every time you open your mouth to the press you come up small. You were good enough to fool everyone until the games mattered.

I honestly can't remember being more down on a core Caps player. Jagr doesn't count.

Last edited by a moderator:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
It really seems like it's Justin Williams and...a bunch of crazy people.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
I know everyone pissed off on Holtby, but what's up with scoring less than 2 goals? pissing away golden opportunities, today pitts definitely looked like they wanted more

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Niskanen and Ovechkin played like they read HF post and didn't want anyone to think they are dirty players. Ovechkin may have been the worst skater on the ice tonight and that is saying something when you have players like Beagle and Winnik who are no shows.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
I'd respect them all more if they just came out and admitted they're chokers

They've been trying to avoid that topic in interviews all postseason

Just admit you have a problem

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Not the end of the world. We don't live in Aleppo. Or in poorest areas of China or India, or Africa. Or Haiti.

Caps are losers. Always have been.

Whatever.

I'll still watch.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Not the end of the world. We don't live in Aleppo. Or in poorest areas of China or India, or Africa. Or Haiti.

Caps are losers. Always have been.

Whatever.

I'll still watch.

Feel the same way. At the end of the day it is just a game. But man oh man will it be sweet when they finally do lift a cup.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Screw you Holtby....save the hippy talk. People are about to get fired, players, coaches and families are about to get their lives torn apart because you're worse than terrible. Every time you open your mouth to the press you come up small. You were good enough to fool everyone until the games mattered.

I honestly can't remember being more down on a core Caps player. Jagr doesn't count.
The only person who will get his life "torn apart" is Trotz, who fully deserves the axe. Really don't undestand your devotion to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad