[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2013 EASTERN CONFERENCE SEMI FINALS
GAME #2 - 5/19/2013

@
(0) ____________ (1)

TIME | 3:00 PM ET ARENA | TD GARDEN - BOSTON, MA TV | NBC, TSN, RDS

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - MyP2P - STREAMO - KS.com: 720p (VLC Player required) | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

One thing we didn’t get was the pucks deep. We turned a lot of pucks over. We got a little impatient.
Then we backed off and tried to defend instead of holding on to it for the extra second.
- Anton Stralman

A loss is a loss at this point. We felt like we were right there. I had a chance to win the game with one shot but, at the same time, we’ve dealt with this before.
It happened to us twice in the Washington series. We’ve got two days to regroup and we go right back at it.
- Ryan Callahan

I thought it was pretty even going into the overtime. But we got spanked in OT.
- John Tortorella

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="BOSTON BRUINS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 8 | GF | 25
W | 5 | GA | 20
L | 3 | GF/G | 3.12
HOME | 3-2 | GA/G | 2.50
AWAY | 2-1 | PIM/G | 8.8
STREAK | W2 | PP% | 16.7
FO% | 59.4 | PK% | 79.2

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | David Krejci | 5 Assists | David Krejci | 9 Points | David Krejci | 14 + / - | Nathan Horton | +12 Shots | Zdeno Chara | 34 Hits | Milan Lucic | 40 Blocks | Johnny Boychuk | 32 PIM | Zdeno Chara | 12 FO% | Chris Kelly | 69.4 TOI/G F: | Patrice Bergeron | 21:02 TOI/G D: | Zdeno Chara | 30:02

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Milan Lucic | David Krejci | Nathan Horton
Brad Marchand | Patrice Bergeron (A) | Jaromir Jagr
Rich Peverley | Chris Kelly | Tyler Seguin
Daniel Paille | Gregory Campbell | Shawn Thornton

LD | RD
Zdeno Chara (C) | Dougie Hamilton
Adam McQuaid | Johnny Boychuk
Matt Bartkowski | Torey Krug

Scratched
Kaspars Daugavins|
Aaron Johnson|
Jay Pandolfo|
Carl Soderberg|

STARTING GOALIE:

RaskTuukka.png

Tuukka Rask

GPI: 8 | W: 5 | L: 3
SV% .926 | GAA: 2.36 | SO: 0 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Dennis Seidenberg | Left leg (DTD-GTD?)
Andrew Ference | Lower body (DTD-GTD?)
Wade Redden | Undisclosed (DTD-GTD?)
Marc Savard | PCS (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 8 | GF | 18
W | 4 | GA | 15
L | 4 | GF/G | 2.25
HOME | 3-0 | GA/G | 1.88
AWAY | 1-4 | PIM/G | 6.2
STREAK | L1 | PP% | 6.4
FO% | 48.6 | PK% | 80.0

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Derek Stepan | 3 Assists | Derick Brassard | 8 Points | Derick Brassard | 10 + / - | Carl Hagelin | +5 Shots | Rick Nash | 28 Hits | Ryan Callahan | 38 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 29 PIM | Derek Dorsett | 8 FO% | Brian Boyle | 52.2 TOI/G F: | Ryan Callahan | 23:01 TOI/G D: | Dan Girardi | 26:50

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Carl Hagelin | Derek Stepan | Ryan Callahan (C)
Rick Nash | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello
Taylor Pyatt | Brian Boyle | Derek Dorsett
Chris Kreider | Brad Richards (A) | Arron Asham

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh | Anton Stralman
Michael Del Zotto | Dan Girardi (A)
John Moore | Steve Eminger

Scratched
Matt Gilroy|
Roman Hamrlik|
Kris Newbury|
Micheal Haley|
Stu Bickel|
Ryan Bourque|
Brandon Mashinter|
Dylan McIlrath|
Jason Missiaen|
J.T. Miller|
Brandon Segal|
Christian Thomas|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 8 | W: 4 | L: 4
SV% .945 | GAA: 1.76 | SO: 2 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Ryane Clowe | Upper body (DTD)
Darroll Powe | Upper body (DTD)
Marc Staal | Vision issues (DTD)
Mike Sauer | Concussion (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

banner22nx.png

Heads Up: The GDT is work in progress.

Last edited:

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
No to sound like a troll here but I just saw Torts commenting on how Hagelin 'stinks' on the power play: http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=17696&navid=nhl:topheads

I just was curious what you guys think of him saying that about Hagelin? Do you guys think he may have went a bit too far even though it was funny? I guess I could look at Hagelin's power play stats and see that he only has 1 point on the power play but what do you guys think? Is he really that bad on the power play? Anyways good luck as I wouldn't mind seeing you guys beat the Bruins since I'm a Leafs fan second to my Sharks.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
No to sound like a troll here but I just saw Torts commenting on how Hagelin 'stinks' on the power play: http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=17696&navid=nhl:topheads

I just was curious what you guys think of him saying that about Hagelin? Do you guys think he may have went a bit too far even though it was funny? I guess I could look at Hagelin's power play stats and see that he only has 1 point on the power play but what do you guys think? Is he really that bad on the power play? Anyways good luck as I wouldn't mind seeing you guys beat the Bruins since I'm a Leafs fan second to my Sharks.
Maybe I'm a bad fan but I can't even remember the last time I saw Hags playing the PP

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012

I think a lot of the time Torts just uses the wrong words. He is very blunt and it can come off as cruel but I don't think he intends it to be that way.

Does Hagelin stink? I honestly don't know because I can never remember him being on it. The PP itself stinks. Brad Richards on the PP stinks. Girardi REALLY stinks on the PP. It is a little unfair to say that about Hagelin when the guys you are putting out there aren't doing any better.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I think a lot of the time Torts just uses the wrong words. He is very blunt and it can come off as cruel but I don't think he intends it to be that way.

Does Hagelin stink? I honestly don't know because I can never remember him being on it. The PP itself stinks. Brad Richards on the PP stinks. Girardi REALLY stinks on the PP. It is a little unfair to say that about Hagelin when the guys you are putting out there aren't doing any better.

Yeah Torts definitely uses the wrong words a lot of the time and is really blunt. Personally I think he's a great coach and he has the right attitude because he's not soft on his players which is good. But I don't really agree with calling out your players by name on the power play even when asked about them individually. He could have just said "I'm not gonna call out Hags but nobody has been good on the power play, etc." or something along those lines. Sometimes I question him calling out reporters by first name which he usually does but that's funny and reporters shouldn't ask stupid questions just to get him going but he's also very confrontational when he often doesn't need to be but what can I say, I get excited when I see his interviews because I'm always ready for a laugh, but hey that's Torts and that's what comes with being on his team and being a reporter ha ha.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Guys,

We got this! We were not outplayed in Game 1, this is Game 2. Less excitement for Boston, they will not come out firing on all cylinders like they did in Game 1.

I am confident we will win and go back home 1-1

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Bitter Leafs fan checking in to wish you guys luck! I missed the 1st game, being in Florida, but I'm back in Toronto and will be glued to the TV cheering you guys on!!!!

Go Rangers!

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

Our PP is the most illogical thing ever conceived. Hags is definitely a better ES player than PP. He's fantastic at Even Strength.

Putting Moore & Stralman on the PP points? Great. Not putting them on their off sides? Bleh.

Oh yes, Let's Go ****ing Ranguhs! Make that n00b defense pay! Also, don't Make Tuukka Rask look like Patrick Roy, thanks. Split this *****, and take it back to MSG. My blood pressure implores you, Rangers.

Last edited:

Kershaw

Only way they win game 2 is with Hank puts on a clinic (again), but his teammates have proven that even that is not enough to get the W. If the overtime is signs to come then yikes.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Only way they win game 2 is with Hank puts on a clinic (again), but his teammates have proven that even that is not enough to get the W. If the overtime is signs to come then yikes.

Team can't score. Hank can be god all he wants but team has to net some

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2