ECSF: (1) Washington Capitals vs. (2) Pittsburgh Penguins | Capitals Lead Series 3-2

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
No Marcus Johannson, Kevin Shattenkirk or Justin Willams and Matt Murray will be the starting goalie and not Marc Andre Fleury that Holtby will have to play better than. I expect Derrick Brassard to have a big series against whatever Trotz matches up against his line.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
The law of averages says that eventually the Caps are going to beat the Pens in the playoffs. Hopefully it's not this year, but who knows? If Geno & Hagelin are out or really banged up it'll be tough for the Pens to pull it out.

I am saying Pens in 6 but it could go either way IMO. What I do know is that playing the same teams in the playoffs year after year is getting a little boring.

well fwiw, this is probably the first time the pens are favorites, so maybe that helps caps

Why are the Pens the favorites, the Caps are the higher seeded team and have home ice?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Anyone not calling this a 7 game series is fooling themselves. Not because the teams are super evenly matched. But because the Capitals always find a way to make it the most heartbreaking loss possible.

Reactions: Mean Gene

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
This is the boldest prediction I've made in a while, but Caps in 5. I really think they get it done this year, and do it well. I also predict a letdown in the ECF after that.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

illpucks

May 26, 2011
The law of averages says that eventually the Caps are going to beat the Pens in the playoffs. Hopefully it's not this year, but who knows? If Geno & Hagelin are out or really banged up it'll be tough for the Pens to pull it out.

I am saying Pens in 6 but it could go either way IMO. What I do know is that playing the same teams in the playoffs year after year is getting a little boring.

Why are the Pens the favorites, the Caps are the higher seeded team and have home ice?
Their all time record vs Penguins in playoffs is abysmal

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
game 1 will be saturday due to leafs/bruins still going and wizards home on friday, unless they wanna do thursday

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Bos
I'm a Penguin fan but even from the winning side I'm honestly just so ****ing sick of this match up.

I think this is Washington's year, though (to then get stomped by Tampa or Boston, as would Pittsburgh).

Boston stomping Pittsburgh? Hehe

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
If the Caps can get goals from role players like Stephenson, Eller and Smith-Pelly, they can compete. If not, it will be another second round exit.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I'm a Penguin fan but even from the winning side I'm honestly just so ****ing sick of this match up.

I think this is Washington's year, though (to then get stomped by Tampa or Boston, as would Pittsburgh).

Yeah, this is exactly how I see it. Everybody is talking about how this is a "different Washington Capitals team", and they're right; they're a worse Washington Capitals team. I think that they can beat Pittsburgh, because I think Pittsburgh is also a weaker team, and I don't think that lightning will strike thrice.

However, I do fully expect Washington to get destroyed by the winner of the Atlantic Division if they win this series.

Reactions: apollo71426

Rygu

Dec 24, 2017
B.C.
God damn it I can't take another series loss to the Pens surely the odds finally have to fall in our favor. Right guys... guys?
If the Canucks were finally able to beat Chicago, then Washington definitely has a chance against the Penguins. Holtby just needs to be really really good.

Reactions: JenniferH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad