Pre-Game Talk: ECQF Game 5: NYR @ WSH | May 10th 7.30 EST (Series tied 2-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
While we wait for the GDT

WSH Practice lines:
LW | C | RW
Marcus Johansson|Nicklas Backstrom|Alex Ovechkin
Eric Fehr|Mike Ribeiro|Troy Bouwer
Jason Chimera|Matthieu Perreault|Joel Ward
Matt Hendricks|Jay Beagle|Tom Wilson

LD | RD
Karl Alzner | Mike Green
John Erskine | John Carlson
Jack Hillen |Steve Olesky

Likely Rangers Lineup:

LW | C | RW
Carl Hagelin|Derek Stepan|Ryan Callahan
Ryane Clowe|Brad Richards|Rick Nash
Brian Boyle|Derick Brassard|Mats Zuccarello
Taylor Pyatt|Derek Dorsett|Arron Asham

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh | Dan Girardi
John Moore | Anton Stralman
Michael Del Zotto |Steve Eminger

Last edited by a moderator:

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Where is Newb GDT Master?

Loffen, you're great but aren't you 0-2 this post season with GDT? :(

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Where is Newb GDT Master?

Loffen, you're great but aren't you 0-2 this post season with GDT? :(

GDT makes the best GDTs and I don't care if he was 0-82 in a full season, I'd still want him to make them. Also would love nothing more than a PGT comeback from Wraparounds.

Anyway, guess MH or Loffen will make a GDT, just made this as a temp until the GDT is up :)

FATCHAMALA11

Kneel Before Zod
Feb 16, 2006
NJ
Let's see some more of Ovie floating around tonight.

20130509136808541567205.gif

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I am so sick of that .gif. :laugh: I'd rather watch a documentary on Taylor Swift than that gif again. It's so totally like Wednesday billion years ago, gurl.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Kings went into St.Louis and won game 5 after losing the first 2 games in St.Louis. Kings lead 3-2. looking to wrap up the series tonight. The Rangers need to do the same thing tonight. Win game 5. Come back home with an opportunity to clinch the series in 6. Sunday is the one year anniversary of the Rangers beating the Caps in 7. The Rangers have scored more than enough goals at home in the last 8 games. Can they score on the road? The Rangers will need to breakthrough in Washington if they are going to win this series. Just like LA did.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
In 2007,the Rangers lost the 1st two in Buffalo. Won the next 2 at the Garden. They blew game 5 in Buffalo losing 2-1 in OT. They lost in 6. The Rangers blew game 4 in 2011 against the Caps. It should have been 2-2 and not 3-1. They corrected that mistake this time. Now its time to correct the mistake from the Buffalo series. They were in position to win game 5 on the road.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I really don't like the Clowe-Richards-Nash line. Primarily because I think it won't work well at all. Secondarily because I want Nash to play in an environment that puts him into a good position to score, and this line isn't it at all.

I want Nash with one of Stepan/Hagelin/Zuccarello/Brassard, and since the 1st line worked so well in game 4, with at least one of the latter two.

Zucc-Brass-Nash
Clowe-Richie-Boyle

Is better IMO.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
In 2007,the Rangers lost the 1st two in Buffalo. Won the next 2 at the Garden. They blew game 5 in Buffalo losing 2-1 in OT. They lost in 6. The Rangers blew game 4 in 2011 against the Caps. It should have been 2-2 and not 3-1. They corrected that mistake this time. Now its time to correct the mistake from the Buffalo series. They were in position to win game 5 on the road.

Chris Drury. 7.7 seconds.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
I really don't like the Clowe-Richards-Nash line. Primarily because I think it won't work well at all. Secondarily because I want Nash to play in an environment that puts him into a good position to score, and this line isn't it at all.

I want Nash with one of Stepan/Hagelin/Zuccarello/Brassard, and since the 1st line worked so well in game 4, with at least one of the latter two.

Zucc-Brass-Nash
Clowe-Richie-Boyle

Is better IMO.

Even if I don't want our two best FO guys on the same line, i doubt they'll break up Brass and Boyle they way they're playing together.

Nash-Stepan-Zuccarello was together for like 15 seconds this series. In those 15 seconds they scored a goal. Could be interesting to give that line a few chances in the offensive zone.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Hoping for

Hagelin - Stepan - Callahan
Nash - Brassard - Zuccarello
Clowe - Richards - Pyatt
Asham - Boyle - Dorsett

Boyle was useless last game, and kept losing the puck. Get him off the scoring lines.
Put Nash with the guys that are playing good right now.
First line would be amazing along the boards, and a ***** to play against.
Only problem is the slowest line in hockey. Not the nhl. All of hockey.

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
Almost a must win. With all the minutes the D is playing that game 6 and 7 back to back could be rough.

Win tonight and close them out at the garden ideally

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Hoping for

Hagelin - Stepan - Callahan
Nash - Brassard - Zuccarello
Clowe - Richards - Pyatt
Asham - Boyle - Dorsett

Boyle was useless last game, and kept losing the puck. Get him off the scoring lines.
Put Nash with the guys that are playing good right now.
First line would be amazing along the boards, and a ***** to play against.
Only problem is the slowest line in hockey. Not the nhl. All of hockey.

:shakehead

Are you for real?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Survive the opening ten minutes or so, and I think we'll be okay. Gotta figure the Caps come out of the gates going hard.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
They have to take one on the road now or later. I like their chances in a non-elimination away game rather than game 7 in Washington. Take advantage.

Henrik will have a big game tonight.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Ovechkin is aware of the buzz surrounding him. I'm interested in seeing how he comes out tonight. Also, Lundqvist needs to be a wall. His regular season stats are better than his post-season stats. If he's truly the King, he'll kick it into a higher gear.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Ovechkin is aware of the buzz surrounding him. I'm interested in seeing how he comes out tonight. Also, Lundqvist needs to be a wall. His regular season stats are better than his post-season stats. If he's truly the King, he'll step it up.

I think the Caps as a whole are going to come out like they were shot out of a cannon. More energy than we've seen from them at any point in the series. It will be critical for us to not be overwhelmed early.

If the Caps come out as I'm anticipating, I think we gotta get Clowe and Dorsett out on the ice a good bit. See if we can bait them into taking stupid penalties with all the adrenaline they'll have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino