GDT: ECSF #3 | The "Let's Hope We Make The Most Of Home Ice" Edition - May 1, 2018 @ 7:30PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Start is going to be huge. Pens need to decide that THEY are going to be desperate, THEY are going to set the tone, THEY are going to be the most aggressive, not be reactionary.

Score first! And a couple, at that.

Reactions: PartyatMarios

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
They actually played a pretty good game Sunday. The first period was complete shit, but they were the better team after that. Too late of course, but they have it in them.

And let's please not forget that the Sunday game was a shit show from the officials who literally gave a goal away while discounting another despite video evidence.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Pens need to score first. Let them have to face the pressure of having to try and tie it up, rather than the Pens constantly playing catch up.

BreakfastatMarios

Feb 5, 2013
Pittsburgh
IMWET - In Murray We Enjoy Tonight - Whats this guys record after a loss in playoffs something like 10 and 1 or 11 and 1 not sure but its freaking unreal.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
They actually played a pretty good game Sunday. The first period was complete ****, but they were the better team after that. Too late of course, but they have it in them.

And let's please not forget that the Sunday game was a **** show from the officials who literally gave a goal away while discounting another despite video evidence.
I still am unsure if the goal crossed the line from the angles I saw. You see white but I want to see an angle directly above the puck before I say we got screwed or not. Besides, we played a piss poor 1st period and could not score on our PP's so we kinda lost the game on our own, not going to blame the refs for our lack of starts and PP attempts.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Wilson hopes that Dumo will be able to play tonight. Wow. What a sweetheart. How does this guy not win the Lady Byng?

giphy.gif

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Make no mistake... it's still the Capitals versus the Penguins. You could tell even last game that every goal (or frikkin' disallowed goal) against this team shakes them. I admit to not having great feelings about this game or series but until the Capitals prove to themselves otherwise... the Penguins are still the Patriots to their Steelers.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Oh and if garbage reffing standards hold (and I mean... they always do, especially this time of year), the one upshot to last game's shitshow is that the Penguins SHOULD be getting some extra time on the powerplay in this one. Even if they don't deserve a couple of them.

So for chrissakes... take advantage of that.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Oh and if garbage reffing standards hold (and I mean... they always do, especially this time of year), the one upshot to last game's ****show is that the Penguins SHOULD be getting some extra time on the powerplay in this one. Even if they don't deserve a couple of them.

Yeah, touching on non-Wilson related topics, the Pens PP is one major area of theirs they have to improve on. Right now, the Caps can afford to be dirty SOBs because the Pens don't make them pay on the scoreboard. If the Pens' PP was actually clicking, then maybe Washington would cut back on stuff that might see them in the box.

Hopefully if Geno is good to go tonight, we finally have a weapon from long range since Kessel can't shoot and Schultz won't shoot.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, touching on non-Wilson related topics, the Pens PP is one major area of theirs they have to improve on. Right now, the Caps can afford to be dirty SOBs because the Pens don't make them pay on the scoreboard. If the Pens' PP was actually clicking, then maybe Washington would cut back on stuff that might see them in the box.

Hopefully if Geno is good to go tonight, we finally have a weapon from long range since Kessel can't shoot and Schultz won't shoot.

That, and get a lead, which will force the Caps to actually play hockey....goonery will cease quickly....

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
That, and get a lead, which will force the Caps to actually play hockey....goonery will cease quickly....

Malkin will help with the power play. And hopefully Sully's calling them out for over passing and ignoring open shots sticks in their heads.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724

You are underselling their stupidity. They might continue to throw gatbage hits while behind. There is a good chance there won't be a penalty anyway.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
You are underselling their stupidity. They might continue to throw gatbage hits while behind. There is a good chance there won't be a penalty anyway.

That's the one (minor) negative about the Pens getting out to a big lead. You just know those idiots over there will spend the rest of the game trying to injure the Pens.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Well if it’s a close game, they won’t. If we’re leading 5-0 or something, goonery likely will reappear...

Reactions: Finesse

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
Oh and if garbage reffing standards hold (and I mean... they always do, especially this time of year), the one upshot to last game's ****show is that the Penguins SHOULD be getting some extra time on the powerplay in this one. Even if they don't deserve a couple of them.

I'm not sure our power play is an advantage right now.

Reactions: Andy99

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm not sure our power play is an advantage right now.

It isn't. Which Kidney touched on above as being a big reason the Caps feel like they can run around... more than usual. That needs to be a major theme of this game -- getting that powerplay going.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Time to go play some Farcry 5.

I hated how you were forced to play the "main" story missions once you reach a certain level doing the other stuff. Especially dumb when you had half the map still full of side stuff, but had to confront the "region boss" already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese