ECQF/MDSF: (M2) New York Islanders vs (M3) Pittsburgh Penguins | NYI leads 2-0

Who do you think will win the series?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
This series is not over yet. Islanders did what they had to do. Expect The Pens will make a push. To state the obvious game 3 is a must win for them.

Games three and four are must wins. If it goes back to Nassau 3-1, it's over.

I do expect the push for sure though. Too much talent and pride for them not to.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
12pm game tomorrow.

I can’t remember the last time the Pens looked good in one of these noon/early afternoon games.

Teams never look great in those games. It’s worse for the home team because the crowd tends to be subdued. I’ve rarely seen a high paced well played noon or 1 start be it regular season or playoffs. The Isles are horrible in afternoon games dating back to 2013 at home. They’ve been significantly better on the road

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Smart people can also read with context!

He said 'Pens fans' as in multiple, not "all pens fans' or 'every pens fan'. See the difference? :teach:

2-0 Isles, enjoy the tinfoil hats.

Did I mention a conspiracy? Context? And, no, I am not going to give you enough credit to suggest you're being ironic. When you're looking up "context" in the dictionary, take a peek at "ironic" as well. Hilarious.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
12pm game tomorrow.

I can’t remember the last time the Pens looked good in one of these noon/early afternoon games.

If it's worth anything Islanders generally don't play well in afternoon games

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
This is enjoyable. Islanders are playing great, exciting hockey. Pens look slow and washed up.
Their decline is definitely on. Look at past teams that were good then bad. SC winner, then next year win 1 series, then out in first round this year. Next year - no playoffs. Very typical decline.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
This is enjoyable. Islanders are playing great, exciting hockey. Pens look slow and washed up.
Their decline is definitely on. Look at past teams that were good then bad. SC winner, then next year win 1 series, then out in first round this year. Next year - no playoffs. Very typical decline.

I'll accept three Cups in the past decade and change....

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Changed my vote to Isles in 4.

Sid has plans later next week it seems.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Only at home

The Isles will be ready to go tomorrow, Trotz has had them ready all season. They won't be buoyed by the insane Isles crowd like on LI, but they play the same style on the road and the gameplan is the same. If the Isles score first and clamp it down, the Pens will have their hands full.

Reactions: MattMartin

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The Penguins are just a mediocre team and they are very poorly coached. The defense needs to be totally revamped in the offseason. Hornqvist is a piece of trash on a long contract, Milan Lucic 2.0.

Rutherford has his work cut out for him if he wants to get this team back to being a contender before Sid and Geno retire.

If they lose this series, Sullivan needs to go ASAP. Shero stood by Bylsma for 5 years after he won the cup, let’s hope Rutherford doesn’t make that same mistake.

Islanders fans, he's our bood12.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Pens and Isles played a 12pm playoff game back in 2013, it was at the NVMC though.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Series right now is being won/lost in front of the crease. Isles have 3 big goals off second chances. Pens have a grand total of zero second-chance goals, despite there being many opportunities to bang in loose pucks. Gonna be a quick series if that doesn't change. Isles are the harder-working team in the dirty areas so far, and the above stat speaks to that.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Hopefully the Pens left half of their defensemen and Mike Sullivan in Long Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad