GDT: ECQF Game Two: New Jersey Devils vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Like to get both Bratt and Gibbons in, but not sure who sits.

I doubt they sit Boyle, and Coleman hasn’t inspired any confidense to deserve taking that center spot either.

Future trivia question.

I have to say the team did totally ruin my birthday weekend as I planned things around these games and they didn’t win any of them.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
and from the files of f*** off!

michiletti couldnt get enough about talking about any of the 5 ex rags in the stoppages early on

he did give some props finally to the devils in the 2nd period….i was somewhat amazed

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
JT Miller showed more heart the entire Devil team...

It wasn't just mistakes they were beaten up and beaten up badly. They lost nearly every single battle and showed nothing at all.

Seems as though they weren't prepared to be punch in the mouth because when they were, they just folded

You can continue with the lineup decision talk, the pairings and all the other noise you want...it doesn't matter! It absolutely doesn't matter without will, fight some damn courage... which we saw none of.

They showed up when Tampa was done and had the W in their back pocket. It was a gutless performance and a complete disgrace
Can’t say I agree at all. The team was okay in first, got blitzted in the second, and dominated the third. When Tampa scores 4 goals on 11 shots, the game is over. What did they get 3 goals in like 3 minutes? We didn’t get a save when we needed one.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Certainly not the result they wanted but once again, I like that there is no quit. They didn't just throw in the towel. And good to see Cory get in there and for once play well for the rubber he did see. Might as well roll him out on Monday. All a process, people!! Remember that during all this!!

Reactions: R8NJ

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Kink magic rain out tonight....which was expected.
2 perfect deflections on guys left open, one perfect bar down shot on a partial break from a 2 v 1, 1 own goal by our defense... the 5th hit was just a weird play, but again no d.
I wouldn't say his magic ran out when he had no chance on any goal.... 1 stoppable goal in 2 games isn't "running out of magic"

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
2 perfect deflections on guys left open, one perfect bar down shot on a partial break from a 2 v 1, 1 own goal by our defense... the 5th hit was just a weird play, but again no d.
I wouldn't say his magic ran out when he had no chance on any goal.... 1 stoppable goal in 2 games isn't "running out of magic"
if that was Cory giving up those goals your story would be 180 degrees different

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
5.88 GAA, .804 save percentage. 0 wins.

Pick your metric, it isn’t good enough. Is it his fault? No not really, but it isn’t good enough even if you subscribe to the idea that wins is the ultimate goalie stat.

The D has to be better no matter who is in net though. Enough with Lovejoy.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
JT Miller showed more heart the entire Devil team...

It wasn't just mistakes they were beaten up and beaten up badly. They lost nearly every single battle and showed nothing at all.

Seems as though they weren't prepared to be punch in the mouth because when they were, they just folded

You can continue with the lineup decision talk, the pairings and all the other noise you want...it doesn't matter! It absolutely doesn't matter without will, fight some damn courage... which we saw none of.

They showed up when Tampa was done and had the W in their back pocket. It was a gutless performance and a complete disgrace

This is spot on. This team has been timid about 80 of the 120 minutes they've played in this series. No one hits anybody. I think Greene trucked someone near the bench, but that's been it. They passes are indecisive. The plays too cute.

You really want to throw Santini in there when he hasn’t played a NHL game since December?

Why not? We know Lovejoy is playing like an AHLer. We could use a little grit on the back end and a guy who can pass the puck.

Kinky was yelling at Ward when he got pulled, I wonder what he said

"Tell that p***y Nasreddine to come down here so I can tell him that his coaching is dogshit. Stop fighting his battles for him."

Reactions: glenwo2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad