GDT: ECQF Gm #1: Maple Leafs @ Capitals | "We're Going To Washington. We Plan On Winning"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
we need a new GDT for every period at this rate

I'm just going to throw this out there to the mods, but how about we throw away the 1k post limit on playoff GDTs so there aren't 2-3 every game.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
that was sooo much better than what i was expecting.

Seconded!!!

I expected a Washington buzzsaw, and at least a one goal lead unless Andersen stood on his head. Instead I got brilliance from many Leafs, and a weird nonchalance from some of the Caps players . . . they looked really disjointed.

I expect the buzzsaw in the 2nd.
We need to be ready for quick counterattacks.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
i'm happy with the effort that period, their goal was a difficult bounce, Andersen had to play the shot, unfortunately so did everyone else and it was an easy tap in.

I am however scared of our powerplay being our demise, that is if we ever get another one this game with how embarrassed the refs are on that no-goal call

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
The Caps look nervous (choking tendencies).

They will come back strong after the intermission, lets hope the boys can keep the intensity.

The big 3 look like they are up for playoffs and **** the ref for that Boyle call.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
From what I've seen so far the Leafs have taken the play to them and have outplayed them.

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
A minute and a half to make sure they score. Pathetic. I still don't know where Boyle's penalty came from. I normally don't harp about the refs, but this is atrocious.

Script says we can't be up by 2 goals...has to be one goal max. Leafs knew the script shouldnt have gotten greedy.

Eddo22

Sep 22, 2015
Good period by the Leafs. That call on Boyle was bs. Real score is 2-0.

Leafs are gonna have to put up with bogus calls and with the Caps playing dirty and getting away with it every game.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Seconded!!!

I expected a Washington buzzsaw, and at least a one goal lead unless Andersen stood on his head. Instead I got brilliance from many Leafs, and a weird nonchalance from some of the Caps players . . . they looked really disjointed.

I expect the buzzsaw in the 2nd.
We need to be ready for quick counterattacks.

I agree. I think we caught them "sleeping" - they SHOULD be better in the first, but then I believe Babcock will have them ready to continue pushing too. the only mistake I saw was the soft clear on the end of the 5 on 3, and well that sucked - ehh. try to get another goal (preferably two) - and then really push in the third period :nod:

Morning Dart

Jun 22, 2013
Toronto
That almost couldn't have went much better if we're being honest with ourselves. That dumb call on Boyle leading to the Williams goal sucked, but altogether an impressive first period. Marner is buzzing, so are the Matthews/Nylander combo. Rielly's about as involved as I've seen him all year. Most importantly, Freddy looks like he's no worse for wear and in a groove.

Keep the foot on the gas Buds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad