ECSF: (1) Washington Capitals vs. (2) Pittsburgh Penguins | Capitals Lead Series 3-2

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
The fix is in. Sutherland and Furlatt also reffed Pittsburgh's 8-5 game 6 win against Philly.

I know this is tongue in cheek and all but it is interestingly coincidental to have them for back to back game 6s.

While I have felt that certain referees (ahem Steve Kozari) have had underlying subconscious biases toward the Caps, I have never felt that way about Kelly or Furlatt.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I know this is tongue in cheek and all but it is interestingly coincidental to have them for back to back game 6s.

While I have felt that certain referees (ahem Steve Kozari) have had underlying subconscious biases toward the Caps, I have never felt that way about Kelly or Furlatt.

Most definitely the league stacking the situation against the Caps.

Good catch.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

When you have a limited number of teams left plus a certain and limited number of refs left there are bound to have some weird patterns.

That being said I remember reading somewhere the Pens own a 43% winning record in the games that Dean Morton refs

Now that doesn't mean I feel like there's some anti Pens bias going on or collusion conspiracy . Just an interesting stat and I'm not thrilled when he gets assigned to Pittsburgh games

@bobgrove91
FollowFollow @bobgrove91
More
Among active referees since start of 2005-06 season, Pens have their worst record (19-26-5, 43.0 %) in games worked by Dean Morton

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Man. Sure hope the pens can get some biased calls the next two games. Need to keep the Caps out the 2nd round just for the laughs.

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC

Caps have a winning record with both refs this year. Pens are 2-2 with Kelly and 3-2 with Furlatt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->