Who Will Win This Series?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
"The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here" is one of the best albums ever made IMO. I'm glad to see someone else still loves them.

Besides Check My Brain, all my AIC interest has been the earlier stuff. As a young kid, I listened to Facelift and Dirt a lot, since those were the albums my dad owned. I have "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here" on Spotify right now and all I'll say is "thank you" haha. Jerry Cantrell is a God of guitar riffs.

Reactions: LouJersey

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think Tampa is a better match.

Not as fast, they don’t rely on that darn stretch pass and they struggle against us.

They are still a tough match though. Their forward group is solid and their defense is better than the Leafs.

Special teams may make the difference. Bruins have a good PP and PK. Tampa’s PK has not been good.

Hopefully the linesmen aren’t as bad this series.

Reactions: Emerz

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I just realized we can't go to Game 4. I'm not amused.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Not expecting much in the second round. We are the better team (at least head to head), but we are gassed and some key guys are less than healthy. Also, TB did spank us in the last regular season contest. I said to myself before Game 7 that I would be happy with our season if we could just finish off the Leafs. I'm sticking to that.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Not expecting much in the second round. We are the better team (at least head to head), but we are gassed and some key guys are less than healthy. Also, TB did spank us in the last regular season contest. I said to myself before Game 7 that I would be happy with our season if we could just finish off the Leafs. I'm sticking to that.

And we beat Tampa Bay 3/4 times this season? But yes....Go off the last game against them as the barometer. :laugh:

Reactions: Orr2Neely8

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Every one spanked us the last couple weeks,really not putting anything into it.

Reactions: Orr2Neely8

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
We won't have any potential conflicts with the Celtics if they finish off the Bucks tonight right?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Dude gotta try to be less gloomy about it. Sometimes the first series is the hardest. They match up well and Tampa is borderline pathetic in Boston historically.

I have a feeling you're gonna be pleasantly surprised

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Tbay is very talented and usually bring their best at playoff time . The big thing is tbay is too good for us to not get focused right away despite the 7 game series. Often the 7 game series team has a problem getting mentally charged for gm 1 but as I say we can't give them a freebe

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Marc Savard on Sportsnet Hockey Central right now as an analyst . Hardly recognized him . He must have put on 30-40 pounds and looks healthy as hell . Great to see him.

They had him in-studio on Prime Time Sports yesterday with McCowan, Brunt, and Gord Stellick.

You can kind of tell Savvy is new to the whole TV thing. He's sitting to Stellick's right. You know how when some people get excited when they are talking they sometimes give the person beside them a nudge. Anyways as Savvy is talking he gives a little nudge to Stellick, and Stellick makes this motion and look at the camera like "what are you doing"? Savvy meanwhile is oblivious to it, he was talking away having a blast. It's good to see.

Reactions: Zillah

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
A lot of fans think the Bruins are tired, their defensemen aren't that great (probably looking at the amount of goals scored this series, I guess regular season performance doesn't matter:dunno:), their offense will dry up as Tampa has better defensemen (Hedman, Stralman, McDonagh), and Rask will be easy to score on so Tampa will have an easy series win.

In my opinion, I think the series with Toronto will be more of an anomaly than something we will see against Tampa. If anything, the Bruins themselves weren't even consistent against Toronto in all 7 games. Bruins arguably played the most physical they have played all season in games 1 and 2. They were much more passive in the rest of the series with some great periods in between. In my opinion (I hope), we'll see more of the Game 7 3rd period Bruins which closely resembled the team during the regular season.

The Bruins have faired well against Tampa. It will be a tough series for sure but a winnable one.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Dude gotta try to be less gloomy about it. Sometimes the first series is the hardest. They match up well and Tampa is borderline pathetic in Boston historically.

I have a feeling you're gonna be pleasantly surprised

Not gloomy...I am actually quite at peace and looking forward to calmly watching the remaining games. Now that the team has made par in my mind, I could stomache a loss to TB given the extenuating circumstances. On the other hand, losing to Toronto would have been too much for me to bear.

Also, I am not predicting we'll lose the series. I just wouldn't be surprised if we see a tired looking Bruins team go down to a very good Tampa squad.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Regardless of the regular season results, the Bruins matchup really well against TB.

Tampa defense is much better than Toronto's, but overall as a unit outside of Hedman and Stralman, I'm not overly impressed. They are good, but not great. McD hasn't made the impact I thought he'd make for them, Sergachev is a wildcard to me. What's he going to bring against a team that has far more depth than Jersey did. Girardi is garbage and absolutely can be exploited. Coburn is whatever. Steady guy, won't do anything to kill you.

Their F depth is scary good. JT Miller was the better get in that trade IMO. They can beat you with every line. Cassidy will need to his best matchup wise to try and negate that.

Second period/long change issues need to stop.

Which Rask is going to show up? The one that has historically owned TB, or the one that has looked shakey so far through 7 playoff games?

If Boston can take split the first two games on the road, I think this is over in 6.

Either way, should be a great series. Two very balanced and skilled teams.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I don't think fatigue should be much of an issue to tip the scales. How many times have we seen a team wrap up their series early and then come out flat after sitting around?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Not gloomy...I am actually quite at peace and looking forward to calmly watching the remaining games. Now that the team has made par in my mind, I could stomache a loss to TB given the extenuating circumstances. On the other hand, losing to Toronto would have been too much for me to bear.

Also, I am not predicting we'll lose the series. I just wouldn't be surprised if we see a tired looking Bruins team go down to a very good Tampa squad.

Fair enough, I misconstrued your feelings, I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad