ECQF Game 3: Tampa Bay @ Columbus | 7:00PM EDT | NBCSN, TVAS, SN360, FS-O, SUN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Exactly. The best thing Foligno can do is do his best to send Stamkos packing.
At the same time 99% of the time I take that trade off if Fligs gets him to accept for being a bitch... now thats only if we are up or its still no score. Nicky grabs that 3rd or 4th line and puts the team on his back when we are down and gets the teams energy up and then we win. In order to have that energy we can lose him for 5minutes.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Stamkos has answered the bell plenty for a skill buy.

If asked, he likely goes. The question is will foligno push the issue over a nothing jab?
Getting a chance is not pushing the issue

Also Foligno would murder him but he prefers to play hockey and show up when its meaningful

Max McBolt

Dec 18, 2018
When did Columbus make fun of the Habs?

I mean I can understand if you’re unhappy that the Habs missed the playoffs. I never saw Columbus making fun of them.

x-Columbus Blue Jackets‏Verified account @BlueJacketsNHL
FollowFollow @BlueJacketsNHL
More
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D3b9LAYXkAEE1Ma.jpg

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Greatest team not most point team when one team gets points for 3 on three overtime wins and the carnival show.

I cam see why some people would like to say Tampa was the best regular season team, people like to lie.

Tampa has Steven Stamkos who trained with Gary Roberts. Not a single player on that Canadiens team did.

Hesitant to say how good they really were.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Getting a chance is not pushing the issue

Also Foligno would murder him but he prefers to play hockey and show up when its meaningful
So you get to take more offense about Stamkos jabbing foligno than foligno himself?

He probably won't ask because it was a non event. If he does ask, for whatever reason, I suspect Stamkos agrees win lose or draw.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Then I'm going have to rely on the damn Leafs or Washington or NYI because I sure as hell don't want BOS to win anything. :(

As much as I agree with this - and, trust me, there's no sports city where I hate every team they have like Boston - is it even worth it at this point? Red Sox are the reigning champions. Patriots are the reigning champions. Those teams have 10 championships combined since effin' 2001. It's almost not even worth it anymore. As a good friend of mine (and a CBJ fan, go figure) has said recently - Boston sports fans can actually ask themselves "gee whiz, should I try to get off work to attend the parade?" and be able to say "no", knowing the next parade isn't far behind.

Reactions: ChrisK97

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Bruins won 49 games in the RS
Caps won 48 games in the RS
Jackets won 47 games in the RS

They aren't anything like the '94 Sharks

If you're responding to my comment, that's not, well, even close to the point I was trying to make. The "embarrassing" thing in this case deals with a 128-point team (inflated due to the post-lockout era, sure, but still a really high number) being on the verge of being swept out of the playoffs in the first round. A 128-point team literally winning zero playoff games. Opponent almost doesn't even matter in that case, although I personally said quite a few times before the series that anyone considering Columbus to be an "easy out" for the Lightning was stuffing their heads full of nonsense. To be that good in the regular season and then immediately be that bad in the playoffs, to get completely outplayed...that's where the basis for comparison is.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I think if you replayed that series 500 more times the Caps win all 500. May never see something like that again.

It was incredible to watch, by game 6 we knew Halak was winning the series, even if Habs didn't tuch the puck for strechs of 10 minutes, we knew we were winning in 7 games.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Listen, I wasn't talking about the Pens until that dude brought them up to deflect. This all started because I was defending your team! I'm saying I'm ok with a down year.
You mean you are ok with a sweep hey?
ok got it lol

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
If Columbus gets past Tampa and that’s a big if, remember when the Bruins were up 3-0 on the Flyers?

They will have to be on top of their game to have a chance against the Toronto/Boston winner.

Good luck to you against Toronto.

Boston or Toronto don’t stand a chance against Columbus imo, the Blue Jackets are on another level.

Reactions: Bobcat110
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad