GDT: ECSF #1 - 04/27/17 | RANGERS @ senators | 7:00 - CNBC, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
We have scored 14 goals and our leading scorer has 4 points.

They have scored 15 goals and their leading scorer has 8 points. Shut down Brassard and Karlsson and you win the series. Don't shut them down and you lose. There is no in between.

True. Just to add--we were playing arguably the best goalie in the world and a top 5 defense (ranked on GA) and they were playing the Bruins.....

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

They have scored 15 goals and their leading scorer has 8 points. Shut down Brassard and Karlsson and you win the series. Don't shut them down and you lose. There is no in between.

This is just proof that we are not depending on 1 or 2 players and have the depth to go far this post-season

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
True. Just to add--we were playing arguably the best goalie in the world and a top 5 defense (ranked on GA) and they were playing the Bruins.....

Agreed, Rask is great but it's a pretty big difference between him and Price in my opinion.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

No easy task as we've witnessed while he was wearing blue.

It's going to be a long night for Zbad if they end up going head to head IMO

LGR!!!!!

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
No easy task as we've witnessed while he was wearing blue.

It's going to be a long night for Zbad if they end up going head to head IMO

LGR!!!!!
Why would it be a long night for Zbad? He would out muscle him to everything. People don't remember the bad parts of Brassard.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Let's go boys! Come out strong, use our speed and hit, hit and hit! Girardi, Skjei, and Smith played well in round one, they're essential going forward. Girardi needs to continue his physicality. Nash needs to continue what he's been doing, same as the fourth line!! Let's win one in Ottawa and come back home ATLEAST 1-1.

Who ever is thinking this will be easy are in for some trouble. Ottawa has a nice team, goalie and a good coach representing them.

Let's take game 1 and that'll be a huge start!

LGR!!!!!!

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I'll definitely be expecting a little animosity between the two of them. Pride will be on the line.

Should be fun to watch. Looking FWD to it

Or we can just do it now. Brass isn't always Brassgod. I really hope AV matches the KZB line up against Brassards slow ass.

I completely disagree and other than Zbads one hit, he hasn't out-muscled anyone.

I want my team to win. There's no way I counter Brassard with Zbad if I were AV.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Or we can just do it now. Brass isn't always Brassgod. I really hope AV matches the KZB line up against Brassards slow ass.

You're hatred against arguably our best Center is halirous.

LOL

There's no hate. That's just silly.

In all honestly though..I hate the trade every bit right now as I do on day one..

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Key to this series is the 1st goal in every game. Rangers has to score 1st in every game to force Sens to open up the game. Only effective way to beat the trap.

Allow Ottawa to score 1st and this will be a hard and frustrating series for our boys.

However, I still believe Rangers in 5!

LGR

kennglin13

Oct 4, 2008
Three years ago the Rangers lost to Gaborik.
Two years ago the Rangers lost to Callahan.
Last year the Rangers lost to Hagelin.

Let's stop this trend and not lose to Brassard

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Sens have some decent talent spread out through the 2-4 lines (if the lines that Loffen has listed are correct). Not really sure I want Staal-Holden against the speedy Turris line, but then again, I don't want them against Hoffman and Stone either.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Key to this series is the 1st goal in every game. Rangers has to score 1st in every game to force Sens to open up the game. Only effective way to beat the trap.

Allow Ottawa to score 1st and this will be a hard and frustrating series for our boys.

LGR

You might be right, however... This post-season we seem to be more comfortable to play the physical game. And when we are down, that might be the best way to counter the trap game.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York

LGR

Scoring the first goal can be applied to any series, but especially when you're playing a team like Ottawa with their 1-3-1 trap system. Scoring first and forcing Ottawa to play a little bit more aggressively and fall out of their system will work to our benefit.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I just saw this blurb on TSN's main webpage.

Senators forward Mark Stone discusses the biggest challenge about facing the Rangers, how they're preparing for New York to crash the net as they usually do, and whether the team finds motivation in all the critics saying they don't stand a chance in the series.

The Rangers usually crash the net?

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
You might be right, however... This post-season we seem to be more comfortable to play the physical game. And when we are down, that might be the best way to counter the trap game.

This is - too me - is an aspect that came out of nowhere, and I think it shows the team is hungry, confident and above all healthy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad