Pre-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - Sat 8:12 PM - A game the Bruins HAVE to win - NBC, CBC, SN(4K), TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Pasta

ANTHONY!
Aug 20, 2006
The Granite Town in The Granite State
Echoing others, a clean page!

I wonder how much to read into Marchand's "we may have thought this would be easier than it was." Above all else, I hope to see more "compete" tomorrow.

Gotta listen to the question into the answer. Reporter asks about the three of them being off their game (line 1), his answer was about getting away from their playing style after some time apart but needing to be able to still play their game. The thought it'd be easier comment is in response to them being ready and in sync after not playing in a game together for so long. I take it as a insulated inward comment to them as a line gelling back together and expecting each other to be where they'd usually be. Start the video at 2:05

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
Lmao this ones going 7 boys, always was tbh. I’m a leafs fan but don’t mind the B’s (I love Bergy, he’s an all world player).. but the Leafs are Jekyll and Hyde lol. Wouldn’t surprise me if series was 2-2 after both home splits.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Well....during the first period I was a bit preturbed as we had the 1st goal and then went into coast mode thinking the game was going to end 1-0.
The Leafs played with a "defence first" objective. They took advantage of defensive lapses. Good on them.
1st line did not have a good game. 2nd line even worse. 3rd was ok due to being more physical.
Debrusk did not have a good game choosing twice with a shot 20 feet out to suddenly pass.
Tuukka who I'm generally quick to critisize had a decent game. Dude had to handle 4 breakaways. Sheesh.
The guys that truly has a decent game were Carlo and Clifton, especially Clifton. Showed off his skating and puck smarts plus that dude can hit. Chara was off last night. Too much pissing around. Forward it up ice already.

I sense Backes will be lacing them up game #2.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
You really want to go to Toronto down 0-2?
Nobody WANTS to go down 2-0, but we’ve come back from it before, and we’ve also blown 3-0 leads.

The only must wins are elimination games.......but we are probably splitting hairs here. This is a really really important game for us to bounce back on....

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Frustrating night last night. I still very much believe in these players. Don't complicate things. Put players where they should be, and everything will be fine. This is a better team than the Leafs.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
We need to shut them up

upload_2019-4-12_18-0-7.png

Last edited:

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Gotta listen to the question into the answer. Reporter asks about the three of them being off their game (line 1), his answer was about getting away from their playing style after some time apart but needing to be able to still play their game. The thought it'd be easier comment is in response to them being ready and in sync after not playing in a game together for so long. I take it as a insulated inward comment to them as a line gelling back together and expecting each other to be where they'd usually be. Start the video at 2:05

Thanks for providing some context. I didn't hear the interview and all I saw and heard on social media is "we thought it would be a little easier". Shows how the media can spin things. Kind of like Cassidy's 'Gretzky' comment when talking about how elusive Marner is. The Toronto media, mostly tongue-in-cheek, were talking about Cassidy comparing Marner to Gretzky. They were mostly being facetious but you can see where the masses could take that and run with it.

Reactions: Neely2005

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Didn't want to spread negative vibe before the series even started, but since Game 1 has gone the way it has gone... I am not optimistic about this series at all. I fear we are going to be the "surprise" of the 1st round. The Bruins haven't played a good game in quite some time, a supposed difference maker Pastrnak looked like ECHLer, the glorified Boston defense allowed about five breakaways during the game, inlcuding two on our powerplay. On top of that, Andersen will probably outplay Rask just like he has done last year.
I will still watch, hope for the best, but head says otherwise. I seriously hated how most users on the HF acted as if this will some cakewalk, only makes it worse if things go wrong.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
where as the Herald usually markets a lovely selection of discounts on lawn furniture and produce, its good to see our neighbors up north be more forward thinking in their advertisements

........and we have a WINNER! Post of the day.

Does this mean that Fenway has to ban himself for that post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad