GDT: ECSF #2 - 5/19/13 | New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins | 3:00 PM - NBC, TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Just for this little tidbit, I hope he has a Great game today;
According to a tweet from Arthur Staple, Rangers defenseman John Moore lost six teeth after taking a puck to the face in game one against the Bruins.

Staple says that Moore lost two upper teeth and four lower teeth.

Moore says that he feels fine.

NYRANGERAMI*

I Love You NY Rangers. Get it done boys. I know you wont disappoint.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Only way we win is if Hank only allows 1. And then we'd need the Bruins to score to own goals.

Putting the overly bitter character away: I think we have a shot. However, the teams are very evenly matched and it can go both ways. I'm saying Nash will go 1+1

MAYO

Dec 29, 2008
MONTREAL
Am I the only one who was happy that we lost in ot having played mediocre hockey?!?! We win today I'm convinced we go back to Boston up 3 to 1 in the series, book it!

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Maybe the Rangers could draw straws to see who will spend 10 second or so in this game in the Bruin crease and at least make Rask work for one save like they make Hank do ! It's pathetic...watching our so called offense .:nod:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Anyone else worried about Stepan? His linemates aren't really helping him (especially Callahan), but he went from a PPG guy that's a factor in every game and nearly every shift to a defensive center that scores goals once in a while doesn't make anyone better and isn't that noticeable. I'm more worried about him than Nash because he plays a more important position and I hope he grows out of his playoff woes, because he's only 22. We can't have our #1 center for possibly over 10 years play like that offensively in the playoffs. We already have our captain disappearing every playoff. I really worry that we have too many guys that drop their level of play in the playoffs. If we have guys like Stepan, Callahan, and Nash pull disappearing acts each playoff, it really won't matter who Sather brings in. Our best players need to be our best players. I really want to somehow blame Torts for making his team be passive in the playoffs, but I'm not sure if that's rational.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Anyone else worried about Stepan? His linemates aren't really helping him (especially Callahan), but he went from a PPG guy that's a factor in every game and nearly every shift to a defensive center that scores goals once in a while doesn't make anyone better and isn't that noticeable. I'm more worried about him than Nash because he plays a more important position and I hope he grows out of his playoff woes, because he's only 22. We can't have our #1 center for possibly over 10 years play like that offensively in the playoffs. We already have our captain disappearing every playoff. I really worry that we have too many guys that drop their level of play in the playoffs. If we have guys like Stepan, Callahan, and Nash pull disappearing acts each playoff, it really won't matter who Sather brings in. Our best players need to be our best players. I really want to somehow blame Torts for making his team be passive in the playoffs, but I'm not sure if that's rational.

Probably because he should be a # 2 guy instead of trying to be a # 1 which is something he is not and he gets overmatched by who he plays against...just thinking out loud .

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Probably because he should be a # 2 guy instead of trying to be a # 1 which is something he is not and he gets overmatched by who he plays against...just thinking out loud .

He was our #1C all year. I'd say it is a combination of poor shooting luck from his linemates, not playing with a scoring Nash, and Callahan's boneheaded decisions in the offensive zone. He is still our leading goal scorer in the POs.

I'd like to try something like this:

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Zuccarello-Brassard-Dorsett
Pyatt-Boyle-Callahan
Kreider-Richards-Asham

Maybe putting Callahan with two simpletons will make him remember what type of game made him successful and stop this blind passing to noone madness he has going on.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
If I ever finally lose my mind, you guys will know about it because of the news reports about a man who says he'll start killing hostages until the Rangers hire a power play coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad