GDT: ECQF GAME 5 BRUINS (1) @ Ottawa (3) 7:30 PM | NESN, USA, SN, TVAS, WBZ=FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
The playoffs are more fun to watch as long the Bruins remain in them (unless they're facing my team)...I'm pulling for you guys to bounce back because seriously who wants to watch the Sens move on !! :noway:

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Here's what i said in the pre-game thread

They're done. They're mentally checked out of this series... you can tell by the way they're talking. There's not enough talent on this team... The defense is slower than all hell & they're just flat out soft. They aren't built for playoff hockey.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ottawa won tonight 5-1.

And here's what I said in the pre-game thread:

Bring it.

Finish your checks!

I want to see effort.

I want to see intensity.

Win or lose, show me that you care!!!!!!!

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
The Sens have screwed us over the past couple years, with the Hamburgler coming out of no where to take the last playoff spot from the Bruins and now leading the series 3-1.

I no longer like them, Go Bruins.

Just do something!!!!

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Bruins lay it on the line.

"It's the same old story all over again-You turn a lover into just another friend-I want to love you, I want to make you mine"

"Won't you lay it on the line"

Great song!

Triumph is one of my all-time favorite bands!

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Here's what i said in the pre-game thread

They're done. They're mentally checked out of this series... you can tell by the way they're talking. There's not enough talent on this team... The defense is slower than all hell & they're just flat out soft. They aren't built for playoff hockey.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ottawa won tonight 5-1.

This is completely absurd.

There is no way boston will score a goal.

:laugh:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Win and live another day.

Losing in 5? What was the last time? Bruins only lost in less than 7 once when Clode was here and it was with the infamous game 6 ending in the SCF... :help:

Let's go Bruins! Scrap your way back into this series!

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
The Sens have screwed us over the past couple years, with the Hamburgler coming out of no where to take the last playoff spot from the Bruins and now leading the series 3-1.

I no longer like them, Go Bruins.

Just do something!!!!

Agree!

They were much easier to like when they weren't such a pain in the B's ass!

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Despite the injuries, the defense hasn't been the issue in this series. None of the forwards can hit the net if their life depended on it. You have Pastrnak, who looks like he hasn't played hockey before, Marchand who is dipsy do-ing all over the place, and Bergeron who looks like he forgets what a face-off is.

Being built for the playoffs isn't the issue. You can't win a game when your scorers aren't scoring.

Besides Chara at the end of games after playing ~30 minutes, and Cross, who, c'mon, is a 10th defensemen, our defense has been pretty good. Our lack of speed is evident, but guys like Morrow, Killer, and McAvoy especially have really stepped up. Every game has been a one goal game... You're right, defense is NOT the issue. Still, having Carlo would likely improve our PK, which would be good enough to win at least one more game. Krug is more important to our offense than all of our forwards except Marchand, Bergeron, and Pasta, I think. With all of them struggling, and us struggling to pass tape-to-tape, he's been invaluable. But given the situation, our D has been great and that makes me confident moving forward.

Marchand, Pasta, Bergy, and Krejci in particular need to start scoring. If they do, we can take this series. But all of them are struggling big time. They have no space out there, and 63 and 46 in particular are turning the puck over like there's no tomorrow. Pasta has also resorted to bambi legs, like his rookie year. That's not like him.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

Ok got no plans for Sunday afternoon.I have this feeling they play well tonight and win,than they come home and lay an egg.Other than 2011 this team seems to always sucks the big games at home .But yeah just win tonight first than will worry about the next game.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Even if Spooner isn't at full health I wonder if he thinks this coach has full confidence in him lolllllllllllllll Another all Claude according to everyone including him . I guess Claude actually had more faith in him . I am stunned he isn't dressing and I do aplogize saying there is no way he would be scratched no matter how bad he played . Make no mistake it is scratch not a missed game due to injury . It is possible he isn't 100 percent but this is a coaches call not a docs.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
He's sucked even at 100%.

If he's that banged up then take him out of the line up.

Word. If I never see him in a Bruins uniform again it will be just fine with me. Guy has been dog poo and he can shove his attitude where the sun doesn't shine. Sideways.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It will be very interesting to see the injury list after the season ends. Hopefully in June. :sarcasm:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Let's see if this corpse has one more dance in it.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad