Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 7 - Toronto ADIEU - Bring on Columbus - BRUINS WIN SERIES 4-3

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
glad we won, glad its over. glad kadri and nylander are getting so much hate... thought coyle and carlo were the mvp's for the b's .. thought kapanen and anderson were the mvp's for the leafs.. thought matthews goals were pretty easy for him.. not sure why he kept getting all the praise.. kapanen really surprised me.. goood series time for columbus

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
I’d love to run the Leafs

More balance - I do think Toronto has drafted very well last 2 years

Krug would be a killer on that second pairing with a solid veteran partner
How can you predict he would be a "killer" on a pair with a non-existent/unnamed partner?:laugh::huh:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I think quite a few teams would want Kadri even though he is a psychopath but would there be that many takers for creampuff Nylander and that contract ?
He has a terrible playoff and his regular season was nothing to right home about either,albeit shortened with hold out.Hard to imagine that much interest with that contract.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
hahahaha Poor Steve Dangle. I know it's silly that I keep in touch with watching his recap videos, but this time....this time I think he's actually lost his mind:

He can rant like no one else. It is a skill, and he's pretty funny. I can only take about 5 minutes of it.

Streamed the game from computer to TV last night. Stood and paced the entire time, never done that. Didn't think I was that invested this year either.

Hoping CBJ were playing above their heads vs TB, and now they are back to normal.
Need all hands on deck for this one. Hope Clifton gets better soon, there will be injuries.
There was a pic of Chara in this thread. He looked terrible. Hope he sleeps for a day and a half.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
glad we won, glad its over. glad kadri and nylander are getting so much hate... thought coyle and carlo were the mvp's for the b's .. thought kapanen and anderson were the mvp's for the leafs.. thought matthews goals were pretty easy for him.. not sure why he kept getting all the praise.. kapanen really surprised me.. goood series time for columbus
Great post and I am so glad to see someone else think that Coyle and Carlo were MVP's this series. They were amazing- Brandon has come into his own, and it's wonderful to see. May he continue his play in the Columbus series. Coyle has been amazing throughout the series as well-love watching him when he's on the ice. Reminds me a bit of Chris Kelly on on the PK- when he's on the ice, you know he's going to work hard defensively to keep the puck from coming into our zone. Great in corners, too. Love Coyle and Carlo- may they both have a great second series, too, as well as the rest of the team of course!

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Bruins capped off a life changing day for me in the best way possible.

After 22 years in the trades and 12 years self employed I received a lead that there was a job opening right up my alley of expertise that would change my quality of life exponentially..... so after a few restless nights I made the decision to move on from self employment if offered the position given its perks.

I was offered the position the day of game 1 of the series and asked to come in to sign the employment contract yesterday prior to game 7.

What a way to end the night.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Habs killer

Jan 31, 2007
somerville

I'd take kapanen and hyman anyday, those guys bring it.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Even Tavares said it was a punch to the face and he didn't see who threw it. Heat of the moment play, they were all scrumming about there. I did notice Bergy trying to help Tavares up- class act right there.

And we don't know what happened in the scrum before that video clip. Chara could've been responding to something the Leafs did.

Reactions: BMC and Lady Rhian

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I think quite a few teams would want Kadri even though he is a psychopath but would there be that many takers for creampuff Nylander and that contract ?

I think Nylander has seen his last day in a Toronto uniform. I mean he held out wanting the big bucks. The leafs finally cave and pay him and he produced like a 3rd/4th liner and Babcock was still making excuses for him at his presser last night. Saying "he just didn't seem to get it going and will be better next year once he gets to start from the get-go".

No excuse what so at all and Babcock knows it. He's doing a sell job on him.

I still think they'll get a top defenseman for him, he has talent and can play with an edge, but for some reason he didn't with the leafs, but they'll be teams lining up for his services as well as Kadri, if either does become available. My guess its Nylander because of the contract and his no-show not only during the playoffs but all-season.

Reactions: Leafsforever89

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
And we don't know what happened in the scrum before that video clip. Chara could've been responding to something the Leafs did.
They were definitely getting under Chara's skin a few times this series. What they didn't realize is that he is the wrong Bear to poke, lol. He may look like a gentle giant, but don't make him mad! I must admit, he is my all time favorite Captain of the B's, along with The Chief.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Josh Anderson, Boone Jenner, Bjorkstrom. I love all three of those players but Anderson will be hitting everything that moves. Jenner will be jamming his shoulders into everyone's faces (not dirty but aggressive) and Bjorkstrom is so goddamn slippery. He doesn't look like hes that good and then he's ripping one from the slot and you're like "how the hell did he get there?"

I'm a big fan of all three of those players. You're right, Bjorkstrand is a slippery one. He's got a deadly shot and can handle/move the puck well. The Leafs played a little heavier than I thought, but keep your head up against the Jackets. Atkinson is another one that scares me, very underrated player. Wanted the B's to make a move for him years ago.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Krug has a great series

He’s made for Toronto- both against and I bet for

He’s a UFA and I’m running the Leafs I’m all over him

Reilly and Krug on 2 different pairings would be something

Leafs will be hard pressed to add much via UFA, especially one of the top if not the top offensive Dman there is available. They’ve wasted the ELCs of all their young stars and didn’t even win a playoff round.

Reactions: Leafsforever89

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Bruins capped off a life changing day for me in the best way possible.

After 22 years in the trades and 12 years self employed I received a lead that there was a job opening right up my alley of expertise that would change my quality of life exponentially..... so after a few restless nights I made the decision to move on from self employment if offered the position given its perks.

I was offered the position the day of game 1 of the series and asked to come in to sign the employment contract yesterday prior to game 7.

What a way to end the night.
Congratulations. Hope it works out very very well for you.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
DuBois got under our skin already by going after Bergeron all regular season.

Expect him, Dubinsky, Jenner and Anderson to be a thorn in our side. Gonna be a lot of cheap shots. Hopefully the boys stay composed and let their skills do the talking.

Or tough guy David Krejci's gonna take them all out.

Reactions: Bergyesque and BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
They were definitely getting under Chara's skin a few times this series. What they didn't realize is that he is the wrong Bear to poke, lol. He may look like a gentle giant, but don't make him mad! I must admit, he is my all time favorite Captain of the B's, along with The Chief.

If Chara punches someone you know they've got it coming. He takes an awful lot of abuse out there & does a remarkable job of holding his temper when he could easily put people in the hospital instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad