Post-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF GAME 5 - I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS - B's 4 CBJ 3 F - BRUINS LEAD SERIES 3-2

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
Motley Crue absolutely killed it in their heyday...saw them many times and each show was AWESOME!!!
There can be only one
upload_2019-5-5_12-36-2.jpeg

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Oh no...the old lady next to the bench.
I believe Pierre’s exact quote was “There’s a concerned fan right next to the bench. I tell you she’s a consistent presence next to the B’s bench — known to mix it up with the striped shirts when she thinks it’s warranted. A dedicated fan, hailing out of the Ontario junior leagues where she was tutored on the nuances of the game by the infamous Coach Johnny McHockey. I tell you the lady knows how to bring it up in big games”.

I don’t think he got the details right but it’s the thought that counts!:laugh::laugh:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I believe Pierre’s exact quote was “There’s a concerned fan right next to the bench. I tell you she’s a consistent presence next to the B’s bench — known to mix it up with the striped shirts when she thinks it’s warranted. A dedicated fan, hailing out of the Ontario junior leagues where she was tutored on the nuances of the game by the infamous Coach Johnny McHockey. I tell you the lady knows how to bring it up in big games”.

I don’t think he got the details right but it’s the thought that counts!:laugh::laugh:
Pierre stops to say "hi" often when he is at the Garden.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I think Kuraly deserves it just as much although he didn't make the pass, without him driving to the net which pulled kukan over to follow him and open up the passing lane, more than likely that goal wasn't happening, but what a great team goal all the way around.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Brandon Carlo Reveals Message On Bruins Bench After Blue Jackets’ Tying Goal

BOSTON — It worked out fine for them in the end, but the wheels really came off for the Boston Bruins on Saturday night.

The Bruins had established a 2-0 lead early in the third period of Game 5 of their Stanley Cup playoffs second-round matchup with the Columbus Blue Jackets. But after the two sides traded blows a few times, the Jackets had worked the game to a 3-3 tie with 6:02 to play. The tying goal, a missile from Dean Kukan, came just 1:51 after Columbus had pulled back within one.

But the Bruins showed plenty of resolve, with David Pastrnak scoring the game-winning goal with 1:28 left to give the B’s the 4-3 victory and 3-2 series lead.

The Bruins really led themselves astray at points in the third, but the fact that they not only regrouped and prevented Columbus from scoring, but also got a goal of their own is a testament to their resilience.

After the game, defenseman Brandon Carlo, who played a key role in the winning goal, shared the message the team had for itself on the bench after Kukan’s tying goal.

“Just take a breath and move on to the next shift,” Carlo said. “You can’t control everything out there on the ice, so just continue to play the game style that got us to that 3-2 lead and work from there.”

Simple as the message might have been, it clearly worked. And though the Bruins probably would rather not keep putting themselves in those tight situations, it must be some consolation for them to know they can get out of it.

Reactions: TCB and Chief Nine

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
IMO Heinen has been good in this series. Tough on puck and hustling. Continually in right place defensively.
He gets moved off the puck with ease. Rarely comes off the wall with the puck. The big line came back to life when he was dropped from it.

Reactions: Strafer

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Since you've met him in person ... what's your opinion about Pierre?
I don't get all the hate he receives.
Well the first time he stopped I called him bias and a Pens lover and he stomped away....

Next time he flashed the peace sign and came over to tell me that he thought the B's were looking good. He is always nice to me so that is how I judge him. He usually says nice things about some of the B's players.

I think it was last year he had cancer and I asked him if he was doing OK and he seemed really touched that I asked. He seems nice enough to me. I don't know him real well . He isn't at the Garden all that often. Anyway my opinion is he knows hockey , is friendly and yes he likes the Pens but I can understand that as I love the B's.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Rewatched the game. Favourite part is when Anderson cross-checks McAvoy into Rask, then Chara puts (I'm hoping) all his weight into a cross-check to Anderson's back, then Anderson narrowly avoids eating a blocker punch from Tuukka. I like Anderson for the most part, but I like seeing him get cross-checked exponentially more, and I love it when Rask throws that blocker punch when guys like Anderson are just begging for one.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Pierre is someone I wouldn't mind talking hockey with over a beer or two to be honest. Knows his stuff and most importantly raves over the Bruins' prospect pool. He can be too much but overall I like Pierre.
I don't get the dislike of the guy. Anyway I like him and it is always nice when he stops by to say hello and talk B's.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Hheheheheee, that is exactly what he "sounds" like (if you were making a sound). I can hear him now..:laugh::laugh::ha:

Last edited:
Reactions: Number8

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
I think Kuraly deserves it just as much although he didn't make the pass, without him driving to the net which pulled kukan over to follow him and open up the passing lane, more than likely that goal wasn't happening, but what a great team goal all the way around.

I didn’t see it the first time around, but you are 110% correct. Man, do I love Kuraly. Just a pure effort move.

Reactions: TCB

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Well the first time he stopped I called him bias and a Pens lover and he stomped away....

Next time he flashed the peace sign and came over to tell me that he thought the B's were looking good. He is always nice to me so that is how I judge him. He usually says nice things about some of the B's players.

I think it was last year he had cancer and I asked him if he was doing OK and he seemed really touched that I asked. He seems nice enough to me. I don't know him real well . He isn't at the Garden all that often. Anyway my opinion is he knows hockey , is friendly and yes he likes the Pens but I can understand that as I love the B's.

As annoying as he can be, it’s tough for me to imagine Pierre McGuire not being a nice guy

Reactions: Ladyfan and Number8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad