GDT: ECQF Game 6 - Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers | Let me shake your hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
It definitely is. Mostly other teams' fans though, which is kind of odd.. but not surprising.
EVERYBODY hates the Pens.

Every other team in the league plays “old time hockey”. The Pens are “cheaters” who have the refs on their side and tanked for Sid.

SidGenoMario

Apr 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Should have been goalie interference. That's pretty much textbook. There wouldn't have been a rebound if he wasn't hit in the damned head. Zero consistency.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
eh... would have been shocked if that was overturned.

although cbc makes an interesting case for it

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
It definitely is. Mostly other teams' fans though.

Are they arguing rationally though or just that in the moment it seemed like it should've been a penalty because of the optics of it generating a scoring chance?

The replay clearly shows Letang's one handed grip on his stick flailing at the loose puck somehow had enough force generated to send the Flyer jumping into the air. Challenge anybody to explain that logically without concluding it a dive and I'll accept it's anything more than biased whining because of how much they don't like the Pens.

I guarantee not one person will objectively look at how blatant a dive it was until emotions have died down. If that was Crosby literally jumping into the air to draw a trip this site (especially) would have a conniption fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad