ECQF Game 2: Toronto Maple Leafs (3) at Boston Bruins (2) 8 PM EDT | CBC, NBC, TVAS

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
2 years of leaf fans screaming at the top of their lungs to get heyman of the matthews line, they finnaly do it and leaf fans still angry.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I agree with what you are saying but it can be done without the sexism. "Manning up" has nothing to do with how good of a hockey player someone is and encourages toxic masculinity in the game that should be for EVERYONE. What I can agree with is the team has to regroup and come out playing their game, as the Bruins have smelled bloode and want to go in for the ego kill.

However the Leafs shouldn't be hitting anyone. Outwork them with their speed and it's an almost guaranteed win. Oh and Andersen needs to get back to his earlier season form and not whatever the last few weeks has been.

Bahahahaha

Reactions: Syckle78

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Leafs need to ignore the stuff after the whistle. They played right into the Bruins hands instead of playing to their own strengths.
Series is just starting and a whole lot of players need to play much better for them to have a chance. The Bruins stars came to play in Game 1 and were just much better than the Leafs stars. That has to change if they want a long series.

Reactions: Kelly and Loosie

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
well the Leafs did show they could play well for at least half a game. they also showed they could implode and shoot themselves in the foot. hopefully they learn and move on

Reactions: Mike Bobcat

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I agree with what you are saying but it can be done without the sexism. "Manning up" has nothing to do with how good of a hockey player someone is and encourages toxic masculinity in the game that should be for EVERYONE. What I can agree with is the team has to regroup and come out playing their game, as the Bruins have smelled bloode and want to go in for the ego kill.

However the Leafs shouldn't be hitting anyone. Outwork them with their speed and it's an almost guaranteed win. Oh and Andersen needs to get back to his earlier season form and not whatever the last few weeks has been.
man up
phrasal verb of man
  1. 1.
    USinformal
    be brave or tough enough to deal with an unpleasant situation
weird, I don't see where it says that only men can play hockey or anything like that

BruinsDude

Jan 18, 2007
Whitman, Ma
a708f75872ca78cdf13d606df49064de--bruins-hockey-ice-hockey.jpg

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
I expect Matthews to have a huge night. The Leafs have responded well when adversity hits them plus this game is on National TV in the USA just another incentive to show everyone how good he can be

Reactions: Mike Bobcat

Lexicon

Dec 7, 2006
No clue

Please don't post your ridiculous social justice nonsense on a hockey board. Go back to tumblr.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Leafs have shown during the regular season that they can play for patches without AM.....now this is post season so it’s a totally different game now but it’s not an impossible task tonight.....albeit it will be a tough test.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Leafs have shown during the regular season that they can play for patches without AM.....now this is post season so it’s a totally different game now but it’s not an impossible task tonight.....albeit it will be a tough test.
They just need to play without their heads shoved up their asses. Full credit to the Bs...they got TO to fall for their shit.

Reactions: Loosie

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
They just need to play without their heads shoved up their asses. Full credit to the Bs...they got TO to fall for their ****.

Agreed

As is the case so often, the winner is the team who can impose their will on their opponent.

SportsJunkie

Jan 29, 2013
Toronto
Really hope the Leafs find a way to win tonight it's going to be tough though.

Matthews is being cuddled by Babcock...most likely our future captain? 10 million/year player? Then ride that horse double shift him a few times

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Boston has a storybook first game. They blew out the Leafs, bullied them on the ice and got in their head. Leafs retaliated and lost one of their best players on a three game suspension now.

Leafs need to accept their identity tonight in the series if they hope to have a chance. Let the Bruins hit you and try to start stuff after the whistles. They have a much tougher team, you have more speed. Hurt them that way.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Leafs are too good a team to get blown out again tonight. I think this game is going to be really hard fought and will go to overtime

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I have a feeling this is going at least 6 games.

Originally I picked the Leafs in six....I’ll be honest with the lose of Kadri I’m not sure they can do it now.....I want to see how they do tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad