BRUINS GDT ECQF GAME 5 4/30 7:11 PM - Jack Edwards’ final home game broadcast - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN, CBC, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - B's lead series 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Hello Bruins fans. I jumped the gun with a few posts, but wanted to introduce myself (not sure if there is an official place).

A Lurker for years, I love the passion you all have!! Born into the Black and Gold, I was brought to it by my father and late brother as fellow travelers.

Grew up in Boston area then moved out west here and there, but always have my heart in Mass.

An early Gen X-er who still has Bruins White Home jerseys.

There is Orr, then the rest. Espo, Cheevers... Ratelle, Park, McNab, O'Rielly... Bourque, Neely, Janney, Oates... Savard, Krejci, Thomas, Burgeron, Marchand... etc.

Be warned, I'm opinionated and a fan who will criticize the team, Boston fans have always been smart knowledgeable and demanding. Don't settle for less, If you think being a fan requires gulping kool-aid you won't like me. :sarcasm:

Go Bs!!!!!!! ;)
I was gonna welcome you until I realized you misspelled Bergeron, which is unforgivable

just kidding.....Welcome to the Bruins forum!!

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
1714457793313.jpeg

1714457816052.jpeg

just ........WIN!!!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It's going to be a long day. The Bruins need to finish the Leafs tonight, Panthers sit and wait, recover.

It seems odd that the only tied series is Vegas/Stars. A sweep almost always happens, and it was no surprise that the Rags crushed Washington.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I can't begin to describe, as a Bruins fan living in Canada, how bad I want this team to end the Leafs season tonight. TSN and Sportsnet make me want to gag every time I log onto the website or watch tv. Connor McDavid and the Oilers are easily the best Canadian team this year in the playoffs and there was an article the other day about "Bobby McMann possibly returning this series for the Leafs", I hadn't even heard who Bobby f***in McMann even was yet he's getting more print than the Oilers game the night before.

Tonight for me, is a test to the new leadership era. We struggled sometimes putting teams away in games 5 with a 3-1 lead in the past under Bergy and Chara. Lets see what Marchy, Pasta, Coyle, Carlo, McAvoy, Swayman, Maroon can do to get this team fired up to close at home and recover until Saturday to beat the brakes off those sunburned kitties.

Step on their throats, a 5-0 win, Swayman shutout, Pasta two goals, Freddy, Zacha and Coyle the others. LFG!!!!!!!!!

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
You have to think the Leaf's will come out flying knowing there playoff life is on the line. (if they do not we will know for sure what a soft team they are). Withstand the start play a solid defensive game . Start on time.

If the Bruins play like they can the Leaf's will begin to crumble if the do not have early success. Give the Leaf's no reason to believe they can win.

Reactions: HustleB

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Hello Bruins fans. I jumped the gun with a few posts, but wanted to introduce myself (not sure if there is an official place).

A Lurker for years, I love the passion you all have!! Born into the Black and Gold, I was brought to it by my father and late brother as fellow travelers.

Grew up in Boston area then moved out west here and there, but always have my heart in Mass.

An early Gen X-er who still has Bruins White Home jerseys.

There is Orr, then the rest. Espo, Cheevers... Ratelle, Park, McNab, O'Rielly... Bourque, Neely, Janney, Oates... Savard, Krejci, Thomas, Burgeron, Marchand... etc.

Be warned, I'm opinionated and a fan who will criticize the team, Boston fans have always been smart knowledgeable and demanding. Don't settle for less, If you think being a fan requires gulping kool-aid you won't like me. :sarcasm:

Go Bs!!!!!!! ;)

Welcome aboard.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Some quotes from the TML board this morning.

i want them to win but see no real chance of that

given that they're going to lose, a brutal ass whooping by the bruins might be better in the long term

Pride?

Don..they don't have any. That's the problem.

All while Nylander tell everobody to stop fckn crying 😁

Wow arent we pumped for the game ahead! 😂😂😭

I think ill book a time at the dentist instead and have them remove perfectly fine teeth...

Ya, that little gem tells you who the whiner on the team is……not that any of us are shocked

Just because we are the Leafs, and this is the way its always done, my prediction is Matthews is out tomorrow and we win, Matthews is out game 6 and we win again forcing the inevitable seventh game, then Matthews comes back, scores a couple, we're up 3-1 going into the third, and Boston scores three goals, last one being with 4 seconds left, to win and break our hearts once more.
Why? Because we're the Leafs baby, and you're not.

Not a chance we win the nhl wants this over as soon as possible and then it’s the panthers and the bruins
I had to bold this one.

After how pathetic that last game was...not happening.

Worst Leafs playoff game I think I've ever witnessed effort wise.

Believe it or not I saw the Bruins beat the Leafs 11-0 at MLG when I was a kid. My dad took me to the game and we got there about 3/4 of the way through the first period and the Leafs were already down 6-0. This is pre Bobby Orr when the Bruins were perennial cellar dwellers. Then again they beat the Leafs 10-0 and 7-0 in the first two games of the 1969 playoffs. The Bruins have owned the Leafs so long it’s painful.
Added the bold highlight on this one as well.

There is no wisdom in this statement.

If they beat the B's you really think they can beat the rest of the NHL?

This team is cooked. Not legitimate. Not a threat.

A goalie makes all the difference, but to ask Woll to stand tall cold through the next 3 series while the boys show nothing?

Not happening. The team is being gutted. Even if we make the second round.

I feel more exited over the thought that Nylander might play for Sweden. Even if the chance is realy realy realy small, it is still waaaaaay bigger then Leafs taking this to seven , and win!
I just start crylaugh out of nowere when ever my mind graze that thought. Win a game 7 hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuu uu u!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Big game for Zacha tonight
At the very least be better at the faceoff dot

Zacha's win percentage on faceoffs in the series is 48.3%.

Coyle's win percentage on faceoffs in the series is 48.2%.

Charlie has been pretty bad when shorthanded, 35.3%. However, those are probably all against Matthews or Taveras. They are very good.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Both teams know what is on the line tonight? Leafs (I hate typing that word) know they will be eliminated if they fail. Bruins were in this position last year and failed and it's burned into their brains. The Leafs are used to being perennial losers so another loss and they will all be up in Haliburton at their massive vacation homes recouping , shooting golf balls off the dock. Not such a big deal for them. Bruins need to end this to get the ghost of last season exorcized.

Last edited:
Reactions: lopey and caz16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad