Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 4 3:41 PM - An afternoon in the Everglades - NESN, TNT, SN1, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Bruins lead series 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Pastrnak likes him some matinee games.

This season:
21 games 17g-10a-27p

Let's hope for a big game from him tomorrow.

EDIT: Both DeBrusk and McAvoy are just under a point per game in matinees.

Small, but interesting (to me, anyway) detail... while his overall numbers aren't as great as the others listed above, Garnet Hathaway has scored goals at a much higher rate (greater than 2.5 X) in matinees vs night games this season.

Matinee games: 0.313 goals per game (5 in 16)
Night games: 0.118 g/g

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Jaffe and Razor said yesterday on the podcast that they expect Bob in net for FL, and that him coming into the last game wasn't unexpected. They said it was really important that Foligno had scored on him quickly going forward into this game.

They also said there is no reason at all that Friday's effort from the Bruins can't be repeatable today and going forward. Basically, they've finally come around to playing "playoff" hockey.

Florida didn't play as physical in Game 3 as in the first two games. Maybe they were a bit overconfident that the B's were intimidated? Or maybe because the B's came out and set the physical tone in the game. Either way, I expect a really physical response (again) from FL and the B's better match it. Bruins need to score the first goal again.

Razor said something funny about Pasta from a goalie's perspective. He said Pasta reminds him of the velociraptors in Jurassic Park, testing the fences for weaknesses. He says Pasta tries that with shooting at different spots on goalies to discover what works.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This is a biggie today. Take this one and the Cats are done.
I would love to see handshakes at the next home game!

The misses invited friends for supper. I was going to eat in front of the tv. Is it rude if I still do that?
All things considered it is NOT rude

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Layers and layers more with using the boards as your friends to get the puck out. No passes in the middle in our zone unless it's clear as day. Block shots from points at all times and disrupt them from entering zone from active sticks. They did that perfectly last game and must do the same. No air for cats in our zone and keep shot low for the swedish cookie monster or the Alaskan cool crab. Let's go!!!

Reactions: BMC and ProdigalFan

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Florida is gonna come out with a strong push in the first period and I'm expecting them to forecheck like demons.

If we manage the puck like we did in Game 3 and avoid the stupid turnovers and penalties, we'll weather the storm and our depth will be decisive.

Reactions: rfournier103

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Well we've all raved about their depth all season, so if we really belive in their depth then we should expect a win

They can win.

But you surely know it’s a totally different lineup then?

The league runs through the middle and Bergeron is the heart and soul of this team

Reactions: weaponomega

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
With the amount of sickness and injury this team is going through right now, how huge would it be to end this series in 5 games. The other east series are absolute wars, and I hope they all go 7. Give everyone a chance to recover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad