Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 - 4/21 3:11 PM - JUST WIN BABY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It scares me when you are not optimistic but let's hope since this time you are not optimistic, you will be overwhelmed by the great Bruins team that hits the ice.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

I’ve also watched the Preds & Jets just play like the undead waiting to be put out of their misery

All the stacked loaded teams are gone or are close and few if any fought to the end

Tampa
Nashville
Winnipeg
Calgary
Boston

Who showed up ?

Nashville & Winnipeg we’re supposed to be serious Cup contenders going into season

They all but mailed huge games in yesterday

Based on what I saw from Boston live and the way other supposed top teams played with backs against the wall

I’m a nonbeliever

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
get an early goal and keep on hitting them. very winnable game against a beatable team. Games 3 and 5 could have gone either way. Bruins can easily step up and take 2 in a row. The other games in the NHL and their outcomes don't matter as the Bruins have known who their playoff opponent is for some time now.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Have avoided posting in the threads due to superstition.

Give me a hit parade this afternoon. Knock the shot out of these prima-donna’s. Let me taste those salty leaf tears.

Do not go gentle into that good night

Reactions: rfournier103

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Good luck the guys tonight, and happy easter to the rest of you guys!

I'll be working today, so I won't get to see the game. Usually they seem to play harder when i'm not watching, so here's hoping they even it up today..

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Bruins need to substitute pugnacious for polite - The Boston Globe

“It’s time,” said a serious, somber-sounding Bruce Cassidy, following his club’s early-afternoon workout Saturday in Brighton. “We have to step up our urgency level.”

Truth is, his team has been on a dangerously low simmer for all but Game 2. Cassidy knows it and he also knows his team is in trouble. He has stood behind his bench for 300 minutes the last week-plus, and other than the night Kadri again jetted off to crazy town, both the Bruins and Leafs have played like a couple of high-end private school clubs stocked with kids hoping to land Division 1 scholarships.

Not a single fight in five games. We have witnessed (shield your eyes) a whopping five roughing minors. Oh, the humanity. But let’s not forget the requisite amount of high sticks, holds, and interference calls. All that stuff qualifies as the burr in the saddle of what so far has been a $1,000 claimer of a series.

“I think sometimes you overthink the X’s and O’s — you are trying to think a little too much about what they’re bringing to you,” said veteran pivot Patrice Bergeron. “I think sometimes you’ve got to, I guess, rely more on instincts. That’s what hockey is about. You know, your first play is usually your best play, so don’t overthink stuff.”

“It’s tough . . . we are playing every other night, each game means a lot, and when your team doesn’t show up and doesn’t show that fire, have that edge . . . ,” mused defenseman Torey Krug, “. . .

because I think we have that edge when we bring it, it really shows in our game and it pushes them back on their heels.

“We’ve got to bring it. No question about it. We’ve got to bring it.”

Let's hope it's not just lip service... and they'll bring it.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick

I’ve also watched the Preds & Jets just play like the undead waiting to be put out of their misery

All the stacked loaded teams are gone or are close and few if any fought to the end

Tampa
Nashville
Winnipeg
Calgary
Boston

Who showed up ?

Nashville & Winnipeg we’re supposed to be serious Cup contenders going into season

Based on what I saw from Boston live and the way other supposed top teams played with backs against the wall

I’m a nonbeliever

I think this is the last game the Bruins play this year. I don't see any indication they have another gear. Usually there is one or two guys on the team you can point at and say they needed to be better. Everyone on this team needs to be better.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
The more fitting end to this story is a huge Boston win tonight where they play super physical. And then Game 7 at home they play flat and lose, lol.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Toronto Maple Leafs Losers Since '67: Lets not make them forget!

bruinsOT_medium.gif
115_006-losers-since-round-white.png
tumblr_mmrmga2P001sna8pso1_500.gif

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
It scares me when you are not optimistic but let's hope since this time you are not optimistic, you will be overwhelmed by the great Bruins team that hits the ice.
He hasn’t been optimistic all season. Predicting our 2020 cup. Don’t let it worry you. Also, don’t let him go to G7. :naughty:

Reactions: caz16

Ned Bouhalassa

Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
Across from my table at a coffee shop, there’s a guy wearing a Habs jacket, talking to his buddy about Tiger Woods, golf.
Please, PLEASE let’s not be that guy tomorrow!!!

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The Red Sox gave us a good playoffs and won the World Series.

The Patriots gave us a good playoffs and won the Super Bowl.

The Celtics are leading their first round playoff series 3-0.

C’mon, Bruins!!! The eyes of Boston are upon you!!! Don’t let us down!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Game 6 Officials

GD19.jpg
FC06.jpg

Referees Gord Dwyer (19), Francis Charron (6)
Kendrick Nicholson (30)*

Linesmen Scott Cherrey (50), Devin Berg (87)
Shandor Alphonso (52)*

Reactions: Mkdaman1818

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
When I came back as a Bruins fan from the none existent NJ Devils I never thought that the Bruins would be with their backs to the wall in the first round of the playoffs. But here we are, a must-win game followed by a must-win game 7. Realistically, I haven't seen the Bruins play consistently well enough, in the playoffs, to think they can accomplish two back to back wins.

However, I will remain an optimist and believe they can.

Go Bruins

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige

Tampa
Nashville
Winnipeg
Calgary
Boston

Who showed up ?

I’m a nonbeliever
I am a fan. hockey changes fast. I will pray and beleive. They are broken but i can’t go against them. DKH please stay at home for game seven and don’t open your tv today!,,stay simply away!

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
If the Leafs had been lights out this series it would be easier to take being down 3-2 to them but they simply haven't. It's the Bruins that have underwhelmed, time to take it up to PO level boys!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad