GDT: ECQF Game 3 - New York Rangers @ Pittsburgh Penguins - 7pm EST - MSG, TNT - Series (Tied 1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Real simple tonight-get pucks deep and hammer their d every time they touch the puck..no fancy east-west passing tonight, north-south with your feet and the puck

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021
A team with the BEST goalie in the league vs a third string and only a slight edge??
Ridiculous
If we lose it will be embarrassing and heads should roll
Well I'm basing this on the probability on five thirty eight and the series line by bookies. It's legal to bet online in ny and online and live in nj..Meadowlands. I'm all for making money...but minus 135 on nyr series line isn't really am edge..

When you're playing a 3rd stringer it doesn't need to be a perfect play- there will be opportunities to score cleanly from mid range. Don't over-pass here
You might be correct...but the odds makers have nyr very small fans in the series...very small. On fact as of 14tpm Saturday tb and nyr are the same odds to win cup...tampa@is down 2 x games to 1

Reactions: Ginger Papa

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
People who think this is going to be easy because they have a 3rd string goalie in net should probably think again. The guy did not play poorly at all last game. The Pens are good, are playing at home, and will always get the benefit of the officiating. The Rangers need to play better defensively and withstand the first 10 minutes.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Don't play too cute. Move the pack to the net and good things will happen. We got this!

View attachment 542214
View attachment 542215
View attachment 542216
View attachment 542217
View attachment 542218
DFABA7D9-F2BB-4F23-B199-F3560819D570.jpeg

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
People who think this is going to be easy because they have a 3rd string goalie in net should probably think again. The guy did not play poorly at all last game. The Pens are good, are playing at home, and will always get the benefit of the officiating. The Rangers need to play better defensively and withstand the first 10 minutes.

Ok all of a sudden this guy should command respect because he came in cold after all of our guys were totally gassed after 100 minutes of hockey? And he lets up 5 in his first actual game.

Dude blows, hope we destroy him and really shatter him tonight. Then, possibly play one of their partially hurt guys who also are not great goalies.

I like our chances. Let's. Go.

Reactions: haveandare

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Just keep BANGING bodies. You have to think they have guys playing hurt on that back end. Of course we probably have some guys banged up, but Reaves really has put a hurting on their D. Marino got pasted into the boards like a new Ad in game 1 multiple times. He wasn’t the only one. Keep hitting Malkin, he is so easy to frustrate and get him off his game
I agree with the caveat that they maintain structure.

I loved the 1st period of game 1... but that was because it was like the scene in Slap Shot when the Hansen's initially took the ice...

"ok boys... show us what you've got"

Play like that but w out recklessly or haphazardly chasing.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
If Lindgren is in I wouldn’t mind seeing him with Schneider. I thought Braun held his own on the top pair and it would really help our 3rd line not be a total dumpster fire.

Reactions: Lua, Cmox and Krams

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If Lindgren is in I wouldn’t mind seeing him with Schneider. I thought Braun held his own on the top pair and it would really help our 3rd line not be a total dumpster fire.
Disagree. If Lindgren is healthy enough to play he should be playing with Fox like he has been the last couple years. Braun was ok at best, he got shitted on by Crosby however on that goal, I don't trust him long term on the top pair position.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Ok all of a sudden this guy should command respect because he came in cold after all of our guys were totally gassed after 100 minutes of hockey? And he lets up 5 in his first actual game.

Dude blows, hope we destroy him and really shatter him tonight. Then, possibly play one of their partially hurt guys who also are not great goalies.

I like our chances. Let's. Go.
I mentioned before that he had a 2.41 GA and .924 save % in the AHL. He's not some high school scrub like some are making him out to be. He faced 40 shots and 3 of the goals allowed were deflections and one went off his Dman's skate. Do we have a huge advantage in net? Sure do, but this guy is better than some backups in this league like a guy on the Rangers.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I begrudgingly acknowledge this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad