Post-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF GAME 4 - B's REGAIN HOME ICE - BRUINS 4 CBJ 1 F - Series tied 2-2

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
I don't think it is coincidence that our final powerplay with 2 defenceman actually looked functional. Sure CBJ was pretty much done but I'd still take Grz and McAvoy on the point before Krug/Pasta and their breakaway adventures...

PP1- Marchy, Bergy, Krejci, Grz, McAvoy

This isn't a bash on pasta, he's clearly got something wrong with his wrist but we're lucky the turnovers didn't bite us
Pasta should be sitting on the face off circle and sniping. That PP unit can't score on anyone.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I originally watched the NBC telecast and then I Re-watched it last night on CBC and I didn't come away with that impression at all.

I felt as a telecast they were much better than NBC, they actually pick-up smaller details that are actually pretty informative compared to the NBC telecast. For instance when Rask stick broke and Carlo gave him his, CBC picked up on this and all NBC did was comment after the play that Tuukka has too go to the bench to get another stick, but as far as the being pro -jackets, I didn't come away thinking that at all, I actually thought if anything they were a bit more favorable towards the Bruins.

This is true. More knowledgeable. I always learn more watching their broadcast over NBC.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
It's actually impressive how Bergeron and Chara have had so little impact on the defensive hockey of a few of our guys. We make mistakes that just couldn't happen in 2011.

If we win this time, it's thanks to Rask, the power play, and our ability to shut down a lot of first lines. But beyond that, man we play a little free and loose for my liking. I don't recall the last excellent Bruins team that committed so many careless turnovers.

Montreal, Ottawa, and Washington all beat the Bruins with this style of 'collapse and counter' hockey. They've also beaten it with Ottawa, Montreal and Philly.

Collapse and Counter - is built for turnovers and odd-man rushes.
Get the attacking team to over-commit while all you do is guard the net and turn it back up ice.
It's what Columbus is doing and as a player you have to aware.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
And had it been the Bruins to do that to a Jackets player we'd be hearing about it nationwide, there'd be calls for suspensions, etc. Massive double standard when it comes to team's of the modern day best city in sports.
All fans would do it I’m sure

I want to not only see Bruins win this series but be healthy enough to get 8 more wins

Columbus Cross (checking) the line

Give those guys credit they are following directions

Who here doesn’t believe Tortarella specifically identified Krejci as a key if not #1 to go after and finish off

Riley f***ing Nash of all people

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA

I want to not only see Bruins win this series but be healthy enough to get 8 more wins

Who here doesn’t believe Tortarella specifically identified Krejci as a key if not #1 to go after and finish off

Riley ****ing Nash of all people

Torts definitely did. Same with Pasta.

Reactions: Ladyfan

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I don't think it is coincidence that our final powerplay with 2 defenceman actually looked functional. Sure CBJ was pretty much done but I'd still take Grz and McAvoy on the point before Krug/Pasta and their breakaway adventures...

PP1- Marchy, Bergy, Krejci, Grz, McAvoy

This isn't a bash on pasta, he's clearly got something wrong with his wrist but we're lucky the turnovers didn't bite us
Who screens the goalie? That's our problem.

Reactions: BMC and nORRis8

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Work taking you there? @Kovi and I moved from Ma to AZ last summer and we've only just recovered. moving is taxing (and expensive!) I was born here, but grew up in CA. My previous life took me to MA, where I lived for almost two decades.

Actually, to be closer to my family. Several of them are in CO. All who lived in the Northeast are now gone. MA is an exceptionally expensive area in which to live (not that CO isn't). For now, that's where I'm headed.

AZ is a strange place for a hockey fan. Then again, I believe Austin Mathews is from there.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019

Riley ****ing Nash of all people
Guarantee you that Torts told Dubois to play like an idiot. Dubois wasn’t a prick in prior games, but this one he was something else. His plan is to intimidate the Bs with physical stuff, especially after whistles. Like the Bs did in ‘11.

Reactions: Strafer and BMC

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
I love that Bruce made an adjustment on the fly. CJ wasn't big on "in game" adjustments.

Krejci inspires a lot more confidence both handling the puck in danger situations as well as hustling back to break up a play.

Its been really really bad lately, but lets not kid ourselves, Pasta (for as much as I love him) is a turnover MACHINE and has been all year.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
I love that Bruce made an adjustment on the fly. CJ wasn't big on "in game" adjustments.
I agree. His coaching has been excellent this far, I like how he operates as the B's coach. There are people like DKH who mentioned him being the future B's coach way back when, and I didn't see it. Mea culpa on that, he's been a great fit and one of the reasons we are still watching B's hockey right now.

Reactions: RustyBruins72

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
Did any of you gals or guys watch the game on CBC?

Was surprised with how pro-Jackets it was. I don't care per-se ... just surprised as The Bruins are probably the most popular non-Canadian team in Canada.
Maybe 'pro-Jackets' is the wrong choice ... but they talked about them as if they were Montreal or Toronto last night. Sounded awkward and kind of caught me off-guard.
There are a lot of Bruins fans in Canada ... but a lot of Bruins haters on the networks.

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
And had it been the Bruins to do that to a Jackets player we'd be hearing about it nationwide, there'd be calls for suspensions, etc. Massive double standard when it comes to team's of the modern day best city in sports.

Honestly I feel like if the B’s had played like Columbus (in terms of physical play), the media would be all over it, and the league would be having a talk with Bruins like they did after Bruins made Canucks their ****ches in 2011.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It was good they put some goals by goalie Bob. It will give them confidence they can beat him and he’s not invincible. That call last night on the netting was bad. But the number one difference last night was Tuukka STOLE the game. The bruins needed that because the team looked on fumes towards the end. Happy they won. Moving onto Game 5.
He REALLY did. I missed most of the game but heard it on radio as I was working and then saw some replays. The knock on him was that he hadn't stolen or taken control of a game in the playoffs. Last night he took the bull by the ***** and TOOK that game from Columbus. Tuukka deserves a LOT better defense than they're playing. He deserves way more protection especially in front .
Goaltending like this can bring a good team all the way. I don't feel as though he's going to lose his confidence OR concentration I think he's in the zone, the puck looks like a beachball right now for him!

Reactions: Lady Rhian and BMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
He REALLY did. I missed most of the game but heard it on radio as I was working and then saw some replays. The knock on him was that he hadn't stolen or taken control of a game in the playoffs. Last night he took the bull by the ***** and TOOK that game from Columbus. Tuukka deserves a LOT better defense than they're playing. He deserves way more protection especially in front .
Goaltending like this can bring a good team all the way. I don't feel as though he's going to lose his confidence OR concentration I think he's in the zone, the puck looks like a beachball right now for him!

Rask was amazing last night. A brick wall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad