Pre-Game Talk: ECQF Game 4 | NY Islanders vs. Pittsburgh Penguins | May 7 | 7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie lighthouse

Jan 3, 2009
EXACTLY! I understand the NHL "protecting their superstars", but c'mon man.. This isn't ballet. It's not like guys are taking runs at the guy... In fact, when was the last time you saw a superstar getting runs taking at them? He's getting stick checked by guys like Strait, and he's immediately upended somehow. If I want to see that kind of *****, I'd watch soccer...

Please stop ruining the game.

The fact of the matter is Crosby is the NHL's chosen one. He gets special treatment. The other 29 teams know this and deal with this and fair-minded pens fans will admit this also. Ask yourself, why does Crosby get booed way more than any other player in every away building in the league? Because he is perceived to receive special treatment by the referees. The call on Strait in OT was ticky tacky. But because it was on Crosby, it will be called 10 out of 10 times. Tavares as well as other teams superstars get completely abused and no calls are made. Yet when anything that remotely looks like a penalty is done to Crosby, there is a call. That is just the way it is and the way it has been. All 29 opposing teams know this and deal with it. Ask Flyer fans, Ranger fans, bruins fans etc. It is just a fact and accepted throughout the league. Nothing any pens fan or anyone else can say to disprove this.

NYIsles84

Dec 26, 2006
New York
Just got word that a random fan is mass producing these to distribute to all fans sitting along the glass for tomorrows game lol

8715274343_922e809898_o.png

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Just got word that a random fan is mass producing these to distribute to all fans sitting along the glass for tomorrows game lol

someone link this on twitter if possible and tweet at some people that cover the isles...i would love if this gained publicity

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY

:laugh::handclap:

I just got my tix today off StubHub. My buddy from Jersey is coming with me. I'm sooo pumped. Makes up for the fact I couldn't go Sunday. Hope they have the same effort as last game but come out with a win!!!

burnzy77

May 8, 2010
potts.pa
Hey guys im a long time isles fan my girl is a pens fan....i have a question for you all......Is it safe for her to wear pens gear to the game?

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Pretty much a must win. We split in Pittsburgh, hopefully we can split here. Nabby needs to be alot better. If nabbys had been nabby of april. We have a chance to go up 3-1 tomorrow. Tie the series at 2 at all costs.

Prediction: Islanders 5 Penguins 3

banehardens

Feb 19, 2013
Hey guys im a long time isles fan my girl is a pens fan....i have a question for you all......Is it safe for her to wear pens gear to the game?

Expect boos and and some (sometimes over the line) smack talking but in general I wouldn't worry much. I only saw one guy try to get physical with a penguins fan after the game Sunday but myself and a couple other Islander fans got in the middle and broke it up (Isles fan was completely out of line and embarrassing).

Add in the fact that most of the crowd won't have an opportunity to drink heavily before the game due to it being a weeknight and it should be more even more tame (hopefully not with crowd noise).

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island

On Sunday some girls in my area wearing penguins gear were jumping up and down when the penguins scored the and someone tossed an empty beer at them after the third goal.

It's the playoffs against a divisional rival... A night game people are going to be tailgating and drinking.. Coming off a tough loss.. It's gonna be a toss up you could be sitting in a section and not have a problem or you could be sitting by some idiots.

Some people take it too serious and with booze flowing you never know.. I mean I'm generally angered by opposing fans in my building haha I would never do anything but I would just advise my girl to avoid it or if she does dont make a scene when the penguins score.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I wish I was tailgating but my chauffeur doesn't get off of work and to my area until 5ish so I probably will just pregame while watching islander YouTube videos while blastin music haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad