Post-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF GAME 4 - B's REGAIN HOME ICE - BRUINS 4 CBJ 1 F - Series tied 2-2

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
I just really, really want the Bruins to get through this series. If they do, I think guys like Marchand, Bergeron & Pastrnak will have more space against Carolina (assuming they make the ECF)

Carolina, outside of Ferland aren’t overly physical.

I just think you’ll see Pastrnak & company feel a bit more confident.
Carolina is better than Columbus just FYI. Analytic darlings, and none of us are shocked they are in the ECF. I picked them to make it.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Didn't that exact situation happen vs Columbus a couple years ago? The puck hit the netting but no one noticed and than Columbus scored and Jack had a meltdown?

What a weird situation. I'm not sure how to rectify it? Do you make it review able? If so - what is the rule? Whenever the opposing team thinks it hit the netting? Seems like something that might get abused. And if it is missed and enough time goes by before the goal...is it fair to waive off? That's how I feel about offsides. I HATE when a player is offsides than the team scores almost 30 seconds later on a completely new play and it gets waived off.

Fortunately we won but at some point this is gonna happen in OT or a game 7 like Tuukka said and that's gonna be a mess.
Colin Campbell on NHL Radio this morning referred to this. He said they had JE at ref training camp the following year and played the meltdown for them.
:laugh:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Win or lose and hopefully its win,there's many positives that comes out of play off Hockey and the number one for the Bruins has been the the play of Charlie McAvoy, as he has official arrived as a dominant force.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
He makes some good points from time to time, but other times he makes me think he's turning into that old guy screaming for you to get off his lawn.
His making a comment after Pasta was hit hard early in the first that it might wake him up only to have him score a few seconds later in the same shift was pretty epic.

Reactions: TCB

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
His making a comment after Pasta was hit hard early in the first that it might wake him up only to have him score a few seconds later in the same shift was pretty epic.
He also took the hit to create a 2 on 1 for Berg/March

Habs killer

Jan 31, 2007
somerville
Can they just put Carlo on the PP to make sure there is one person on the ice concerned about defense during those two minutes? Really missing Miller in this series.

Hoping Bergeron and Marchand will start to heat up and carry the team again. Thought Bobrovsky was starting to look a little more human toward the end of the game. Would be huge if he stopped making every ridiculous save.
completely agree about defensive awareness on the PP, Anderson and Jenner truck over our smaller players with ease on the PP. Let alone they seem to turn our D almost every time coming down short handed. time to adapt.

Reactions: Strafer

barstool

Nov 22, 2014
Don’t worry, the broadcast never mentioned it. But yes he did have a cut on his nose and blood running down. I have no idea what happened

Marchand has to be the be the least respected all star in the NHL even the penalty shot awarded look like a dive and then no call on Bergeron's breakaway and Savard's crosscheck on Johanssen had me fuming beer was going down great though

Last edited:

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
It was a symbolic play

Nordstrom to Backes and Bobrovsky makes a spectacular save

For no reason two Columbus players cross check the two Bruins

Wtf

And had it been the Bruins to do that to a Jackets player we'd be hearing about it nationwide, there'd be calls for suspensions, etc. Massive double standard when it comes to team's of the modern day best city in sports.

Reactions: Strafer

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
I don't think it is coincidence that our final powerplay with 2 defenceman actually looked functional. Sure CBJ was pretty much done but I'd still take Grz and McAvoy on the point before Krug/Pasta and their breakaway adventures...

PP1- Marchy, Bergy, Krejci, Grz, McAvoy

This isn't a bash on pasta, he's clearly got something wrong with his wrist but we're lucky the turnovers didn't bite us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad