GDT: ECQF Game 6 - Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers | Let me shake your hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
DZtt5RtXcAA_FQM.jpg

PENGUINS at FLYERS
3 p.m. ET; NBC, CBC, TVAS
Pittsburgh leads best-of-7 series 3-2

It's time... (hopefully)

Winger Patric Hornqvist participated in full-contact practice with the team. He hopes to return to the lineup when the Pens face the Philadelphia Flyers at Wells Fargo Center on Sunday afternoon for Game 6 of their First Round matchup - which Pittsburgh leads 3-2.
"I felt good. It's nice to be back with the guys, skating around and getting bumped a little bit," Hornqvist said after practice. "Hopefully it keeps going well (Saturday) and I can play (Sunday)."

Hornqvist, who was ruled a "game-time decision" by head coach Mike Sullivan, has missed the past 2 games with an upper-body injury.

"Everybody has injuries. It's just part of the game," Hornqvist said. "It's not a great feeling to be out of the lineup and watching. I get so nervous."

tumblr_oktqfuAKA31um8hv0o2_500.gif

Possible Lineup

PHI.png

Lines
28 Claude Giroux - 51 Valtteri Filppula - 93 Jakub Voracek
12 Michael Raffl - 19 Nolan Patrick - 11 Travis Konecny
21 Scott Laughton - 14 Sean Couturier - 17 Wayne Simmonds
24 Matt Read - 15 Jori Lehtera - 22 Dale Weise

Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov - 47 Andrew MacDonald
8 Robert Hagg - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
23 Brandon Manning - 3 Radko Gudas

Goalies
37 Brian Elliott - 30 Michel Neuvirth (expected starter)

PIT.png

Lines
59 Jake Guentzel - 87 Sidney Crosby - 72 Patric Hornqvist
62 Carl Hagelin - 71 Evgeni Malkin/19 Derick Brassard - 81 Phil Kessel
43 Conor Sheary - 19 Derick Brassard/15 Riley Sheahan - 17 Bryan Rust
46 Zach Aston-Reese - 15 Riley Sheahan - 34 Tom Kuhnhackl

Pairings
8 Brian Dumolin - 58 Kris Letang
3 Olli Maataa - 4 Justin Schultz
6 Jamie Oleksiak - 2 Chad Ruhwedel

Goalies

30 Matt Murray (expected starter) - 1 Casey DeSmith

"Enough is Enough" - Mike Sullivan

2Svxnb4.png
2Svxnb4.png
2Svxnb4.png

AzCRcdg.gif

giphy.gif

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Keys to the game:
- Play Penguins hockey - fast and fearless.
- Stars be stars.
- Mur don't be a super hero, but don't let weak ones in to give Philly confidence. Just be steady.
- Rust/Brass/Guentzel.. one of you do the normal clutch thing.
- Powerplay DON'T SUCK
- PK DON'T SUCK
- Kessel/Letang you owe us.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Keys to the game:
- Play Penguins hockey - fast and fearless.
- Stars be stars.
- Mur don't be a super hero, but don't let weak ones in to give Philly confidence. Just be steady.
- Rust/Brass/Guentzel.. one of you do the normal clutch thing.
- Powerplay DON'T SUCK
- PK DON'T SUCK
- Kessel/Letang you owe us.

Special teams is a big one. At even strength we have dominated them.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Is Malkin at risk for sitting this out? I thought he’d be at least good enough to play.

No idea. On one hand it’s kind of an important game so he might play through it and he finished the game. Malkin has a history of finishing games and then missing time because it was serious. Sullivan didn’t immediately rule him out like he did with Hornqvist but who the hell knows with Sullivan?

Reactions: TheKingPin

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Special teams is a big one. At even strength we have dominated them.

I rather they call nothing at this point. Let em trip a guy or two here and there...the Pens dominate 5 on 5 every time and then a PP comes to ruin momentum. It also allows Philly to play aggressive on the PK knowing how bad we have been...resulting in that SH goal last game.

Keep it 5 on 5

Reactions: Rudy Russo

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
No idea. On one hand it’s kind of an important game so he might play through it and he finished the game. Malkin has a history of finishing games and then missing time because it was serious. Sullivan didn’t immediately rule him out like he did with Hornqvist but who the hell knows with Sullivan?

No way Malkin sits if Kessel is still in there at 50%.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
I feel that the pens will come out strong for this game, and get a early lead on the Flyers. If Geno, & Hornquist play; I'm guessing that Simon will sit over Aston-Reese & Kuhnhackl. There is nothing more that I would love to see the Flyers lose all three home playoff games to the pens this playoff season.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
"All access : Quest for the Stanley Cup"

Pens are 2 for 2 so far since that started. This year will be no different.

Will it be Pens and Tampa for ECF again or Boston this time is the question.

As for the finals..Sharks or Preds rematch or Jets/Knights?

Only questions people should be asking themselves.

Jokes aside..show is great. Hope to see Pens on there again. A good time to rewatch all those espisodes on off days, reminder of what this team has accomplished..and adversity they overcame. Lost both game 1s in the ECF. Along with injuries.

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I feel like this game is going to be a dominating effort by the Pens or the kind of effort that makes you want to punch each player in the face. I don't think there will be a middle ground tomorrow. Either the Pens win it going away, or the Pens make Friday's effort look amazing.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I feel like this game is going to be a dominating effort by the Pens or the kind of effort that makes you want to punch each player in the face. I don't think there will be a middle ground tomorrow. Either the Pens win it going away, or the Pens make Friday's effort look amazing.

Or even worse...a repeat of game 6 against the Sens last year.

Anything can happen, but if this team is at its best theres no reason there should be a game 7. We already spotted them the last game. Cant happen again.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
After watching the Power-less-play last game, footage has emerged of Hornqvist from the Penguins training room:

HugeSplendidAmericanpainthorse-max-1mb.gif

...at least I hope he is ready to get back in there. Potential elimination game in Philly might need a lil muscle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad