Pre-Game Talk: ECQF Game 6 - Back To Florida - April 28, 2023 - 7:30pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I can't watch live tonight.

I am annoyed.
Of the 5 games so far I think I've seen 2 periods live. You get used to it. Hopefully you have your system in place for not having the score ruined. Make sure you set the recording to end when the broadcast ends, just in case I usually record 3 hours of programming after the scheduled broadcast, and then I make sure I leave the TV on something like HGTV.

Reactions: hrdpuk and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If Krejci plays, and we finally have a full lineup, here's what I'd want to see:

18/71-37-74
59-46-88
63-13-18/71
11/21-92-21/17 (if Hathaway is banged up, he comes out, else foligno.)

48-73
27-25
81-75

I don't think there's any argument at this point that Forbort can play in this series over Gryz or Clifton. The numbers agree. The eyes agree. Hell I think Darla would agree.

Ullmark gets the start. One boneheaded play on a Vezina caliber season doesn't change anything.

I want to see a lot of defensive structure and potentially this being a scrappy 2-1 game. Knock Bennett's teeth out. Make sure Matt Tkachuk doesn't get many shots off.

Quick analysis - Matt Tkachuk has shot a lot more at home and has been held to 3 shots or less every game in Boston. We may want to matchup his line with Bergerons.

The powerplay is fine, IMO - but 5v5 scoring needs to go up. A lot. Hall can't be our only weapon. These defenseman on Florida suck. There's no reason we need to be losing this series to Sam Freaking Bennett, Marc Staal, Aaron "Pylon" Ekblad, Ryan Choker Lomberg, and the corpse of Sergei Bobrovsky.
With how he looked for the last 3 months, I’d rather he not play and continue getting fully healthy before getting back out there. A DK at far less than 100% doesn’t help anything.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Of the 5 games so far I think I've seen 2 periods live. You get used to it. Hopefully you have your system in place for not having the score ruined. Make sure you set the recording to end when the broadcast ends, just in case I usually record 3 hours of programming after the scheduled broadcast, and then I make sure I leave the TV on something like HGTV.
Sometimes having the score ruined isn’t a bad thing,saves watching a loss if it happens I have actually checked scores myself ,I still to this day have never seen the loss in the finals to Chicago.Kind of wish I had taped the last Blues game.Lol Can call me a coward but if they don’t win tonight I might do the same for game 7 .

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Everyone here knows that nobody here has been on Matt Gryzlyck's back all year more then me.That said, it's a brutal mistake to take him out now.The Bruins have been playing better and faster with him in and most of all it got McAvoy playing the way he can.I wholeheartedly disagree here with Montgomery.That said,I am still pulling hard for Bruins to end this tonite.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Sometimes having the score ruined isn’t a bad thing,saves watching a loss if it happens I have actually checked scores myself ,I still to this day have never seen the loss in the finals to Chicago.Kind of wish I had taped the last Blues game.Lol Can call me a coward but if they don’t win tonight I might do the same for game 7 .
I almost wish I could do that. I've sat through some brutal losses that I recorded and watched a day later, with my significant other knowing the score the entire time while I beg her to just not say anything. Whatever happens, I signed up for this ride so I will celebrate or suffer, however she goes.

Reactions: sooshii and lopey

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA

This step is key. Found out the hard way years and years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: TD Charlie

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It;s weird how Gryz has barely played this series even when dressed. It's like the success and puck movement during the regular season doesn't matter for some reason all of a sudden.

Part of the Bruins issue this series IMO is the overthinking. Team down the stretch was better wthout Krejci, Forbort and Foligno. Not saying they are bad players, but things have just looked so disjointed this entire series.

I think he is fighting an injury. He hasn't looked quite right since near the end of the season.

Reactions: hrdpuk

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
This step is key. Found out the hard way years and years ago.
You probably realized it as soon as you hit the power button too. That moment of panic is the worst

I am not even a huge Grizz fan but he was playing well & most importantly McAvoy played 10 × better next to him
McAvoy has had a rough series imo. He looked somewhat his normal self again with Grizz

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
It;s weird how Gryz has barely played this series even when dressed. It's like the success and puck movement during the regular season doesn't matter for some reason all of a sudden.

Part of the Bruins issue this series IMO is the overthinking. Team down the stretch was better wthout Krejci, Forbort and Foligno. Not saying they are bad players, but things have just looked so disjointed this entire series.

The odds of Gryz being a Bruin next year (barring some fluke long term injury) are about 0%.

Monty figuring out pretty quick who his playoff guys are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad