Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 7 - Toronto ADIEU - Bring on Columbus - BRUINS WIN SERIES 4-3

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Is it? We were by far the better team in Games 2 and 6. The Leafs had a slight to moderate edge in all of the other games.
Bruins 2, 6
Leafs 1, 3

Other 3 had stretches of effective and ineffective play by both teams, and each game could've gone either way.

Bruins took over game 7 from the second the 3rd period started and won it after the Leafs couldn't win the game in the 2nd where they took the play to them.

That game was over the second Kuraly scored.

Reactions: BMC

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
You honestly think the Leafs were the better team last night? Are you still drunk?

They had a major possession edge. We had a hard time sustaining pressure in their zone, at least in the first two periods. We did not play particularly well last night IMO. That disappoints me, because I wanted to win in convincing fashion. Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Bruins 2, 6
Leafs 1, 3

Other 3 had stretches of effective and ineffective play by both teams, and each game could've gone either way.

Bruins took over game 7 from the second the 3rd period started and won it after the Leafs couldn't win the game in the 2nd where they took the play to them.

I'd say it was over after they killed the too many men penalty. Toronto scores there, it could have gotten ugly.

Reactions: BMC and Seidenbergy

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
They had a major possession edge. We had a hard time sustaining pressure in their zone, at least in the first two periods. We did not play particularly well last night IMO. That disappoints me, because I wanted to win in convincing fashion. Oh well, onwards and upwards.

A 5-1 blowout that was decided early 3rd period is not "convincing fashion"? But oh! Wait! In possession edge they weren't the better team! Well slap my ass and call me Spanky! Let me know when the Stanley Cup of Possession Edge is handed out, and I'll agree with you.

Nice shtick (as always). :laugh:

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
You have no worries, there will be plenty of suitors for Nylander if he's made available.

I think his value actually went up with his playoff performance. He didn't light it up offensively but he also didn't get dominated in the middle of the ice by 37/46/13 like many assumed he would. No doubt in my mind a GM or two is looking at Nylander now and wondering if he's actually a center and not a winger, which only makes him more valuable.

Leafs will need to clear out cap space, but it won't be Nylander who feels the axe. I think it's much more likely Gardiner walks and Kadri is the cap fall guy.
Horton is ready to come off their books

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
A 5-1 blowout that was decided early 3rd period is not "convincing fashion". But oh! Wait! In possession edge they weren't the better team! Well slap my ass and call me Spanky! Let me know when the Stanley Cup of Possession Edge is handed out, and I'll agree with you.

Nice shtick (as always). :laugh:
I don’t think 5-1 was really indicative of the game,Rask was great,Anderson not so much,but really don’t care on to the next round

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

According to Natural Stat Trick, last night's game went as followed:

Boston Bruins EVS CF%:
Period 1 = 9CF/19CA -- 32.14%
Period 2 = 30CF/18CA -- 62.5%
Period 3 = 21CF/13CA -- 61.76%

Total = 60CF/50CA -- 54.55%

The Leafs went 67.86% in the first, 37.5% in the second, and 38.24% in the third. They finished the game with a 45.45 CF%. So they didn't really have a major possession edge last night, at least going off a possession stat like Corsi.

Reactions: KnightofBoston

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I don’t think 5-1 was really indicative of the game,Rask was great,Anderson not so much,but really don’t care on to the next round

I was there. Not one person in my section was nervous up 3-1 at the end. Everyone knew the Leafs had nothing, and that an empty netter was coming soon. Didn't expect 2, that was just a bonus.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Haven't been on much lately because of work and didn't see more than a few minutes of the early games.

Bruins were better in parts, but I think Rask/Andersen was the tipping point. Rask only playing 45 games while Andersen played 60 is huge. Halak had a big part in this whole thing.

Love 90 and 13 and what they bring.

I also want to say i've seen some familiar names of posters who don't post much anymore. Nice to see you all back here posting. This is a better place with you here contributing. Now, if only Morris Wanchuk would show up again!

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I was there. Not one person in my section was nervous up 3-1 at the end. Everyone knew the Leafs had nothing, and that an empty netter was coming soon. Didn't expect 2, that was just a bonus.
The third goal was a killer for the Leafs,I wasn’t to worried after that either.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Bruins 2, 6
Leafs 1, 3

yup.
when Kuraly scored the Leafs went into full blown panic mode like they did after Debrusk scored in the 3rd last year.
Tried the same exact panic stretch passes

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Elvis P

Stop! In the name of love/You can't hurry love
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The Bruins had to win. If you look at NHL history from Orr to the present the B's are the sexy beast of a Lamborghini and the Leafs are the gray minivan.

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
According to Natural Stat Trick, last night's game went as followed:

Boston Bruins EVS CF%:
Period 1 = 9CF/19CA -- 32.14%
Period 2 = 30CF/18CA -- 62.5%
Period 3 = 21CF/13CA -- 61.76%

Total = 60CF/50CA -- 54.55%

The Leafs went 67.86% in the first, 37.5% in the second, and 38.24% in the third. They finished the game with a 45.45 CF%. So they didn't really have a major possession edge last night, at least going off a possession stat like Corsi.

That seems accurate . I wasn't happy with most of the first period but after that and aside from the PP momentum boost they had in the 2nd, the Bruins played a fine game.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
I am still enjoying every bit of this game 7 victory against the Leafs. I was so nervous that I could almost not sleep yesterday night. This morning was pure gold seeing the result. Still I was super tired from almost no sleep the whole day at work. The Leafs are just a bunch of losers!

Bring on the Jackets!

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
If Chara punches someone you know they've got it coming. He takes an awful lot of abuse out there & does a remarkable job of holding his temper when he could easily put people in the hospital instead.
Exactly! He's even more inclined to take abuse and let it go for himself, but if he sees one of his teammates, especially one of the kids, get abused, out comes Papa Bear and he goes into protective mode. One of the reasons he's endearing to me as a player, always looks out for the kids and the rest of his teammates, while taking abuse most nights without a thought for himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00