Pre-Game Talk: ECQF Game 4 | NY Islanders vs. Pittsburgh Penguins | May 7 | 7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barz1

Oct 22, 2011
Practice the PP tmor, and staying away from Crosby--- staring at him might get you 5 min major

Potvinscup5

Apr 18, 2013
I agree with isles junkie put Martinek in there. Strait has been given some penalties that have costed us.

simbo042

Apr 24, 2013
Newcastle, UK
From the last thread, quote: "I bleed Islander's blue, but they NEVER win decisively, it's always by one goal. I think their goal is to give us all heart attacks like the last 2 games, and the last half of the season."

I think it's working!

Hipietro

Sep 3, 2006
Long Island
Just got back from the game. I can't hear anything or speak, voice is completely shot.

Our worst fears came true, the game was decided on a ******** call. Congrats to the NHL and Bettman's bunch.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Just got back from the game. I can't hear anything or speak, voice is completely shot.

Our worst fears came true, the game was decided on a ******** call. Congrats to the NHL and Bettman's bunch.

That's far from my worst fears. That's just what i expected actually. my fears was that there'd be no line changes.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Extremely happy with the way our guys never gave up...feel like the game was taken from us but in all honesty all of our players HAVE to know the crybaby is gonna get any type of call if you touch him. We have to adjust to that because we cant give them powerplays anymore if we wanna win the series

Islander Prophet

Oct 31, 2010
London, UK
we are getting killed on the special teams. Our PP is awful and theirs scores all the time. Need to fix that.

And would someone please hit that Crosby so hard he goes home to cry once and for all

Hershey Hockey

#AskNeal
Oct 5, 2010
Hershey, PA
I'm pissed off. I'm bitter. The Islanders earned a win and didn't get it.

But you know what? That's not a bad thing. They KNOW they have what it takes to not only hang with the Pens, but beat them. By far the biggest difference between these Islanders and the ones of the past are that after games like this, they don't mope around and say woe is me. They come back angry, energized, and playing their best hockey. Look what happened after that Ottawa game when many people say we got screwed out of a win. They went on the streak that propelled them into the playoffs.

Call me crazy, but I would not in the least be surprised to see the Islanders come out on a level we've never seen before on Tuesday and win in dominant fashion. This is their time, they earned it, now they're going to go out and take it.

Islander Prophet

Oct 31, 2010
London, UK
I really hope our team uses this hard loss to come out HUGE in game 4. The next game is now a must win game and hopefully we keep that high energy to show the Pens this series will be a difficult one

Ray Shero*

And would someone please hit that Crosby so hard he goes home to cry once and for all
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Do you want your whole team to be forced to forfeit?

I'm pissed off. I'm bitter. The Islanders earned a win and didn't get it.

But you know what? That's not a bad thing. They KNOW they have what it takes to not only hang with the Pens, but beat them. By far the biggest difference between these Islanders and the ones of the past are that after games like this, they don't mope around and say woe is me. They come back angry, energized, and playing their best hockey. Look what happened after that Ottawa game when many people say we got screwed out of a win. They went on the streak that propelled them into the playoffs.

Call me crazy, but I would not in the least be surprised to see the Islanders come out on a level we've never seen before on Tuesday and win in dominant fashion. This is their time, they earned it, now they're going to go out and take it.

Agreed with this, I'm not so confident in our play. Watching how the Isles played after these kind of games this year has me worried, there's no doubt in my mind that you guys will look better than you did today in game 4, the question is if the Penguins can match it.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
Awesome game to go to, too bad the Refs had to ruin it with inconsistent calls..It sucks because the Isles completely outplayed them 5 on 5. Whatever, lets get game 4.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Loved a lot of what I saw today. I really hope this is he team we see for years to come.

I can't get over how good KO has been. I think it's time he takes Boyes spot on the PP.

Really like Carkner in his limited minutes, but it's time to sit Strait and bring in Martinek.

This loss stings a lot. But they've shown they can bounce back.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Just got back from the game... Needless to say it was heartbreaking. Special teams so far is a disaster. 1 PP goal for and what like 5-6 against? Also, nabby really needs to step the **** up. What's his series S%...it's gotta be .810
I'm now 0-4 in the playoffs. Looking to not go 0-5 come Tuesday. I know I'm. Stating the obvious but the 7th is win or bust

IHateSidney

Oct 30, 2011
NY
They had the game on in the restaurant where we went to dinner. You dont know how badly I wanted to yell and curse when we lost. I had to hold it in. What a let down that we came back and tied it the way we did and then lost it in OT. However I am SO tired of us ALWAYS getting a penalty in OT and choking. It happens every time.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
i just got back from the game.. it is killing me that we lost. I took my wife to her first playoff game and we played hard and out shot them all game long. The refs in OT killed us.. i am so pissed off right now.

If we play like this on Tuesday minus the penalties we win easy!!

PS - I hate to say this.. Nabakov is a terrible post season goalie!! Now I know why San Jose has never won anything!!

Bert Marshall days

Oct 31, 2006
Growing up before our eyes. Great to see

Ya know ya have to beat the refs to beat pens

Even roenick and milbury said it was a bad call. Garbage

IHateSidney

Oct 30, 2011
NY
Would be wrong of me say I hope Crosby breaks his other jaw or something else so he can be out again?

Hershey Hockey

#AskNeal
Oct 5, 2010
Hershey, PA
Maybe I'm an idiot, but I don't think we should stay the course with the lineup next game. I saw two evenly matched teams out there today. I think there are two tweaks that could work magic for the Islanders.

Switch Strait for Martinek. Strait has been good. Not saying he's a scapegoat at all. But I think Martinek can be better. With the way we were scored on today, I think it's clear working a defensive defenseman in would be a good idea.

Second, and a little more radical. Put Bailey back on the second line and Moulson on the first with JT again. Switch Boyes and Okposo. With the way Okposo is playing right now, putting him with Tavares could pay explosive dividends in offensive production.

IslesFan23

Oct 11, 2009
London
They still need to be more physical. The shouldn't be afraid to hit along the boards. Strait had a chance to check Crosby before getting called for the penalty and did not. If he did Crosby is not in a position to "earn" a penalty.

GiveDWrightskates

Jul 9, 2007
Oslo
Does anyone know if refs have consequences for poorly called games? Can a certain ref or a crew be "tossed out" of the playoffs? Is it only supposed to be the best crews from the regular season calling games or do all crews call playoff games?

This officiating in this game was piss poor...

Barz1

Oct 22, 2011
Growing up before our eyes. Great to see

Ya know ya have to beat the refs to beat pens

Even roenick and milbury said it was a bad call. Garbage

Everytime I see the replay of that call, I want to throw up- !! When JR and MM broke it down in slo-mo, and basically said that Crosby embellished it, and took a dive, I wanted to break my TV !!! 60+ mins of great hockey, and the refs decide to end the game like that--- that call should not have been made---- even in regulation !!! If anything, its 2 and 2--- diving on Crosby !!

Islander Prophet

Oct 31, 2010
London, UK
Does anyone know if refs have consequences for poorly called games? Can a certain ref or a crew be "tossed out" of the playoffs? Is it only supposed to be the best crews from the regular season calling games or do all crews call playoff games?

This officiating in this game was piss poor...

the problem is that the league probably doesn't even regard that as a bad call. Someone brings down Crosby, it's an automatic.. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad