Post-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF GAME 5 - I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS - B's 4 CBJ 3 F - BRUINS LEAD SERIES 3-2

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I thought it was an odd choice given that’s a big thing at Ohio State.

That’s interesting - I never knew that it was a big Ohio thing. I always thought of Seven Nation Army as a generic “jock jam” that’s not associated with a steam. I did love that we stole “You Make My Dreams Come True” during the first game of the series - maybe we steal The Whip next?

I have mixed feelings about Bon Jovi. Let’s face it - it’s a great sing-a-long song. My 73 year-old mom knows the words. I’d bet my 6 year old nephew does, too. Any time you can get the arena crowd behind something, it’s good.

On the other hand, Bon Jovi is New Jersey. Play “Magic” by The Cars - especially when it’s summer. They’re a Boston band. And the Bon Jovi lyrics, especially the “halfway there” part - if you’re going to play it, play it at the second TV timeout in the second period. Or maybe, just maybe, in the dying minutes of a series-winning game in the second round.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
There are some things in life that are high in cringe factor to me. The fans singing Bon Jovi at Bruins games is right up there with the Burger King guy with the expressionless mask when it comes to cringe. Don't know why it bugs me so much, but it just does. Maybe it's that the lyrics have nothing to do with the situation in which it's sung, or maybe it's because I associate singing that song like it's something special and inspirational with something middle school girls would do. I'm probably just being unnecessarily bothered about it, though, as the fans seem to really get into it.
embarrassing

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
That’s interesting - I never knew that it was a big Ohio thing. I always thought of Seven Nation Army as a generic “jock jam” that’s not associated with a steam. I did love that we stole “You Make My Dreams Come True” during the first game of the series - maybe we steal The Whip next?

I have mixed feelings about Bon Jovi. Let’s face it - it’s a great sing-a-long song. My 73 year-old mom knows the words. I’d bet my 6 year old nephew does, too. Any time you can get the arena crowd behind something, it’s good.

On the other hand, Bon Jovi is New Jersey. Play “Magic” by The Cars - especially when it’s summer. They’re a Boston band. And the Bon Jovi lyrics, especially the “halfway there” part - if you’re going to play it, play it at the second TV timeout in the second period. Or maybe, just maybe, in the dying minutes of a series-winning game in the second round.

It’s a big thing in college football in general but when I think of that song I think of Ohio State.

I was in the bathroom during the Bon Jovi debacle and it was loud and clear - louder than when I’ve heard a goal from the bathroom (regular season obviously, i time my bathroom breaks more judiciously in the playoffs)

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I mentioned some where that the B's defensive awareness may be the differene maker in a series.
The Nordstom and krecji back checks were two examples of this. If you look at the winning goal,
I think it was Panarin that quit skating about 10 feet into his defensive zone, and allowed
Pasta to be wide open. That just doesn't happen with the B's. Commitment to D.
D wins championships.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
did anyone else mention we started to suck last nite as soon as the fans started singing that stupid bon jovi song??
what a lame thing to do at a hockey game. i was embarrassed and i wasnt even there.

That moment was vicarious embarrasement at its finest, but the players are used to listen to shitty music during every stoppage.

I bet the momentum swing had something to do with the Jackets scoring on yet another fluke goal. Up until that point all the Jackets' goals wre flukes, PP rebounds and illegal goals.
They had no business being in that game.

Reactions: DarrenBanks56

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
That moment was vicarious embarrasement at its finest, but the players are used to listen to ****ty music during every stoppage.

I bet the momentum swing had something to do with the Jackets scoring on yet another fluke goal. Up until that point all the Jackets' goals wre flukes, PP rebounds and illegal goals.
They had no business being in that game.
oh it def did. jackets were gonna get shutout if not for that fluke goal.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Need to win tomorrow. Carolina already has 3 days extra rest/prep time, and it will go up to 5 if there's a Game 7.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
Livin on a Prayer is a fun song to sing at the game when you are hammered and the team is doing well, it had nothing to do with the Blue Jackets goal :laugh:

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Proof again by nhl standards replay does not work
Never one camera angle showing the puck completely over the line
Anther black mark on the nhl
Also they overturned the ref on the ice call as no goal

theplayer

Apr 20, 2014
Proof again by nhl standards replay does not work
Never one camera angle showing the puck completely over the line
Anther black mark on the nhl
Also they overturned the ref on the ice call as no goal
last view clearly showed the puck over the line

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
did anyone else mention we started to suck last nite as soon as the fans started singing that stupid bon jovi song??
what a lame thing to do at a hockey game. i was embarrassed and i wasnt even there.

embarrassing

I hate Sweet Caroline at Fenway and starting to hate Living On A Prayer at the Garden. Yuck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad