Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 6:41 PM - Winner will play Toronto in May - NESN, NESN 4K, TNT, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I want Swayman in net but…

Swayman lost the two games during the regular season against Florida.
Swayman has struggled all year with letting in an early goal.
The team that scores first is undefeated in this series.
Ullmark is crumbling just when we need a save the most . They just need Swayman to be average tonight. If they are expecting him to stand on his head then they were ultimately going to lose anyway.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Spring of '79 the only reason that series went 7 vs the Habs is that Cherry after losing games one and two with Cheevers in goal went with Gilbert the rest of the way.
Gilbert put on a clinic as the Bruins won 3 of 5.
We lost the series in tragic fashion but it was a bold move by Don as he was extremely tight with Cheesie.
Cheese understood the move and backed Gilbert 100%

Ullmark will understand if Monty goes with Sway & he will back Swayman 100%

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Sirott's play-by-play work is fine, but yeah the way he calls the big moments is very one-dimensional. Goals are the best example of that - "HE SCOOOORRRRRRRREEEEESSSSS!!!!", shouted, every single time. It's trite.

But that's endemic among modern broadcasters - most of them seem to think that shouting is the only way to cover a big play or inject emotion or intensity into their call. It's too much same-same and becomes grating after a while. Once upon a time you had commentators who could take you through the ebb and flow of the play with much greater subtly, variety and wit. They were more able and willing to let the play speak for itself. There are still some great callers out there, but it's a declining art.
I learned my love of Hockey AND the Bruins through radio.... it's all I had during the early 70's when I became a fan. I don't want stories or the play-by-play guys opinion....just the play as it's unfolding on the ice. And the screaming after a goal.... totally unnecessary....and painful if your listening with earbuds!!!!

And lose the thesaurus.....pucks don't sizzle flutter etc!!!!!

LET'S GO BRUINS!!!!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I have some stuff to do before I head into Boston.

I will leave this here.

Please play a full 60....Win for you and all of us.

Hey Steve, We could use some help from above. I hope the Bruins win today.
1682878347660.png

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Ullmark can't move... you can't play him
If Ullmark plays tonight they will lose in a rout. It that happens, I don't want to see Monty behind the B's bench again. Let him be an assistant coach for the team he grew up loving.
If he plays Swayman and the players don't man-up and play the way they can then they were pretenders all along.
It's been a series of PUT UP OR SHUT UP!

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
As pessimistic I feel, it's a home game and in my opinion at the end of the day if the Bruins play up to the potential we saw during the regular season, they should win regardless who's in net.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I'm hoping for Swayman. Linus not playing well last 2.
Didn't the same thing happen 2 years ago.
Sway played well, at the end of the season. Tuukka was hurt.
Then in the playoffs they went with Tuukka, who couldn't move well, and they lost to the Islanders ?
That's the memory that I've been having for 6 games so far. Anyone realistic can see that Linus looks to be the same gestures that Rask did on the way to losing the series. Stubbornness is a disease that can't be cured.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
What are the chances Sweeney and Neely get the axe if we lose this game ?
I don't know why they would get the axe. I get that DS went all in this season, but he should have. If the Bs lose I won't hold the front office accountable even 1%. They gave this group more than enough for a deep Cup run. This is the first season under DS in which I felt he left no glaring holes on the roster whatsoever heading into the playoffs. GM of the year IMO. If the Bs lose the players and coaches are just chokers.

Reactions: Gordoff and Goom 35

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I often think about how my dad, living alone on the Cape handled B's playoffs. On a Sunday, he'd get up, wash, shave and dress, have his regular breakfast of cereal, OJ and coffee, read the sports page and probably hit 10am Mass. Head home, have a sandwich for lunch, maybe do some yard work for a few hours or pick up a few items at BJ's, then cook dinner and eat around 5:30pm. After that he'd settle into the leather recliner we all bought him and watch the game. No pregame, no postgame, no scouring internet forums or Twitter. After the game, win or lose, he'd either change the channel or shut off the TV and go to bed. No drama, even with Game 7's. And that's what he always did. And he was a B's fan from the 1950's onward.
Just wanted to share that.
God Bless His Soul!

Reactions: Mione134
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad