Pre-Game Talk: ECQF Game 4 | NY Islanders vs. Pittsburgh Penguins | May 7 | 7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
what possible reason would you not want them to be printed?

Who gives a **** about a player on their team!? **** them! Its enough that they have already taken one playoff game from us in a building whose days are seriously numbered. People need to realize that the playoffs at nvmc are not guaranteed, there is a very real chance that tomorrow could be the last playoff game ever played in the barn. Why waste one minute of it giving any type of recognition to a Mary on the other team?

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Who gives a **** about a player on their team!? **** them! Its enough that they have already taken one playoff game from us in a building whose days are seriously numbered. People need to realize that the playoffs at nvmc are not guaranteed, there is a very real chance that tomorrow could be the last playoff game ever played in the barn. Why waste one minute of it giving any type of recognition to a Mary on the other team?

If we out play them the next 2 games like we did the last 2 and lose because of refs(on crosbys you know what) like We did the last one. I want it to be known we got screwed rather then just being a distant memory. I want everyone to know if we had a fair shot we would have won this series (IF we lose). This could draw big media attention in the NHL and I want it to be realized that this is BS and for hope the league and refs stop pampering the pens and crosby.

Hershey Hockey

#AskNeal
Oct 5, 2010
Hershey, PA
Guys, while I'm not disagreeing that there have been some questionable incidents involving the refs, I really don't think the league or the refs are out to screw the Islanders and rig the series. If this was really the case we wouldn't have gotten any calls so far this series. We've had a decent amount of power plays, but it's been pretty atrocious. The Pens have had about the same number and they've capitalized like crazy.

If the league was really out to screw us, we would have gotten no calls last game and been called against like mad for the way everyone on the Isles was hitting. Let's not forget we were 0-4 on the power play last game.

The first call on Strait sucked, and the OT one was questionable for an overtime situation. But they weren't completely ridiculous phantom penalties. While I didn't like the calls, I sort of had an understanding as to why they were made.

What everyone needs to remember is that Crosby is going to get calls because he's the best player out there. He gets around guys easily and moves the puck at will, so as a result guys are going to commit penalties as they try to keep up with him and keep him from scoring. While I think an argument can be made that the refs sometimes go too far in giving him these calls, it makes sense if you look at it that way. What the focus should be is how the Islanders can keep him in check and shut him down as best they can without taking penalties.

Last edited:

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Pens Mod here in peace, I am doing the GDT for tomorrow and wanting to know from you guys since you follow the blogs and feeds for your team same as we do for our own... What the projected lines/line up is for your team for game #4. You can PM me or post it here. For whom ever is doing your GDT, our projected lineup is as follows...

Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Bennett - Malkin - Iginla
Morrow - Sutter - Cooke
Glass - Jokinen - Adams

Eaton - Letang
Martin - Engelland
Murray - Niskanen

**Neal and Orpik both full gear practiced day prior to game and are assumed/rumored to be game time decisions.

Thanks.

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
Guys, while I'm not disagreeing that there have been some questionable incidents involving the refs, I really don't think the league or the refs are out to screw the Islanders and rig the series. If this was really the case we wouldn't have gotten any calls so far this series. We've had a decent amount of power plays, but it's been pretty atrocious. The Pens have had about the same number and they've capitalized like crazy.

If the league was really out to screw us, we would have gotten no calls last game and been called against like mad for the way everyone was hitting on the Isles. Let's not forget we were 0-4 on the power play last game.

The first call on Strait sucked, and the OT one was questionable for an overtime situation. But they weren't completely ridiculous phantom penalties. While I didn't like the calls, I sort of had an understanding as to why they were made.

What everyone needs to remember is that Crosby is going to get calls because he's the best player out there. He gets around guys easily and moves the puck at will, so as a result guys are going to commit penalties as they try to keep up with him and keep him from scoring. While I think an argument can be made that the refs sometimes go too far in giving him these calls, it makes sense if you look at it that way. What the focus should be is how the Islanders can keep him in check and shut him down as best they can without taking penalties.

Answer, Martin rings his bell a bit when he tries to get cute. Do away with clutch and grab by double-teaming and letting Martin throw a legal hit than sends him halfway through next week.

Personally, I'd either like to see what he does then, if not just drink the tears that flow afterwards. :D

Superiority complexes make me ill.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Since Crosby came in to the NHL, this is a list of where they finished in the league in PP opportunities:

2012-13 - 6th
2011-12 - T6th
2010-11 - 5th
2009-10 - 4th
2008-09 - T4th
2007-08 - 4th
2006-07 - 1st
2005-06 - 9th

I don't want to hear how the better teams get more PP opportunities because Philadelphia and NJD finished 3rd and 4th this year (Teams that usually make it and didnt- coincidence?-League trying to help boost them in? and Detroit almost didnt make it - 2nd this year hmm?) while we finished 18th and 29th last year. We have the least amount of talent then anyone else in the playoffs and we finished 18th in opportunities ? We won games because we HAD to outwork other teams in every win. Yet 18th ? that im more okay with then Pittsburgh's opportunities since Crosby has been the best player in the league.

I want those Crosby dive signs everywhere!

Bert Marshall days

Oct 31, 2006
Just got word that a random fan is mass producing these to distribute to all fans sitting along the glass for tomorrows game lol

8715274343_922e809898_o.png

Priceless.

Would like to see Martin put crosby through the glass like Trottier did to a vancouver guy for cup #3!

GusTheo

Sep 14, 2011
Personally, I feel like if the Coliseum is filled with 1,000's of those Crosby signs, that it will just motivate him that much more. Let's be real, we don't need this guy to be any more motivated. He already destroys us, let's not make it worse.

I'm as big a Josh Bailey supporter as there is, but he needs to get back to his game. Last game I noticed him and JT started getting way too cute with the puck, especially Bailey. He needs to get back to firing the puck on net!

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Penguins @ Islanders game 4

I will put my keys to the game up in the GDT, I don't think we have lost anytime I did this (like 8 or 9 xs)

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Hey guys im a long time isles fan my girl is a pens fan....i have a question for you all......Is it safe for her to wear pens gear to the game?

As long as she's not an obnoxious loud-mouth who likes to start trouble with Isles fans, especially when the Isles are losing or have lost. Fans of the opposing team have every right to cheer on their team as long as they don't act like jackasses, and most people can respect that. She might get some good-natured ribbing for donning Pens gear, but if she's cool it won't be anything worse than that.

But if she is that type, I suspect you should be worried more for yourself than for her. You'll be the one to have to answer the bell for her nonsense.

Islanders1932

Jul 16, 2006
Long Island
www.beyondthetestprep.com
Hey guys im a long time isles fan my girl is a pens fan....i have a question for you all......Is it safe for her to wear pens gear to the game?

I was at the game on Sunday and every penguins jersey was booed very loudly. So as long as she can take that then she should be fine. If you are in or near section 329 the entire section will boo her loudly together

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I have never rooted for the Islanders up to this point in my life. Please do not make me regret it.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
As long as she's not an obnoxious loud-mouth who likes to start trouble with Isles fans, especially when the Isles are losing or have lost. Fans of the opposing team have every right to cheer on their team as long as they don't act like jackasses, and most people can respect that. She might get some good-natured ribbing for donning Pens gear, but if she's cool it won't be anything worse than that.

But if she is that type, I suspect you should be worried more for yourself than for her. You'll be the one to have to answer the bell for her nonsense.

That's exactly right. I would fear more for his safety than for hers. :)

There are always knuckleheads, but fans are usually great about it and they'll understand.

simbo042

Apr 24, 2013
Newcastle, UK
For me this is the biggest game of the year. The difference between 3-1 and 2-2 is huge against a team stacked with talent like the Pens. We need to stay out of the box and play the speedy transitional game that has got us this far in the series.

All you guys heading the the Coli will need to cheer extra loud for me! GO ISLES!

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Pressure's all on the NYI. They can't go back to Pittsburgh down 3-1.

Let's go Islanders :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad