Pre-Game Talk: ECQF Game 5: NYR @ WSH | May 10th 7.30 EST (Series tied 2-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Seeing some of the goals Nabokov has let in recently, I'm glad Lundqvist stays deep. He likes it because it gives him more time to pick up a shot, and he can be sure to have the bottom of the net covered. New age goaltending.

Richter, on the other hand was a master of challenging the shooter. Still not sure how a guy that small was able to have such a good career. He sure rarely if ever used Butterfly.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Seeing some of the goals Nabokov has let in recently, I'm glad Lundqvist stays deep. He likes it because it gives him more time to pick up a shot, and he can be sure to have the bottom of the net covered. New age goaltending.

Richter, on the other hand was a master of challenging the shooter. Still not sure how a guy that small was able to have such a good career. He sure rarely if ever used Butterfly.

That '94 SCFs was a treat to watch. McLean, the last of the standup goalies, up against undersized and lightning fast Richter. Required viewing for the youts around here. :)

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
That '94 SCFs was a treat to watch. McLean, the last of the standup goalies, up against undersized and lightning fast Richter. Required viewing for the youts around here. :)

MSG shows those games so much that I would be astounded if anyone had successfully NOT watched most of the '94 Finals.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Well, we had Kirk a few years later as Richter's backup. I remember that a bit more clearly as it was in my teens. I think the position revolutionized as goaltending schools realized the best way to play was to take the bottom of the ice away from the shooter. Especially in close where the angle to elevate the puck is extreme, and shooters rarely have time and space to get any extra accuracy on the shot.

I was never a goaltender, but one thing I absolutely hated was playing against a southpaw. It messes with your head.

goalsequalvictory

Apr 28, 2013
From Katie Carrera's Twitter
Tom Wilson will play on the fourth line with Matt Hendricks and Jay Beagle. Oates says he’s looking for a “spark”. #Caps #NYR

Well then, if he get's too sparky, he wins a meeting with a Mr. Ryane Clowe, that should take the spark out of him very quickly :)

If we're tied or have the lead after 1, we win the game. Let them get ahead early, and we're in trouble...

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York
well i said if we tied up the series 2-2 we would win the series so lets see. winning one on the road would be huge. well we have to win at least 1 on the road if want to win the series so they might as well do it in game 5.

also watching hockey with "casual" fans is so annoying because they don't know anything :laugh:

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Hanks career playoff numbers are still skewed by his first series. Obviously all those goalies probably had a poor series but the majority of them played enough games to balance things out which hank is starting to do, he needs one exceptional series or two great ones to drive those numbers.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Sent: May 10, 2013 11:28a

#NYR starting to take the ice for morning skate. Staal is on the ice skating.

sent via Twitter for iPhone
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/332879757060485122

good news. btw anyone else thing Eminger has earned himself another contract as the spare D next yr? I do. Gilroy and Hamrlik are goners as UFAs

McDonaugh , Girardi
Staal, Moore
Del Zotto, Stralman
Eminger

McIlrath
Bickel
Sauer( two way deal / hope he can get back then eventually get called up)

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Unless Philly is willing to trade another first for Eminger, yeah, I'd keep him around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad