Post-Game Talk: ECSF/ADF GAME 4 - B's REGAIN HOME ICE - BRUINS 4 CBJ 1 F - Series tied 2-2

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It is white. Where do they think the puck went, it certainly doesn't drop down like that off the glass.

I thought Toronto was reviewing every goal in the playoffs?
Only the ones that the Boston Bruins score because, you know, the Broons are big meanies and cheat!:sarcasm:

Reactions: Lady Rhian

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Guarantee you that Torts told Dubois to play like an idiot. Dubois wasn’t a prick in prior games, but this one he was something else. His plan is to intimidate the Bs with physical stuff, especially after whistles. Like the Bs did in ‘11.
If I had that team I’d keep it simple to my players - take away space by being in their space - specifically finish every check- no fly by shit on the first line, Krejci, and McAvoy. Don’t worry about Chara and if he wants to handle the puck that’s fine.

It’s an obvious plan and Columbus has the best personal to do it and a system in place.

It’s working well but Boston is handling it better and should they win tomorrow the Blue Jackets may have to move off the heavy style a bit.

Many Boston players have played substandard but here they are in a good spot with an great understanding of their opponent

Winners of game 5 win series 78.4% of the time 207/57 so the Bruins need this

They laid an egg against Leafs game 5 but I’m thinking the physical element Columbus brings will have them paying attention from the first second

This series you snooze you could get lit up

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
I think the amount of penalties against Columbus is a testament to how dirty they are actually playing. If 100% of dirty plays were called CBJ would've been shorthanded at least half of the game.
Agreed. They are incredibly undisciplined and when they chase us they infract like crazy. Should have been a 5 on 3 for double interference at one point.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
If I had that team I’d keep it simple to my players - take away space by being in their space - specifically finish every check- no fly by **** on the first line, Krejci, and McAvoy. Don’t worry about Chara and if he wants to handle the puck that’s fine.

They laid an egg against Leafs game 5
but I’m thinking the physical element Columbus brings will have them paying attention from the first second

Hopefully the Bruins learned something from the Leafs series and don't go in with the approach tomorrow night, even if we lose, "Hey we did against Toronto we can do it again" type attitude.

After wining last night they may have the jackets confidence down just a bit, as they were soaring sky high. So now is not the time to take the foot off the pedal, you want to push it right through the floor board.

Last night I thought was the first time in the series where they just went out played hockey and let everything else take care of itself and if they do that again tomorrow night and the rest of this series they should be in great shape.

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont
I've been saying since before the playoffs started, if this team plays to their capabilities they are nearly unbeatable. CBJ are tough but are playing beyond expectations and last night showed they do have some real weaknesses that need to be exploited.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Hopefully the Bruins learned something from the Leafs series and don't go in with the approach tomorrow night, even if we lose, "Hey we did against Toronto we can do it again" type attitude.

After wining last night they may have the jackets confidence down just a bit, as they were soaring sky high. So now is not the time to take the foot off the pedal, you want to push it right through the floor board.

Last night I thought was the first time in the series where they just went out played hockey and let everything else take care of itself and if they do that again tomorrow night and the rest of this series they should be in great shape.
I don’t think they have learned anything from Toronto. They probably learned more about themselves.

They’ve been in 3 situations their survival was at or teetering- games 6 & 7 Toronto, and last night.

They won all 3.

They have adapted better to a physical game plan from Columbus.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring but they have a track record of finding a way to win.

Tomorrow may not be as dire as the three games I just mentioned but the approach Columbus has chosen should remove any sleepy stretches

Survival seems to apply more in this series for Boston then many others

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don’t think they have learned anything from Toronto. They probably learned more about themselves.

They’ve been in 3 situations their survival was at or teetering- games 6 & 7 Toronto, and last night.

They won all 3.

They have adapted better to a physical game plan from Columbus.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring but they have a track record of finding a way to win.

Tomorrow may not be as dire as the three games I just mentioned but the approach Columbus has chosen should remove any sleepy stretches

Survival seems to apply more in this series for Boston then many others

They always learn whether you lose or win, they just may not know at the time, but there's always are learning moments, just like you right now;)

Tomorrow should be more dire, their getting closer to advancing, they just need two more wins to advance to the semi's. They need to up their dire level every single shift from here on out! The Cup hasn't been this close since 2011 and Columbus maybe the only team who can stop them.

Reactions: Spooner st and DKH

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Honestly I feel like if the B’s had played like Columbus (in terms of physical play), the media would be all over it, and the league would be having a talk with Bruins like they did after Bruins made Canucks their ****ches in 2011.

I think that’s pretty likely. I refrain...or I try to..from saying too say much about the refs and their impact on the game. But there is in my eyes a double standard when it comes to physical play on behalf of the Bs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady Rhian

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Thoroughly enjoyed watching the Bruins give an offensive assault to the Blue Jackets. The game was tight at points, but overall a great game by Rask and the Bruins. Can't wait for Game 5 and hope the boys in black and gold and put up back to back wins.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
If I had that team I’d keep it simple to my players - take away space by being in their space - specifically finish every check- no fly by **** on the first line, Krejci, and McAvoy. Don’t worry about Chara and if he wants to handle the puck that’s fine.

It’s an obvious plan and Columbus has the best personal to do it and a system in place.

It’s working well but Boston is handling it better and should they win tomorrow the Blue Jackets may have to move off the heavy style a bit.

Many Boston players have played substandard but here they are in a good spot with an great understanding of their opponent

They laid an egg against Leafs game 5 but I’m thinking the physical element Columbus brings will have them paying attention from the first second

If I wanted to beat The Bruins - that's close.

Disrupt the cycle by either taking away the player with a bit of a chop or closing up the boards. (what Boston did masterfully against The Sedins years ago)
Force the player with the puck to the middle of the ice at the blue line. (Bruin's playbook)
Active sticks to disrupt cross ice passes (Bergeron)
Make them pay every time they move the puck and make them think they have less time and wear them out (Bruins since forever)
Force mistakes and capitalize.
Allow your d-men to control the play as it takes The Bruins best players out of the game.

The Jackets are pretty much playing The Bruins game (or at least the one we've known for decades) and are doing a damn good imitation of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad