ECQF/MDSF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes | Game 7 is Coming | Part 2

Who wins game 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrouperTrooper

Jan 17, 2008
Florida
If it helps you sleep at night? I'll wager that during the playoffs the last few years more Capitals opponents have been injured than vice versa.

Oshie hasn't even missed a game yet...

Cool, so if a Capital hits Aho like that and he breaks his arm, it's all good.

Two minutes and we move on. :thumbu:

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
yes. an unlucky two minute minor. if oshie gets up they don't even call it, and you know it.
Yep... but he was hurt, so they did.

In principle I’d say they should always call plays that are higher chance to cause an injury regardless if it actually injures... the idea being to make players more reluctant to do those plays, rather than just punishing injuries themselves teaching players they can get away with it. Regardless of teams or game context (more so for more serious penalties.)

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Reading this whining about Oshie after the last few days discussion over Svech is.... Well, yeah
I like the Caps but I can admit that Ovie fighting a child was really stupid and classless. Hopefully some Canes fans can admit the same about the Oshie play.

JediJew12

Apr 16, 2019
Reading this whining about Oshie after the last few days discussion over Svech is.... Well, yeah
Svech made a decision to fight, and got his ass beat. What does this have to do with a crosscheck/boarding that injures a capital?
In my opinion, I am ok with this not being a suspendable call. There is no intention to injure here. Thats a hockey play that you see 100 times in a game, this was just really bad outcome. Sucks we lost Oshie, but this is hockey, it happens.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
yes. an unlucky two minute minor. if oshie gets up they don't even call it, and you know it.
That is the most dangerous hit in hockey. Hitting a guy from behind at that distance from the boards. I saw a player get paralysed on a similar hit.
The player should know better. He knows that he shouldn't hit a guy in the back there. That is a lack of respect.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
That is the most dangerous hit in hockey. Hitting a guy from behind at that distance from the boards. I saw a player get paralysed on a similar hit.
The player should know better. He knows that he shouldn't hit a guy in the back there. That is a lack of respect.
This. Recklessness is still a problem if it’s not intentional. You want it ingrained in players heads you can’t do that (put your stick on their back and push) so they don’t even do it by mistake.

Reactions: kicksavedave

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
yep. at the end of the day they both squared up. we didn't like it, our guy got hurt, but the refs got it right.
Why didnt you like it? Your guy asked for the fight and he got it. My question is why was he asking Ovi to fight? Ovi isnt a fighter. They wanted to get him off the ice for 5 minutes. He probably didnt expect to get knocked out.

Reactions: Futures Passed

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC

well, then, when you're right and foegele gets suspended for eleventy seven games, you can feel free to say you told me so.

except that ain't happening, so. whatever.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
well, then, when you're right and foegele gets suspended for eleventy seven games, you can feel free to say you told me so.

except that ain't happening, so. whatever.
Not sure if he will get anything or not but it is the most dangerous hit in hockey. Your opinion isnt going to change that.

Reactions: kicksavedave

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So glad we get another home game. Love that all these young guys are getting playoff experience, and they get to experience what a Carolina crowd can be like in the playoffs.

Hopefully it makes them hungrier for that in future seasons. No more of this decade-long drought bull.

Linnie The Pooh

Apr 17, 2019
Ashburn, Virginia
Why? I'm not saying it just because of age either, but his physique. I want to see Ovi drop the gloves with superstars that can fight like Jamie Benn, and not fight scrawny players like the Canes guy, or Patrick Kane.
What is he going to do? Svechnikov wanted to go. Was OV going to just skate away? No way he was going to do that.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
opinions differ on who asked whom to dance, you know. we'll leave it at that.
Well Ovi said the kid asked to fight. I never heard anyone else say otherwise.
I heard Brindamour whine about the fight and he didnt say Ovi asked for the fight. I have lost a lot of respect for him because of the ridiculous comments he has made the past few days. I didnt think he was such a whiner.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Well Ovi said the kid asked to fight. I never heard anyone else say otherwise.
I heard Brindamour whine about the fight and he didnt say Ovi asked for the fight. I have lost a lot of respect for him because of the ridiculous comments he has made the past few days. I didnt think he was such a whiner.
He said he talked to Svech who denied asking for a fight,

A distinct possibility one side or the other is using “asked to fight” more or less literally than the other; a disconnect maybe

It was a heated, emotional exchange between two adults. That’s really all that matters, even if Ovi literally asked to fight, I can’t see how anyone would think Svech was forced.

18 y o “kids” are as responsible as adults legally for anything, and the vast majority manage to avoid trouble as much as adults. I think he is capable of making his own decision and he made a bad one at one stage or another

illpucks

May 26, 2011
What is he going to do? Svechnikov wanted to go. Was OV going to just skate away? No way he was going to do that.
Crosby wanted to fight at some point, no? At least both guys were heavily chirping each other but it never materialized. Why it materializes only when the player is relatively speaking among the weakest in the league? If Ovi drops gloves regularly that's another story but he almost never fights.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
He said he talked to Svech who denied asking for a fight,

A distinct possibility one side or the other is using “asked to fight” more or less literally than the other; a disconnect maybe

It was a heated, emotional exchange between two adults. That’s really all that matters, even if Ovi literally asked to fight, I can’t see how anyone would think Svech was forced.
And you believe that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad